Video Music Awards '09 - new thread

Apples388

:manson: Um, wow Janet. There are no words. Releasing a new song on the day you pay tribute to your brother. Nice.

Loved Madge's speech, loved Beyonce's sublte FUCK-YOU to Kanye, and even was amused by Gaga.

Taylor and Beyonce would not be part of some trash plan like that.

No one's above it - they trot out the oldies every now and again to close the show and they sing their latest single that no one's heard of before. Madonna will ride again.

Guest SuperBriGuy

The ass sounds like he is making fun of her. That line about her lyrics sounds like a back handed sarcastic compliment.

He's so utterly out of touch with everything...what else does he expect a girl her age to sing about? Being a gold digger?

madonna-9139-3.jpg

madonna-9139-2.jpg

She looks FANTASTIC! & I LOVE THE HAIR !

THAT WAS THE BEST SHOW IVE SEEN IN A LOOOOOOOOOOONG TIME.

JANET was great.

BEYONCEs act act was tight.

PINK was alrite.

KANYE is a fuck.

LADY GAG GAG was pure entertianment. Honestly, she really pulled of her craziness well tonite.

the blood bit was genius. good4her. i was laffing thru the whole thing.

Guest Coked Up Baby Boy

P. Diddy arrived with 2 women :lol: wow.

Taylor Swift looked pretty on the red carpet. Nice dress.

GaGa interviewing with Kermit was fucking funny, she was trying not to laugh :lol: and at one point she tries to kiss him but he ignores her for a while :lol: so cute.

:manson: Um, wow Janet. There are no words. Releasing a new song on the day you pay tribute to your brother. Nice.

It sounds like the song IS a tribute to her brother. Plus, it's just a free song that she is giving away as a "gift" to her fans on her website. It's not from any album or anything.... it's just a free song for her website. She's done that before.

I have no one to blame but you guys for the fact that I didn't finish my hw yet and that I have get up in 3 hours for work and I'm still here...

VMAs were great!!! Madonna awesome and beautiful, Kanye plus Taylor plus Beyonce was entertaining..Beyonce and Pink had some cool performaces and Gaga's was fucking hilarious!!! Outfits were great, She went from looking like a turkey, to a used tampoon, to a very red slim jim and ended as a tumbleweed...fabulous!

My complain...the british presenter guy...wtf...who is he and why was he there? AWFUL.

Good job MTV and every one who posted in this thread made my day... :lol::clap:

This song from The Fame movie they've just premiered is some serious gay crap.

Gonna see that movie though :rotfl:

Definitely watching that movie also! Taylor's performace looked very Hairspray singing in the subway and everyone joins in...loved it

Did you guys see Cloud in the 5 gum commercial??? he is so cute...

I liked Madonna's speech very much. Janet was "ok."

Lady GaGa is a fucking character. Part of me is starting to hope she lasts a long time because this bitch is hilarious and weird and I love her antics. I even laughed during Madonna's touching speech when they cut to Beyonce and GaGa is in the background looking like a cross between a mental patient and Fraggle Rock. I enjoyed her performance during the show, however.

Kanye has to go. His "out-spoken" schtick is getting so fucking tired. I don't even like Taylor Swift but I felt horrible for her on stage.

Guest Coked Up Baby Boy

Ooooh, the MJ opener was great. Madonnas speech was awesome. I liked Janet too.

Katy Perry is so lifeless on stage, her 'We Will Rock You' was so energy free.

VMAs were great!!! Madonna awesome and beautiful, Kanye plus Taylor plus Beyonce was entertaining..Beyonce and Pink had some cool performaces and Gaga's was fucking hilarious!!! Outfits were great, She went from looking like a turkey, to a used tampoon, to a very red slim jim and ended as a tumbleweed...fabulous!

:lmao:

What did Gaga do that was classy? :lol:

again she went from looking like a turkey, to a used tampoon, to a very red slim jim and ended as a tumbleweed...fabulous!

I wanted Janet's performance to be longer. But it was cool. I really liked Madonna's speech and I hope others do too. I've read some comments from "haters" saying she just wanted some of MJ's renewed interest to rub off on her but we'll see how the general public feels.