"Revolver" Daily Mediabase Airplay Report

Guest dicktracy

Guest bluejean

That simple, really ?

People didn't like it...People that had the power to make the song and what she had to say disapear... Of course the message could'nt be popular at that time (look how they laughed at the "Bush years" in the Letterman show today, though), but it seems too simple to say that people as a whole didn't like it, that's impossible.

Obviously she was banned with no airplay at that time, because of her politic statement.

The song wasn't very good! And it had no political statement. Reviews also slated the song and and the album, internationally too. I suppose you think there was some conspiracy there as well.

The only thing the song had going for it was the controversy of the video. And nobody saw that. Madonna didn't even include it on Celebration, because even alot of fans did not like the song. It's really that simple.

The song wasn't very good! And it had no political statement. Reviews also slated the song and and the album, internationally too. I suppose you think there was some conspiracy there as well.

The only thing the song had going for it was the controversy of the video. And nobody saw that. Madonna didn't even include it on Celebration, because even alot of fans did not like the song. It's really that simple.

That's only your opinion on the song... Of course it's because of the video and her global statement on Bush and Iraq that made her banned. She was said to be anti-US. You can't pretend ignoring that she was becoming controversial in America.

It's not a matter of the song being considered bad (and only in the US !). That's laughable !

Guest Danny86

I think we can agree "American Life" is not as instant/radio friendly/commercial/infectious whatever as "Frozen", "Music", "Hung Up" or "4 Minutes". Which means radio stations CAN decide if a song is worth pushing or not. I'm not naive to believe request are taken into account, but they most likely heard some not so welcome comments on the song as it was dropped out quite quickly and even in Europe it was far from as a hit as the other 4 songs I listed. It was not a flop because anything Madonna releases is given a chance (well at least up to now) in EU and since it wad released before the album it gathered decent sales, but the chart numbers show it was far from a huge hit. Reaching only #10 in Germany, France and Belgium is a clear sign of this.

I think we can agree "American Life" is not as instant/radio friendly/commercial/infectious whatever as "Frozen", "Music", "Hung Up" or "4 Minutes". Which means radio stations CAN decide if a song is worth pushing or not. I'm not naive to believe request are taken into account, but they most likely heard some not so welcome comments on the song as it was dropped out quite quickly and even in Europe it was far from as a hit as the other 4 songs I listed. It was not a flop because anything Madonna releases is given a chance (well at least up to now) in EU and since it wad released before the album it gathered decent sales, but the chart numbers show it was far from a huge hit. Reaching only #10 in Germany, France and Belgium is a clear sign of this.

I can agree on the fact that Al is not her most immediate hit, not one of her biggest hits either, but still it was a worldwide hit... But that's not the point at all !

The point is the song was banned in the USA (when radio stations ALL respond in the same way, that should tell something !), and so were the next singles of the album. Although you may consider they were bad too ?!

That is not an explanation to me, as long as she gets to be played elsewhere. There is a problem for her music to get through and be heard in America, as a matter of fact !

Edited by From France

• 2 weeks later...

10/11/09 Revolver

"To Date" Quick Cut numbers

207 spins (+18 from the day before)

1,261,000 impressions (+44,000)

10/12/09 Revolver

223 spins (+16 from the day before)

1,301,000 impressions (+40,000)

10/13/09 Revolver

246 spins (+23 from the day before)

1,370,000 impressions (+69,000)

I think it will do well :)

10/11/09 Revolver

207 spins (+18 from the day before)

1,261,000 impressions (+44,000)

10/12/09 Revolver

223 spins (+16 from the day before)

1,301,000 impressions (+40,000)

10/13/09 Revolver

246 spins (+23 from the day before)

1,370,000 impressions (+69,000)

I think it will do well :)

Im confused. Is this in America?

These are the accumulative figure, not daily.

This is daily:

16/10

RHY - 1

Total Spin - 1

Total AI - 0.002m

:bad:

true, but if you look at the total to date section, you will see that it increased from 300-328 spins. the 28 spins come from staions that are not monitored on the quick cut data section.

Pulse:

10/17/09 Revolver

348 spins (+20 from the day before)

Okay I dont get this. Is it getting 348 spins a day or just 1 like the other list is saying? :lol:

Guest Bad Robot

I can't quite figure out how to edit the sub-headline for this topic, but it should definitely not say "200+ spins daily average" as that is clearly not remotely true. It appears there are less than 5 spins daily on average. (I'm guessing the numbers not showing up are from a "Rhythmic AC" station like KTU?)

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...