Does Madonna Need A New Manager?

markm

I think Patty Duke should be her manager! :electropop:

Well Patty IS releasing her upcoming iconic DVD with everything from the first season and a very special feature

just for the fans.

Guest jamesshot

Oh snap. Remember Guy O reads this forum and he is NOT going to be happy when he reads this thread. Someone is getting banned. :)

Seriously, this decade has been very kind to Madonna. She has been successful beyond my wildest dreams. We are all so fucking spoiled it is unbelievable. Really. When people bitch about SST I KNOW people are out thay minds.

The only thing that is a legit thing to bitch about is that HC cover. FACT. I mean, seriously, WTF was THAT all about?

Guest SuperBriGuy

Well Patty IS releasing her upcoming iconic DVD with everything from the first season and a very special feature

just for the fans.

Maybe Patty can teach Madonna how to do that fake Scottish accent you go on about.

Oh snap. Remember Guy O reads this forum and he is NOT going to be happy when he reads this thread. Someone is getting banned. :)

Seriously, this decade has been very kind to Madonna. She has been successful beyond my wildest dreams. We are all so fucking spoiled it is unbelievable. Really. When people bitch about SST I KNOW people are out thay minds.

The only thing that is a legit thing to bitch about is that HC cover. FACT. I mean, seriously, WTF was THAT all about?

FOR REAL. I wish people would realize how lucky we are that she is as successful as she is, being a 51 year old woman.

Madonnas doing just fine, its Janet that needs a new manager.

What Madonna needs is some inspiration ( you can dance for....)

She's in a happy place. and happy equates to boring.

she needs to get angry, real angry, let those creative juices over flow. arrrrrrggghhhhhhh ranting.gif

FOR REAL. I wish people would realize how lucky we are that she is as successful as she is, being a 51 year old woman.

this is very very true. we do forget, myself included.

Debbie Harry had fallen of the pop map by her mid 30s...and look at Cyndi Lauper, she is able

to buy her own shampoo & toilet paper at Walmart and no one bothers (with) her.

MADONNA IS STILL ACTIVE & RELEVANT & PRODUCING & ON TOP.

WE, AS FANS, ARE VERY FORTUNATE.

I don't get why so many people are saying music videos are dead. All the major popstars are making big splashy videos. Justin, Beyonce, Britney, Pink, Lady GaGa, even Ciara who is a C-lister at this point makes impressive videos. Madonna's video output for someone of her stature and reputation of a video pioneer is nothing short of embarrassing.

yeah i don't understand that either , Gaga's Paparazzi was great . besides wasn't "Human Nature" a low budget video ? it was amazing anayway

Guest Coked Up Baby Boy

I don't get why so many people are saying music videos are dead. All the major popstars are making big splashy videos. Justin, Beyonce, Britney, Pink, Lady GaGa, even Ciara who is a C-lister at this point makes impressive videos. Madonna's video output for someone of her stature and reputation of a video pioneer is nothing short of embarrassing.

Music videos aren't dead, the way they are distributed has just changed. People just think because MADONNA makes shit ones now days that the ENTIRE medium has died along with her. It hasn't. There are artist out there still making GREAT videos.

That's what happens when you sniff Madonnas toilet after she does a big morning shit in it everyday though, it fucks up your thought patterns. Oh well.

Guest Not4Pussies

she needs to come out with something musically that will blow us away

lead instead of follow

promote

look at britney, she's the one working with the hot producers

danja!! (blackout is a great album, what hard candy should have been)

and now maybe david guetta

celebration should have been more like david guetta's when love takes over

she use to be the one going forward and working with the unknown producers or

the really good producers of the moment

watch her work with david guetta or calvin harris after everyone already has worked with them like she did with hard candy

it used to be the other way around, remember? ah those were the days

she needs to come out with something musically that will blow us away

lead instead of follow

promote

and now maybe david guetta

celebration should have been more like david guetta's when love takes over

watch her work with david guetta or calvin harris after everyone already has worked with them like she did with hard candy

it used to be the other way around, remember? ah those were the days

Madonna never lead a musical movement.

All the promo in the world will never make her relevant to the kids, who are not interested in her. Deal with it.

She will never blow us all away, because she can't please everyone. No artist can.

See I love Hard Candy, and see no reason why it needed to sound like something as SHITASTIC as Blackout.

David Guetta is SHIT, and I hope she never works with him. So many people here slam Celebration as 90's retro, but When love takes over is supposed to be fresh and modern dance pop?? It sounds like typical eurotrash dance pop, that belongs on an Ibiza party compilation cd. Gimme a break.

I hope Madonna keeps doing exactly what she's doing, because it's the reason why she's where she is today...on top.

Guest Coked Up Baby Boy

Madonna used to lead the pack now she follows a long way behind. She had surrounded herself with too many yes people. Time to take a break and come back with something fresh and new.

Hmmm, i'm not sure if i'd put it like that. I mean, "lead the pack", technically she still IS leading the pack since she's 51 and still selling more albums and making more money out of her tours than any female popstars today. Musically she may not be TRAIL BLAZING across the globe, but she's in her 50's now, she's been doing this for 25 years.....do we HONESTLY expect her to be genre defining even when she's in an electric wheelchair???. That's not to say she CAN'T be at her age, but, it's a little hard to set trends when TREND SETTING tends to be a creation that forms with more of a youth orientated type of audience. She doesn't really have her finger on the "young peoples" pulse anymore, even if she tries [Hard Candy]. They aren't interested in her.

I do think she needs to drop this "Woo let's party" stuff for the next album though. It's been fun, but i'd like a bit more substance next time around. Substance doesn't need to equal boring or fun free either, so before some poof starts yelling "YOU AXPACT LAK A PRAYA PART 2", no i don't. I just think she can be more interesting than Hard Candy or Celebration.

Hard Candy outsold Blackout worldwide by like 1.5 million copies. And Madonna did work with Danja on that album so I have no idea where you are coming from. And before you say she should've worked with Danja before Britney, she was in the studio doing Hard Candy with Danja/Timbaland in the spring and summer of 2007 - before Blackout even arrived.

Before that she did Confessions with Stuart Price who was *relatively* unknown at the time. She also worked with Frank E who is a new unknown producer for "Revolver."

So I don't even know where to file your complaint. She's done everything you are asking here except put out an album that sounds like Britney Spears (and THANK GOD she hasn't).

Guest Coked Up Baby Boy

So I don't even know where to file your complaint. She's done everything you are asking here except put out an album that sounds like Britney Spears.

She's even put out a song that sounds like Britney if you ask me :lol: Revolver [if it stays the way it sounds now] has Britney all over it [even though the M shit sniffers don't think so].

Danja didn't work on HC did he?

I don't know why people think Madonna isn't doing well.Last year,she was inducted into the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame,she had one of the biggest hit singles of her career ("4 Minutes"),and she had the most successful tour of her career,grossing over $400 million.With all of that going for her,I see no reason why she should replace Guy Oseary.

And what about Madonna's recent endorsement deals? The last one in particular with the flagship brand of the biggest luxury conglomerate in the world, Louis Vuitton. That deal basically cemented Madonna's reputation as the ultimate celebrity queen of luxury fashion. Let's give credit when it's due. Guy O is doing a fantastic job for M.

No, she doesn't need a new manager. She has had a successful album (+3.5 millions sold), a hit single (4 Minutes) and one of the biggest tours ever.

The only problem I see here is that people is saturated with the "let's go party" concept. She hasn't run out of ideas, it's simply another era, a recurrent theme. She had many other in the past (violence, fame-is-not-important, sex, spirituality, ballads...) and you should remember that many of you were saturated and complained about them. But now, they are long gone. And this one will also end, probably with the next album.

Danja didn't work on HC did he?

He co-wrote and co-produced "4 Minutes," "Miles Away," "Devil Wouldn't Recognize You," and "Voices." All of which rank among my favorites from this past album. I actually think Danja's sound is very evident at the end of "Miles Away," in "4 Minutes" and in "Voices." But that's just me.

Guest Danny86

Madonnarama was shut down because of that together with Ashram

Then how come when HC or Celebration tracklists or the songs themselves (like "Candy Shop") are leaked by fansites, they don't face the same fate? Madonna.com lives with it now?

Danja worked on all Timbaland track on HC except "Dance 2Night".

"Voices" is practically a Danja song judging by the credits (yes, it was him who made that distortion everyone complained about, not Timbaland)...

Isn't he married? :confused:

I thought he had been dating model Michelle Alves for some time. I don't think he's married though.

I wouldn't be surprised if he was bi. A friend of mine that worked for Francis Ford Coppola's production company told me once that Guy Oseary "sure liked grabbing other guys' asses" at some Hollywood party. Not that this means anything.