Does Madonna Need A New Manager?

markm

Guest SuperBriGuy

Since Angela Becker left does anyone think Madonna has made some wrong decisions career wise and is in need of a new manager?

Discuss.

If anything, she's probably one of the few who's doing things right. Her huge tour, her decent album sales, ALL of that would be any manager's dream come true. And then add in that she just signed that huge deal with LN...homegirl's doing just fine if you ask me.

Sure she had record breaking tour but the press both sides of the Atlantic hate her. Her album sales are slowing

and she is struggling to get airplay in the US. For an A list superstar her videos are becoming a joke.

The cover of HC was frankly embarrassing. Its like her creative juices have dried up.

Well, even when Angela was manager she was technically a "co-manager" with Guy Oseary.

I can't help but wonder why people don't blame Madonna for her own bad decisions. Caresse, Warner, Guy O., Jamie King - none of these people have ever controlled Madonna. She has always been the one with responsibility for her own career. They may have given bad advice now and then, but she is the one who chose to follow it.

Sure she had record breaking tour but the press both sides of the Atlantic hate her. Her album sales are slowing

and she is struggling to get airplay in the US. For an A list superstar her videos are becoming a joke.

The cover of HC was frankly embarrassing. Its like her creative juices have dried up.

lol it sounds like YOU'd like to be her manager

Can I just add that while she had a record breaking tour she has also managed to have a tour with a huge amount of complaints

about ticket prices, sound problems and fans being ripped off over premium tickets by LN. Fans rarely complained about sound problems on previous

tours. Also her fan club is a MESS.

The press has alway hated her with blips throughtout her career where the fangs retracted. She isnt going to get played on US radio because the audience listening to US radio right now (young girls) doesnt care about Madonna. And dance music is everywhere again so we cant blame it on radio being Hip Hop biased. Hip Hop seems all but dead here now. As for record sales slowing, everyone is experiencing a dip in sales. You have to whore yourself out like crazy just to break a million in the US anymore. With hardly any promo Hard Candy still managed to be in the top 5 selling albums on the planet that year. And as for her creative juices drying up (I wont break into an old dried up coochie joke) in terms of her videos and musical directions that lands on Madonna for the most part. Not her manager.

The press hated Madonna back in the day too.So what?

Erotica/Sex anyone? Bedtime Stories wasn't a smash either.

1. Everyone's album sales are slowing

2. She was struggling to get airplay in the US years ago. No manager is going to change that

3. I still see the '4 Minutes' and 'Give It 2 Me' videos played out all of the time, and people don't stop dancing and point and laugh.

Since Angela Becker left does anyone think Madonna has made some wrong decisions career wise and is in need of a new manager?

Discuss.

agreed. Angie had the eye on the ball.

The press has alway hated her with blips throughtout her career where the fangs retracted. She isnt going to get played on US radio because the audience listening to US radio right now (young girls) doesnt care about Madonna. And dance music is everywhere again so we cant blame it on radio being Hip Hop biased. Hip Hop seems all but dead here now. As for record sales slowing, everyone is experiencing a dip in sales. You have to whore yourself out like crazy just to break a million in the US anymore. With hardly any promo Hard Candy still managed to be in the top 5 selling albums on the planet that year. And as for her creative juices drying up (I wont break into an old dried up coochie joke) in terms of her videos and musical directions that lands on Madonna for the most part. Not her manager.

But surely as a manager when you see the standard of someone who has created some of the most ground breaking videos start to slip you would challenge it

and question it? And why anyone thought the cover of HC was a good idea is beyond me. She looks desperate.

But surely as a manager when you see the standard of someone who has created some of the most ground breaking videos start to slip and you would challenge it

and question it? And why anyone thought the cover of HC was a good idea is beyond me. She looks desperate.

Maybe they have told her and she just didn't care or thought she was doing the right thing.

And I certainly hate the HC cover just as much as anyone else. But Madonna approved it. I don't think anyone laced her tea with opiates and got her sign off on that one (even if it seems that way).

Madonna's problems lately are more lack of inspiration and creativity rather than bad decisions business-wise.

Exactly. I have some issues with Madonna's current direction, but that is not really within Guy's control or his fault. His job is to set up business things, not to tell her what to do artistically as far as her music, her videos or her album covers.

I think Guy does a great job from a business point of view. I think the problem is more some of the musical people she has chosen to work with.

She's 56, 1990 ain't never coming back..learn it.

Wether we like it or not..the nostalgia factor is now a big element

of her appeal..Deep down inside she knows it & probably resents it..

Hence..ugly Hard Candy covers etc.. . It's her way of rebelling against it :chuckle:

Videos? Videos r over. She knows it & so should u. Move on.

Oh & none of these things have anything 2 do with Guy Oseary, who was totally

cruising me in both Paris & Werchter btw. If anything give praise 2 the man 4 trying

2 establish some sort of 'communication' between the Madonna corporation & its fans...

The home videos, the tweets, the chats with front row fans, fanclub involvement..etc.. .

Hence..ugly Hard Candy covers etc.. . It's her way of rebelling against it :chuckle:

cruising me in both Paris & Werchter btw. If anything give praise 2 the man 4 trying

2 establish some sort of 'communication' between the Madonna corporation & its fans...

The home videos, the tweets, the chats with front row fans, fanclub involvement..etc.. .

I love you.Forever.

The press has alway hated her with blips throughtout her career where the fangs retracted. She isnt going to get played on US radio because the audience listening to US radio right now (young girls) doesnt care about Madonna. And dance music is everywhere again so we cant blame it on radio being Hip Hop biased. Hip Hop seems all but dead here now.

Dance music is everywhere on US radio!? Where!?

Most so called "dance" or "pop" songs on US radio are compromised with urban sounds... and most probably so to get a chance on airplay... it's maybe not as pure HipHop/R&B dominated as it was some years ago... but the fact that acts still need to compromise to that sound to get airplay is sad..

very few "pure" dance or pop songs get airplay in the US...

Lady GaGa = urban pop

Black Eyed Peas = HipHop fused with other genres

etc.

These are the type of songs that get heavy airplay in the states... not "real" dance songs such as "Celebration" or "When Love Takes Over"..

and offcourse there's the tweeny "rock" groups and a little bit of Taylor Swift but when it comes to dance/pop it is still mostly compromised with urban music... not that it's a bad thing... but to say "dance" is everywhere is an overstatement..

Videos are over? Gaga seems to be doing ok with them.

Madonna's problems lately are more lack of inspiration and creativity rather than bad decisions business-wise.

Agree!

She's listening too much to her queeny fans :lmao: The fluffy dance themed songs NEED to just stop finally!

But promotion has been pretty bad during this last decade too though in general... so that is a problem aswell...

Videos are over? Gaga seems to be doing ok with them.

when was the last time u heard people talk about so & so's latest video?

& I don't mean some internet fags..Lady Gagy? :lmao: Chile u must b trippin.

As far as cultural impact is concerned the format is spent. Get with it.

when was the last time u heard people talk about so & so's latest video?

& I don't mean some internet fags..Lady Gagy? :lmao: Chile u must b trippin.

As far as cultural impact is concerned the format is spent. Get with it.

Agree!

I can't believe people still go on about videos as something that have relevant impact today...

yes it would be nice if she'd make nicer videos... will it help her career-wise nowdays? Doubt it

stop live in the 80's/90's finally!

She just needs to sit down and right some bloody good songs and resist drowning them in the latest fad producer sound! Not exactly sure what a manager does though. I thought it was just business stuff??!?

Madonna is in control of her artistic direction, not Guy.

This thread wouldn't exist if Celebration was burning up the charts everywhere.

The press has always hated her. The british press in particular loathes her for divorcing Guy and fleeing London for New York.

The Hard Candy cover is what it is...get over it.

As far as her alleged lack of inspiration and creativity goes, that's just a personal opinion. None of us knows Madonna, and what her motivations are.

I don't blame her a bit, for not throwing millions of dollars into videos that will never be seen or played on tv anyway. She throws her full creative force into her tour videos, which prover her artistry is as finely tuned as ever.

Some people here are completely OBSESSED with her chart stats, as if her life, legacy, and career depended on it. Madonna will NEVER again get the radio play she did at her peak, and will NEVER again be relevant to the vast majority of youth anywhere....regardless of how much promo she does or doesn't do. Whether people accept it or not her age is the major factor working against her, and it will be that way for the rest of her life.

Get over it.

Guest SuperBriGuy

Couldn't have said it better myself. And remember, Madonna does what she wants; nobody is twisting her arm to make the choices and decisions she makes.

Guest chatty kathy

:lol: I thought this was going to be " Does Madonna Need A New Man..." from the forums main page main!

Yes she does! Bye, bye Jesus.

New manager? She and Guy O. seem to be working very well together.

But w/Angela's absence it might be nice to see a "management team" w/people see already trust. Bring Ingrid in for brain storming. And brother Christopher.

Replace someone else? Liz please.