Does Madonna Need A New Manager?

markm

Guest SuperBriGuy

:lol: I thought this was going to be " Does Madonna Need A New Man..." from the forums main page main!

Yes she does! Bye, bye Jesus.

New manager? She and Guy O. seem to be working very well together.

But w/Angela's absence it might be nice to see a "management team" w/people see already trust. Bring Ingrid in for brain storming. And brother Christopher.

Replace someone else? Liz please.

:lol: Preach, gurl.

Actually Angela was the manager for a while and Guy entered the picture shortly before starting the album promotion. So she was both a manager and a co-manager in different periods of M's career.

And I do think Guy is controlling her to a certain extent, and so does Jamie. Madonna listens a lot to those who she trusts and that becomes a sort of control at times. The difference is that the manager is aware of every single thing while M ignores many.

Dance music is everywhere on US radio!? Where!?

Most so called "dance" or "pop" songs on US radio are compromised with urban sounds

Yeah but I consider that to be dance music today. Okay, dance music with an urban twist if you like. Whatever. Still, hip hop is pretty much dead here. Thank god for that. Im actually starting to be able to tolerate some of the songs on the radio again.

No, she doesn't need a new manager. Guy Oseary has been the best manager ever to her...and one of her best friends. He's a huge fan too and will even go to her fans to hear what they think, etc. Can't get any better than that.

Dance music is everywhere on US radio!? Where!?

Most so called "dance" or "pop" songs on US radio are compromised with urban sounds... and most probably so to get a chance on airplay... it's maybe not as pure HipHop/R&B dominated as it was some years ago... but the fact that acts still need to compromise to that sound to get airplay is sad..

very few "pure" dance or pop songs get airplay in the US...

Lady GaGa = urban pop

Black Eyed Peas = HipHop fused with other genres

etc.

These are the type of songs that get heavy airplay in the states... not "real" dance songs such as "Celebration" or "When Love Takes Over"..

and offcourse there's the tweeny "rock" groups and a little bit of Taylor Swift but when it comes to dance/pop it is still mostly compromised with urban music... not that it's a bad thing... but to say "dance" is everywhere is an overstatement..

For once we agree :thumbsup:

And to the person who said hip hop is dead.... :lmao::crazy:

Have not read all the posts here yet just the first few but if I'm correct, Angela was her personal assistant, not her manager.. Guy Oseary's her manager. And his assistant is a pretty small girl with brown hair who I dont think we've ever seen in any paparazzi pics, i saw her in bulgaria at the concert. she seemed young too like Guy when he started.

M's new personal assistant is once again a young guy.. who we have seen in some paparazzi pics and thought was Jesus' bro.

She's 56, 1990 ain't never coming back..learn it.

Wether we like it or not..the nostalgia factor is now a big element

of her appeal..Deep down inside she knows it & probably resents it..

Hence..ugly Hard Candy covers etc.. . It's her way of rebelling against it :chuckle:

Videos? Videos r over. She knows it & so should u. Move on.

Oh & none of these things have anything 2 do with Guy Oseary, who was totally

cruising me in both Paris & Werchter btw. If anything give praise 2 the man 4 trying

2 establish some sort of 'communication' between the Madonna corporation & its fans...

The home videos, the tweets, the chats with front row fans, fanclub involvement..etc.. .

:rotfl:

Guy O is a fag? Should've known. :doh:

I don't like the way he compiled the tracklisting of Celebration over his twitter. Way too slapdash for such an important project, even if the heart was in the right place.

And just as Madonna led the pack in the video age, she moves with the times in a changed record industry where videos are no longer important and CD sales are in the shitter.

Guest Danny86
I don't like the way he compiled the tracklisting of Celebration over his twitter. Way too slapdash for such an important project, even if the heart was in the right place.

I think it was discussed to death that the impact of those tweets were minimal and most likely were relegated to "Dress You Up" & "Who's That Girl". Not to mention you're still overrating the meaning of the whole Celebration project...

It was a perfect way to start the buzz for a project and to show the difference from GHV2 right away.

Oh these days Madonna.com broke a lot of news and Guy shared a lot of exclusive tour videos there. Compare that to the Caresse-era where Madonnarama forced out Madonna.com to reveal the AL tracklist days after everyone found about it.

Compare that to the Caresse-era where Madonnarama forced out Madonna.com to reveal the AL tracklist days after everyone found about it.

Madonnarama was shut down because of that together with Ashram

Guest boytoyville

I think Guy is the perfect manager. He also is really nice to fans and communicates with them a lot which is something that never really happened in the pass. Madonna is making more money now through her tours than she ever has before. She is doing everything right for the most part. If it ain't broke don't fix it as they say.

Guest hot revolver

she really needs to hire clive davis and bring him aboard her ship. hes helped a lot of divas with image problems and could fix her music to be a hit.

Guest hot revolver

:crazy::lmao:

I dont see wats so funny he did it for kelly clarkson, and most recently whitney. she could really use him and his talent to help her career

I dont see wats so funny he did it for kelly clarkson, and most recently whitney. she could really use him and his talent to help her career

Clive Davis is a svengali. He basically chooses the producers, writers, and which songs will be sung - he's not the type of manager that Madonna could work with. She is more controlling and I doubt she'd even want to work with him.

Madonna does NOT need Clive Davis. He's not that kind of producer.

As for videos yes, they are still important. Youtube is great for new/emerging artists needind exposure, not for industry dinosaurs such as Madonna. If Madonna wanted she could get even more exposure than Youtube has to offer just by the snap of her veiny fingers.

Guy O. is actually doing a pretty decent job. Now, if only he'd keep his promise of the RIT being released.

Madonna does NOT need Clive Davis. He's not that kind of producer.

As for videos yes, they are still important. Youtube is great for new/emerging artists needind exposure, not for industry dinosaurs such as Madonna. If Madonna wanted she could get even more exposure than Youtube has to offer just by the snap of her veiny fingers.

Guy O. is actually doing a pretty decent job. Now, if only he'd keep his promise of the RIT being released.

If he can deliver the RIT dvd, I'll love him forever.

Whoever (Guy? Warners? etc.) compiled that celebration DVD did a crappy job IMO. Too many glaring ommissions and so

far there is no reports of special features included that sucks.

I just watched Whitney's GH DVD and it has basically everything plus excellent special features.

Clive and Whitney did a good job!

Whoever (Guy? Warners? etc.) compiled that celebration DVD did a crappy job IMO. Too many glaring ommissions and so

far there is no reports of special features included that sucks.

I just watched Whitney's GH DVD and it has basically everything plus excellent special features.

Clive and Whitney did a good job!

I think Patty Duke should be her manager! :electropop: