Latoya Jackson DEFENDS Madonna

Braby

Way cool La Toya. I'm so glad she defended Madonna and stood up to The View ladies like that who have been nothing but trouble makers and b*tches about it. Simple as. As said in another thread, I hope Madonna never goes on that show again.

Joy Behar needs to choke on a cannoli so she can truly die happy, Italian style. :D

And Bahbwa needs to learn how to pronounce her "R"'s before she can criticize anybody on speaking sincerely. :lmao:

:rotfl: @ Lotsa De Casha that title still cracks me up

That whole point in her career still cracks me up. What an oddball time. :blink:

And why do I think if Hasslequack was there she would actually be the sane one for once and defend Madonna in this instance? Anyway. It amazes me that so many self proclaimed liberals like Joy HATE Madonna. Ill never understand it.

Guest jamesshot

LOL. They so expected her to diss Madonna.

I too am disappointed in them with this. I don't get it. I just don't.

Latoya thoroughly defended Madonna. She could not have said a more perfect defense. Just wonderful.

If Michaels own mother loved it, end of discussion.

Those 4 Bitches are so irrelevant, I've never seen this how before, and now I know I won't ever.

I wish I could meet them in the street and let them know how stupid they are. I just hope many others in the media defends Madonna against these witches. How great would be that Oprah and Ellen talk about how great her speech was, so these old whores feel embarrased.

That whole point in her career still cracks me up. What an oddball time. :blink:

And why do I think if Hasslequack was there she would actually be the sane one for once and defend Madonna in this instance? Anyway. It amazes me that so many self proclaimed liberals like Joy HATE Madonna. Ill never understand it.

Oddly I agree with you on this!

The Hassel.. one would probably be defending Madonna on this.. it's just a feeling I get

Agree with the children books era.. that was weird indeed

Guest jamesshot

Haha I actually think Elizabeth would have defended her too.

Look, I love Joy and she has defended Madonna many times. It is Whoopie who generally says negative things about M. Barbara does as well, only defending her with the adoption thing( I think Whoopie did to, but she looked pained doing it).

The View is actually a great show. They have some great discussions and some not so great ones.

Again, props to Latoya. She genuinely seemed touched and excited by what Madonna said.

I like Joy but she has always had it out for Madonna for whatever reason.Good for La Toys for standing up for her.

I hate the View and never watch it but I like Joy and often agree with her views, but she's dead wrong on this one. She's never been a fan of M and has repeatedly ripped into her (but, of course, was nice to her face when she was on that horrible show).

Well, that was very sweet. I haven't seen her on anything in years and years -- but she does strike me as a very positive person. (Odd -- because the last I thought I'd heard of her, she was writing a negative tell-all or something. I'm sorry I had such a different opinion of her.)

I was thinking about Madonna's speech again and how balanced it was, even in the sense of the celebrity/"commoner" sense (if you'll forgive the word choice). I mean, she has that pretty unique perspective of sharing the same level of fame and scrutiny and infamy that Michael did -- and she was also able to share the intimate details of their Oscars date... which is all something no one else (or very few people) could have shared with the audience. But she also was not completely aloof and in the celebrity stratosphere -- she shared how she went on the internet to watch old videos of him after he died. I mean, who didn't do that when they heard the news?! I know I did (not even being the hugest MJ fan ever) -- and I think a lot of people did -- so she was just like everybody else, in that sense, wanting to see MJ how they wanted to remember him best. It was just interesting to me how she showed those two sides, which should have engaged the audience well -- to appeal to their sense of curiosity about what her moments with MJ were like, but also to relate to the audience on a level that we can share because we reacted similarly to his death.

Boo on The View for this... trying to lead LaToya into attacking Madonna or criticizing her, when it was so obvious she was sincere and heartfelt. As we said in other threads, if Madonna was "using" the opportunity, she could have plugged her greatest hits, or walked out to one of her songs (or even performed). But she obviously didn't feel that's what the moment was all about, and she didn't try to upstage the tribute from the dancers and Janet. She really is classy, despite the View ladies' attempt to drag her through the mud.

It was so obvious that Joy, and the rest of her hags were thinking Latoya was gonna diss M's speech big time. FAIL! :lmao:

You could see it in their faces. As much as people love to hate on Elizabeth, I bet she would have lauded Madonna's speech.

It's funny that they dissed Madge for talking about her personal experiences with MJ whereas it's OK for Whoopi to talk about her personal experiences with late Patrick Swayze? Isn't that what they called "it's all about her"? :rolleyes:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=33-DUIc9zj4

You said it! I was thinking the same thing -- I kind of half-predicted this in the other VMA thread, and Vermicious Knid (thanks, VK!) confirmed for me that Whoopi went there.

I mean, I don't want to hate on Whoopi, but why does she have to be hypocritical about it, ya know? Notice that her cohorts have to point out how cute she was in the movie, and Whoopi points to her Oscar as this crowning achievement of life, and how this obviously must validate Patrick Swayze's worth.

Funny how Madonna's speech, on the other hand, warned about the dangers and lures of fame (and its particularly damaging effects on one so young) -- and, instead, celebrated FRIENDSHIP and just human connection. Holding a hand of a friend while watching an old movie. Eating French fries and laughing. Not a golden statue to affirm how great an actress you are.

I realize Whoopi was trying to pay the biggest compliment she could, and she did communicate how funny and fun-loving he was with her on the set. But ultimately, her 'tribute' ended up praising herself just as much as Swayze -- which is pretty two-faced, given her VERY recent criticism of Madonna.

AWWWWWWWWW those bitches got their foot stuck up their nasty mouth.....Esp that hag joy. And Ms. Walters the Jackson family loved it so keep your stupid opinion to yourself. I guess if she were listening she would have heard Madge mentioned that they were not great friends to begin with.

And I guess part of the bashing stems from the fact that rosie O is great friends with the queen and i just think that trashing Madonna's every move would be getting back at what rosie did to them....

Edited by nikki_finn73

I can't stand those bitches on The View...sitting around,gossipping and talking shit.They act like high school girls.

I'm glad that LaToya didn't join them in their bitchfest.They wanted her to diss Madonna,but she was VERY impressed with Maddy's speech,as were most people.

Ridiculous how that Barbara bitch basically tried to make it appear as though Madonna had claimed to be Michaels friend suddenly to promote herself or something.

Exactly. As if she needed to use that occasion to promote herself or anything at this stage of her life/career.

She is a 51 yo woman with a tour that no other artist male or female 25, 50 or 60 yo can have. As someone said

the idea of a woman who's been constantly in control and continues to be so, retaining such level of success is just

too outrageous and unacceptable for people with limited minds and envious hearts like theirs, the "ladies".....