REVOLVER HAS LEAKED!

freddykrueger86

i feel like they wouldn't go so far to get lil wayne in and not use it as a single and ride his popularity... but then again, i thought the same about "dance tonight."

the only part i wish was more like the demo is whenever she says "you're an accessory to murder cuz..." it just sounds out of place, but i LOVE THE SONG... i thought the "mirror mirror" line was in the demo though? truly, i'm having a hard time figuring out where there's new lyrics.

edit: the "line em up and watch em fall" part where she's both high and low pitch blew my mind, still trying to figure out if i like it or not, but the rest is amazing. this DOES go well with hard candy.

Edited by infiniblue

Fucking catchy and I actually like Madonna overproduced and autotuned voice because of the style of the song. I hope she releases this with a video. I still have doubts she will release it as a proper single but I hope I'm wrong.

It's screams hit all over it, indeed.

WHY was celebration released before this? the only problem with the song is that it doesn't sound like MADONNA...

Anyway i love it and people wont stop coming by my office so I have to keep turning it down :angry:

. Like someone else said, if it was by any other artist we wouldn't even bother listening to it.

I dont know. This has been an odd year for me. I have been getting down to the likes of Gaga, Black Eyed Peas, Pitbull, Sean Paul, and yes I hate to admit it, Cascadas new one this year! Dunnnn dunn dunnnnnn! So this song isnt that far from fitting in right along with those other ones, so yeah if it wasnt Madonna I think I would still love it. Hell. I said I have loved the demo version since I first heard it.

I completely agree with this. Celebration is a fun, quirky song that I listen to all of the time... it won't become one of her classics, but that's OK because not every song has to. However, Revolver IMHO just isn't good. Sorry for saying that, but it's just not that great of a track. It's mediocre. Like someone else said, if it was by any other artist we wouldn't even bother listening to it.

Of course, since it is Madonna, I'll listen to it on repeat on my ipod, but that's beside the point.

It sounds like there is a good sound hidden away in there... but cannot get out. When Lil' W's part came on it made me think of 90's No Doubt... I don't know why. But yes, if it was by anyone else I would have stopped listening to it 5 seconds in. I think its better than Celebration though (dull as hell- I already forgot how it goes) and has greater potential to be a hit. She probably won't release it however.

I use a simple rule of thumb when critiquing a new Madonna song: Would I still like it if it were sung by someone else? Every once in a while, the answer is "no." For "Revolver," that answer is a resounding "YES."

It's not typically the style of music I gravitate towards, but it has an infectious quality that's just absolutely irresistible to me.

Who knows what it'll do at Top 40 radio, but I believe we're looking at Madonna's 41st #1 Dance/Club hit.

I completely agree with this. Celebration is a fun, quirky song that I listen to all of the time... it won't become one of her classics, but that's OK because not every song has to. However, Revolver IMHO just isn't good. Sorry for saying that, but it's just not that great of a track. It's mediocre. Like someone else said, if it was by any other artist we wouldn't even bother listening to it.

Of course, since it is Madonna, I'll listen to it on repeat on my ipod, but that's beside the point.

I SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO AGREE with you!!! :clap:

I dont know. This has been an odd year for me. I have been getting down to the likes of Gaga, Black Eyed Peas, Pitbull, Sean Paul, and yes I hate to admit it, Cascadas new one this year! Dunnnn dunn dunnnnnn! So this song isnt that far from fitting in right along with those other ones, so yeah if it wasnt Madonna I think I would still love it. Hell. I said I have loved the demo version since I first heard it.

im dying to hear this still. im at work for another 3 hrs.

I LOVED THE DEMO and i thought the vocals where perfect....so im sure this will not dissappoint.

are MADONNAS VOCALS still low volume just like in the 30 second snippet? or have they been raised ????

You've got that wrong for a start. I loved Hard Candy and still rave about GI2M, both song and video and think it's her best album from the last ten years.

As for the 2 songs on Celebration, I think when the album has been and gone, people will look back and say they weren't her greatest songs by a long stretch. I'm used to people on here thinking they have to like everything when it's first released to be a 'true fan'. I'm old enough to know it's fine for me to not like something of hers but I can still remain a true blue fan. 25 years and counting.

Unfortunately, like so many forums, many people don't like to hear opinions that are different to their own. So much for freedom of speech and tolerance of others.

Funny thing, I agree with that (in bold), but I have no issue with your differing opinion. My issue is everything I read from you, regarding her seems ALWAYS negative. Some of it's not even opinion. It's just bagging on her. If you have an opinion why you don't like it, share it, but it just seems everything I read from you regarding Madonna is negative. If I am wrong about you losing your appreciation for her, good to hear.

I am not saying these two new songs are greatest things she's done and I suspect most people will agree with that. But I do feel some just are so critical about anything she does, they seem to lack the appreciation of just enjoying that she's still here, making music, etc. Surely, not every song will be a winner even with Madonna fans.

On that note, I do like "Revolver" much better than "Celebration". Why? Because it's not exactly what you expect from a Madonna song? She's willing to branch out and accept someone elses work and put her stamp on it. All in all, I just try to enjoy it because one day, it could be all over. No one wants that, but it will come. And the fact, she's been at this nearly 30 years, I say that she really hasn't much to prove anymore, nor do I expect everything she does will be accepted by everyone or be a hit.