Does Madonna Need A New Manager?

markm

He co-wrote and co-produced "4 Minutes," "Miles Away," "Devil Wouldn't Recognize You," and "Voices." All of which rank among my favorites from this past album. I actually think Danja's sound is very evident at the end of "Miles Away," in "4 Minutes" and in "Voices." But that's just me.

Didn't he also work on "Dance 2Night"?

if she takes your advice she's dead, i mean you really thing she should do what britney do, come on get seriously, nobody here talks about her next step, she need to change her music in a big way, but sertenly no what Gaga is doing (for Me Lady Gaga is the worst singer of the decade, sorry) she need a real star statu not a starlette,

Guy is here best manger so far

subject of videos there are not dead, it's the suport that change as for the singles, we don't need special effect video anymore it has to graphic more than technic

but what i love about madonna is that she does here best video for here show amazing in full screen that what i like sorry guys

if she takes your advice she's dead, i mean you really thing she should do what britney do, come on get seriously, nobody here talks about her next step, she need to change her music in a big way.

Agree!

I'm scared that people want her to work with Danja and turn into Britney or whatever!?

Madonna need to change direction finally! Drop the fluffy "let's party and have fun" theme... get creative again..

I'm actually sick of "fun Madonna" by now... don't get me wrong.. I like "fun" music aswell but I want something unique and mature again finally...

American Life was her last "original" sounding album...

Guest Danny86

Bullshit.

Both webmasters were tired of the bitchy fans, that's why they closed everything.

Edward, madonnarama's webmaster, said that very clearly.

Didn't that involve Kylie as well somehow? :chuckle:

Guest bluejean

Some people here are completely OBSESSED with her chart stats, as if her life, legacy, and career depended on it. Madonna will NEVER again get the radio play she did at her peak, and will NEVER again be relevant to the vast majority of youth anywhere....regardless of how much promo she does or doesn't do. Whether people accept it or not her age is the major factor working against her, and it will be that way for the rest of her life.

Well said.

No matter how many duets she does or hot producers she works with it doesn't matter because her image is not marketable to a young audience. If you ask any person under 30 what they think of her the majority will say that she's old and many will say much worse things than that.

This doesn't mean her career is over. Madonna can and will go on releasing albums and touring for many more years and making ALOT of money without being in the US top 10.

And yes, I am sure Guy has much to do with her creative decisions and musical direction.

Bullshit.

Both webmasters were tired of the bitchy fans, that's why they closed everything.

Edward, madonnarama's webmaster, said that very clearly.

Sorry but you have no idea of what you are talking about. No one ever shed some light on why those websites shut down all of a sudden - and trust me on this, it was just as fishy as the AL video withdrawl.

Guest bluejean

Madonna need to change direction finally! Drop the fluffy "let's party and have fun" theme... get creative again..

I'm actually sick of "fun Madonna" by now... don't get me wrong.. I like "fun" music aswell but I want something unique and mature again finally...

Yes. Not the Bedtime Stories/Something To Remember sort of mature though.

I think Madonna HAS still had unique and mature music on these past few albums. Isaac, Voices etc. But I think visually she has marketed herself as very trashy and lightweight. That is a Madonna we love, but there's the more soulful and introspective side and I think her career is in need of that side to come back into focus.

Guest bluejean

Sorry but you have no idea of what you are talking about. No one ever shed some light on why those websites shut down all of a sudden - and trust me on this, it was just as fishy as the AL video withdrawl.

So they shut them down out of respect for the troops as well? :lol:

Yes. Not the Bedtime Stories/Something To Remember sort of mature though.

I think Madonna HAS still had unique and mature music on these past few albums. Isaac, Voices etc. But I think visually she has marketed herself as very trashy and lightweight. That is a Madonna we love, but there's the more soulful and introspective side and I think her career is in need of that side to come back into focus.

Agree about Isaac, Voices etc. Amazing songs and the best of their particular albums.

BUT the overall theme of the past two albums has been ligthweight, a little bit dated and "fun". Personally I would have given more room to style of Isaac, Voices, DWRY (dark and not so fun) rather than the rest,,, but that's just me.

She certainly doesn't need to hook up with those "hot" producers like timbaland or work with JT again, it works commercially, sales wise, but in the long road it doesn't.. All she needs to do is make great albums and videos with a good storyline/concept. So in other words: she just needs to do what she's good at, be herself, not think she has to work with some hot guys in the business to get more airplay or more popularity.. it's silly.

We know how brillian she is when we hear songs like Devil wouldnt recognize you, voices, isaac, easy ride, etc. if she makes singles out of brilliant songs like that she'll get airplay no matter what, cuz people know its fucking good music. If im not mistaken thats what happened with ROL. before that, she wasnt that hot anymore in the business but with ROL she showed the world that she could make some brilliant fucking songs, i got the idea people really, really loved and respected her at that time. She can do it again if she wants to.

Yeah right :lol:

Edward left a message on the spash page of the website too (just like did the dude of ashram), but I guess you don't remember :lol:

She certainly doesn't need to hook up with those "hot" producers like timbaland or work with JT again, it works commercially, sales wise, but in the long road it doesn't.. All she needs to do is make great albums and videos with a good storyline/concept. So in other words: she just needs to do what she's good at, be herself, not think she has to work with some hot guys in the business to get more airplay or more popularity.. it's silly.

We know how brillian she is when we hear songs like Devil wouldnt recognize you, voices, isaac, easy ride, etc. if she makes singles out of brilliant songs like that she'll get airplay no matter what, cuz people know its fucking good music. If im not mistaken thats what happened with ROL. before that, she wasnt that hot anymore in the business but with ROL she showed the world that she could make some brilliant fucking songs, i got the idea people really, really loved and respected her at that time. She can do it again if she wants to.

Best post in this thread!

:clap:

I agree 100%!

We know how brillian she is when we hear songs like Devil wouldnt recognize you, voices, isaac, easy ride, etc. if she makes singles out of brilliant songs like that she'll get airplay no matter what, cuz people know its fucking good music. If im not mistaken thats what happened with ROL. before that, she wasnt that hot anymore in the business but with ROL she showed the world that she could make some brilliant fucking songs

In a sense I agree with you. No matter how amazing her future albums are though I dont think it will translate to huge radio play though (at least in the US). ROL came out before the new generation of female pop mega stars like Britney hit the scene, so at that time even though she was inching closer to middle age, Madonna still pretty much owned the solo female mega pop star spotlight and radio was willing to still spin her.

But what an amazing album can do is through word of mouth translate into a huge hit which I have no doubt of her doing in the future.

Yeah right :lol:

Edward left a message on the spash page of the website too (just like did the dude of ashram), but I guess you don't remember :lol:

Oh and of course what you read (I was still a fetus back then) is the naked truth, right?

Again, you have no idea of what you are talking about. Rama was made four hands with Caresse until they pushed it way beyond the limit and by a pure chance that was exactly the same time when a fansite webmaster took charge of the official fan club... I thought you were able to read between the lines but you you're clearly way too focused on how ever all right you are to give it a chance. You're really the next best thing to Anna.

Oh and of course what you read (I was still a fetus back then) is the naked truth, right?

Again, you have no idea of what you are talking about. Rama was made four hands with Caresse until they pushed it way beyond the limit and by a pure chance that was exactly the same time when a fansite webmaster took charge of the official fan club... I thought you were able to read between the lines but you you're clearly way too focused on how ever all right you are to give it a chance. You're really the next best thing to Anna.

:lmao::lmao::lmao:

In a sense I agree with you. No matter how amazing her future albums are though I dont think it will translate to huge radio play though (at least in the US). ROL came out before the new generation of female pop mega stars like Britney hit the scene, so at that time even though she was inching closer to middle age, Madonna still pretty much owned the solo female mega pop star spotlight and radio was willing to still spin her.

But what an amazing album can do is through word of mouth translate into a huge hit which I have no doubt of her doing in the future.

ummm you're right about that - it was at the time when spice girls and boys bands started out but we didnt know female pop princesses like britney, christina, etc. the only female singers out there were celine, whitney, mariah and the like.. and their music has a different style than madonnas..

however, i'm certain that no matter how hip the people are shes working with, it wont translate in the album simply because people can tell that it's not the real "madonna" theyre hearing. thats why i think that all she really needs to do is work with people who get the best out of her, like willian orbit, patrick leonard.. to give a few names. US radio will play her songs if they're very good - its impossible to ignore a brilliant work of art. especially with the internet, if she makes a truly brilliant piece of art, people will request to hear it, demand to hear it. i strongly believe that... may be a little naive but just imagine if she'd make the record "like a prayer" today and US radio won't play it - i simply cant imagine they'd ignore it, ignore the brilliance of it. no radio station can and will do that. because honestly i dont think there are many people who actually "hate" madonna, or are tired of hearing about her, they're just tired of hearing that she is not putting any singles out that are as good as what she made before.

i'd love another deep album of her, i'm tired of those "its time to party" tracks she's been making..

Sadly, I think the radio WILL ignore her from now on no matter what. Songs like Sorry and Jump were undeniable but they didnt get played because they didnt fit the format or whatever idiocy. But it doesn't matter. It is 2009 and good music and good word of mouth will get out there if the project is worthy.

Guest chatty kathy

Well do explain then dear!

Guest Danny86
because honestly i dont think there are many people who actually "hate" madonna, or are tired of hearing about her, they're just tired of hearing that she is not putting any singles out that are as good as what she made before.

That doesn't work like that, radio won't play her because the mp3 has 'Madonna' written on it, not because they asked people who said the song in particular sucks.

She will never please everyone and she always gathered and lost fans. Plenty of people cringe at the likes of LAV or MG but they love 90s Madonna. Other people hate her 90s ballads and are into her most recent dance stuff. There's no universal rule for a "good" song. We get it, you don't like Madonna's current state, but do you really believe she's going to listen to online fans and change her mind? Or that it's her manager who told her to only love dance music these days? And a new manager would make her to stop that?

I think there's a pattern: when Madonna does something fans like, it's "it was her idea and she uses unknown talent well" but when they don't like it, it's "she has no inspiration and people (the "yes men", which is used so often these days) tell her what to do". Madonna does whatever she wants and there will always be a group of fans who are fed up. Fans might force out a single release or a tour DVD at one point and get involved in her career like the GH tracklist, but an artist in Madonna's caliber never should take career advice from a small group of fans.

I think it was discussed to death that the impact of those tweets were minimal and most likely were relegated to "Dress You Up" & "Who's That Girl". Not to mention you're still overrating the meaning of the whole Celebration project...

It was a perfect way to start the buzz for a project and to show the difference from GHV2 right away.

Oh these days Madonna.com broke a lot of news and Guy shared a lot of exclusive tour videos there. Compare that to the Caresse-era where Madonnarama forced out Madonna.com to reveal the AL tracklist days after everyone found about it.

Bytch please. Sure it may be all about leaving Warners and just a Greatest Hits, but I'm far from the only fan that was looking forward to this release. Just ask Mattress. :flirt2:

If we got Dress You Up and Who's That Girl from his Twatter then that's all good. It's likely the latter came from fans as she's shown zero interest in it.