GAME OVER!

cosmic_system

Great tour! Had the joy of seeing the opening night in Cardiff August '08, Wembley Sept '08 and the 02 July 4th '09...cheers Madge...now put yer feet up and have a rest luv! xx

Goodbye to a great era! This was a very good tour (not my favorite overall but probably the best in terms of the proportion of old hits vs. new ones). My hat is off to you, M.

Now take a vacation right after you shoot a kick ass video for "Revolver."

Great tour, loved what I saw on Youtube, Sky TV and all the info and downloads I got from the M forums, shame Australia missed out again in both 2008 and 2009 but here's hoping for 2011 or 2013 or 2015 or you know, whenever ;)

NOT A MOMENT TOO SOON. So long S&S and Hard Candy.

S&S had it's moments for me. BGO, Vogue, Spanish Lesson and even Frozen, but that's about it. This is the first time I can say I didn't like Holiday. Very lack luster. The MJ tribute was nice though. As for Hard Candy, good bye and good rid ens. I wish she was touring "Celebration". The line up for the double disc set is my ultimate set list for a Madonna tour. A nice selection from all of her works. This was fun.

final boxoffice numbers:

1993 - The Girlie Show - $70 million

2001 - Drowned World Tour - $76 million

2004 - Re-Invention Tour - $124 million

2006 - Confessions Tour - $194 million

2008/9 - Sticky and Sweet tour - $408 million

After seeing it last year I thought S&S would end up being my least favourite tour (yes, even behind RIT) but then seeing her again this year changed my mind. It was a great show but it's by far not my favorite. Hope she'll go back to performing songs instead of mash ups.

But yeah, all in all it was a great show and a fun time. Can't wait for the next era to start though. Arrivederci HC/S&S !

Guest Danny86

I don't get the hate for mash ups. Sure, I'd like to see a little more variety than strictly mashups but I think she does them very well.

Agreed, I think it's kinda rich to expect about 10 songs completely revamped every other year without being a mash-up. I think the music of S&ST walks over Stuart's watered down album versions of RIT. The only reason why that was pulled off because Madonna did not perform the majority of those songs so minimal tweaking was enough, but she can't use versions like that on every tour. Plus when it was a recent song like "Frozen" or "Don't Tell Me" it was the same as doing ROL on guitar again.

Her best tour ever. I saw it 2 times (2008 in Budva, 2009 in Sofia) both times she gave me the mike in "Into the Groove". She was so amazing. Non stop dancing. She looked so beautiful: especially this year. I ll miss the tour and I m looking forward to the others. But I honestly think this was her best one.

The total gross for Girlie Show was never released; some dates had info, but not all, so anything for that one would be a guesstimate.

Blond Ambition raked in around $16 million for its North American trek (No. 12 in North Ameica for 1990; she did the least # of shows in the top 12)- shows just how much ticket prices (especially hers) have gone up since then.

Inflation always should be kept in mind, but, nonetheless, I gather S&S by far exceeded the # of tickets sold for any tour, as well.

I'll miss this tour :(

I didn't see it live but Next time for sure i'll try.... :)

And, also, this tour made me more involved to Madonna and this fourm too.. I love MNATION!

I don't get the hate for mash ups. Sure, I'd like to see a little more variety than strictly mashups but I think she does them very well.

A "re invention" of her classics are okay, but I and probably others don't want to hear other people's songs thrown into her line up. Especially on songs we haven't heard in over 20 years. La isla hasn't been a mash up but clearly re invented way too many times. Holiday was a mash up of her own song and so was vogue, though Vogue was much more energetic than that watered down version of Holiday. Why bother. Hopefully this music director won't return or the useless DJ. Won't mind Stuart Price or someone unknown. Hey maybe we'll get Oakenfold next time. Madonna will keep posting these numbers for the next few years especially when we all know she'll be winding down to a final farewell :(

Guest boytoyville

final boxoffice numbers:

1993 - The Girlie Show - $70 million

2001 - Drowned World Tour - $76 million

2004 - Re-Invention Tour - $124 million

2006 - Confessions Tour - $194 million

2008/9 - Sticky and Sweet tour - $408 million

Even with infalation the escalating grosses of these tours is beyond incredible. Especially from Confessions to Sticky and Sweet. I mean that is just a insane jump in gross. She really wants to rule the world!

Guest boytoyville

:clap:

Don't mind the album (don't love it either) but the tour was the biggest PILE OF WANK ever - the only notable highlight from the entire run was her bringing her kids on stage at the end of it.

:flop: I feel bad for peopel who didn't enjoy this tour. Missing out on all the Madonna fun and the raw energy of this tour. Which dates did you go to again Queen Bitch?

:flop: I feel bad for peopel who didn't enjoy this tour. Missing out on all the Madonna fun and the raw energy of this tour. Which dates did you go to again Queen Bitch?

Wembley Stadium - GC. Don't get me wrong, it had its moments but they were few and far between and I never thought I'd ever attend a Madonna show and feel so UNDERWHELMED. If she tours next year I won't be going, I'd rather remember the Madonna live experience, when she was at her best.

Guest boytoyville

Wembley Stadium - GC. Don't get me wrong, it had its moments but they were few and far between and I never thought I'd ever attend a Madonna show and feel so UNDERWHELMED. If she tours next year I won't be going, I'd rather remember the Madonna live experience, when she was at her best.

Well, I know there were some who had problems at the Wembley show. There were also people who show attended the 2008 show who weren't pleased with it that after seeing it at an arena or another stadium elsewhere really enjoyed it and now love it. I mean after everything that Madonna has done bringin years of joy into your life(or at least that is how I feel about her), you wouldn't give her another chance of seeing another show of hers after 1 disappointment? I mean that is really harsh. I think if most people thought that way about the acts they liked, no act would have fans anymore because they all have off days or a project that isn't everyones favorite. I guess I just find your perspective hard to imagine but then again it's you and not me. I just thought I would make a couple of points. :)

The problems at Wembley were the 'cheap' seats and the fact that she put on an arena show for a stadium tour.

I'll definitely give her another chance - I just won't go if she tours next year - it's OVERKILL.

She should have known from the Radio 1 live weekend that the Hung Up rock version was a bad idea but she still included it along with the same version of ROL from CT. She needs time to recharge her creativity.

Guest boytoyville

The problems at Wembley were the 'cheap' seats and the fact that she put on an arena show for a stadium tour.

I'll definitely give her another chance - I just won't go if she tours next year - it's OVERKILL.

She should have known from the Radio 1 live weekend that the Hung Up rock version was a bad idea but she still included it along with the same version of ROL from CT. She needs time to recharge her creativity.

How is her show not suited for a Stadium? It's more suited for a stadium than almost every other artist who performs in one. Most bands/solo artist just have a blank stage and like two big screens lol. Dave Matthews, Paul McCartney,Bruce Springsteen etc...all have done Stadiums shows recently and all have a pretty bare atmosphere in the visuals department. Even U2's new show isn't that "grande" so to speak. It's just like one big circle screen and thats it. I guess I can't comprehend what you would expect. Yes Madonna's shows look "bigger in arenas" but that is because they are arenas and it makes it more "overwhelming" in your words. Of course the production is going to "appear" smaller when you are accomadating 30,000-85,000 people but in no way is her production any less of a stadium production than any other act, in fact it is much more. You should just see her in arenas from now on.

This is Paul McCartney from one of his three shows recently at Citifield. Notice the complete lack of lighting and production. Madonna has so much more with her lighting, dancers, mega screens transforming into various shapes etc... The only thing she doesn't really use is fireworks but those are tacky most of the time. The only time I have liked those is with Robbie Williams Closer Enocunters tour.

and

Now that is no Stadium production. Boring.....lol