Okay, so I've decided...

neutrocks

Guest ursaminorjim

You know what?? You might have a point. I think the single CD only has a fold out poster for it's booklet.

Makes sense. So is the back of the poster on the 2-disc just blank?

And where are you finding these images?

Exactly!

So I believe that DOUBLE CD is with the booklet and poster separately.

In this photo we can see the poster behind the album (with booklet inside)

cele_poster.jpg

good eye!! It kinda makes sense to pack the 2 CD set with more. Most of the die hard fans will buy the 2 CD set while most casual fans, etc., who buy the 1 CD set won't care much about the lack of booklet or they'd just purchase the 2 CD set.

I've just downloaded the delux version of the album, they've done a great job with the older songs! They sound so clear with a good bass!

Not sure about revolver yet, may take a few more listens.

Guest ursaminorjim

I only listen to music on cassette now. I play it on a "My First Sony" Walkman because I'm so painfully hip and full of childlike wonderment and worship the cultural wasteland that was the mid-80s.

*speeds away on a fixed-gear bicycle...*

walkman4_1436158i.jpg

Guest dicktracy

Noticed that too. :lmao: Shouldn't it be INGRID CHAVEZ in capitals, after she didn't get the credit first time round?

I think she got writing credits not production.

Guest ursaminorjim

So what's the other side of the poster for both single & doube CD?

Dun tell it's BLANK. WB wouldn't be so dumb rite?

Well, the single CD has the album credits (neut's first post) for sure. No idea what's on the back of the double. Maybe one's b/w the other color? That seems possible - look at the folds of both posters:

img0854u.jpg

img0859l.jpg

It's quite possible they're opposite sides, given the inverse folds. But that's just a hazarded guess.

Well, the single CD has the album credits (neut's first post) for sure. No idea what's on the back of the double. Maybe one's b/w the other color? That seems possible - look at the folds of both posters:

It's quite possible they're opposite sides, given the inverse folds. But that's just a hazarded guess.

The back of the 2CD poster is blank.

I posted the following info just over a day ago in the tracklisting thread, but judging by some of the comments, I don't think (m)any of you saw it:

Warners have stuffed up the Australian release. JB HiFi (largest chain in the country) doesn't have a single copy of the 1CD version in any store in Australia (according to the salesperson I spoke to, who researched it after some guy asked him why they didn't have it). The 2CD version, though, was put on sale today in some stores (a day early) for $19.99 (cheaper than the iTunes version!!) and the DVD is out next week (there's a sticker with an ad for the DVD on the front of the CD).

There's not a lot to the artwork - it's the cover theme throughout with a few Mr Brainwash-icised photos from various stages of her career. There's a list of production/writers' credits etc. and a very brief "thank yous" section from Madonna (Michael Rosenblatt, her warners family and her fans - "I love each and every one of you". I was kind of hoping for a massive booklet with tonnes of info about her history (like a proper, serious version of the GHV2 liner "notes"), but alas, nothing of the kind. There's a foldout poster of the cover inside the CD case :)

OK, here's the text of her "thank yous" (spoilers!!)

Thank you to Michael Rosenblatt for bringing me to Seymour Stein who made it possible for me to make music.

Thank you to my Warner Bros Records family for all your hard work and effort throughout the years.

Special thanks to all the fans for your love and support. I appreciate every single one of you.

Then it lists general album credits for the collection (e.g. Executive Producer - Madonna, etc. etc.) Madonna's assistant manager is listed as Sara Zambreno - has anyone ever heard of her?

After the credits, in her own handwriting, Madonna has written, "All the best! Madonna" with a love heart over the second "a" in "Madonna".

The back of the booklet has a picture in the top left corner of Madonna's lips with the beauty spot, a Madonna stamp (with an LA postmark for 29 Sept. 2009 - US release date), xoxo under the lips and a big red "Fragile. Handle With Care" sticker across the middle of the page. Below that, again in her own handwriting, Madonna has written "love Madonna" with a heart over the first "a" :)

I won't go into detail about the other pages in the booklet, but there's quite a cool one with dozens of broken vinyl records. Another has images in sepia of her from every stage of her career, but there's a dribbling paint effect that I think detracts from the overall effect of the page. Still, others might love it!

Edit - I've just noticed an unfortunate typo in the production credits - La Isla Bonita is credited to Madonna, William Orbit and Patrick Leonard (as producers) - someone's obviously just cut and pasted the credit for "Frozen" :(

Guest ursaminorjim

Thanks, carta! :thumbsup:

And don't worry about any spoilers, since neutrocks posted all that on page one. It's been spoilered already.

Shame about the lazy "La isla bonita" credits, though. Doesn't anybody have copy editors on their staff anymore?

You're welcome, ursaminorjim :) I just cut and pasted my post from yesterday, so the "spoiler" thing was relevant at the time (didn't think to cut it out). Now I think the whole world has seen just about everything! I'm still waiting to get the 1CD, though - the booklet/fold out poster looks great! Not a single copy to be found in Australia so far.... :(

The back of the 2CD poster is blank.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

Why can't WB put in a little more effort? :rolleyes:

They can just print the same thing for both side.

And btw, it has already been released in my country and strangely, single disc is not available either. :dazed:

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

Why can't WB put in a little more effort? :rolleyes:

They can just print the same thing for both side.

And btw, it has already been released in my country and strangely, single disc is not available either. :dazed:

Where do you live, horn?

BTW - as inappropriate as your pic is, it always makes me smile :) Did you make it yourself? If so, well done!!! :thumbsup:

So what's the other side of the poster for both single & doube CD?

Dun tell it's BLANK. WB wouldn't be so dumb rite?

From what I've heard (but don't quote me on this), but the SINGLE CD booklet folds out to the poster where the back side displays these images and the credits:

img0860xm.jpg

And the double CD has a poster that folds out (which has a separate booklet) with probably a similar montage of images above or it's just blank. I hope it's blank.