CELEBRATION - THE VIDEO

le smoking

Guest SuperBriGuy

Cause she put in something astounding for "The Immaculate Collection" in the form of "Justify My Love," that's why.

She's just not interested in videos anymore. It's like they're just excuses to stand in front of a camera and be spastic.

It doesn't help that it seems like that's what everyone is doing in their videos these days...*sigh*

It's so true that Madonna is known to express some sensuality but some thins touch the limits of sexuality and a bad one. Where is Madonna that did artistic videos and distictive projects. Now she only wants to make money? or she wants easy music? it's sth i can't express but it's like... hello Madge you've lost your direction...:(

I think the days of epic videos like Bedtime Story and Express Yourself are over. A new video used to be such an experience as there were limited distribution outlets with no internet. Now, there are music videos everywhere, all the time. It's kind of killed the art form and the financial returns from recorded music is so much less, I think more money will go into live shows now.

Shame, as video made her but I expect a return to form with her first new album for Live Nation. The old girl just needs to take a rest and get her act together.

Hey guys,

I don't post much but its great to read all of your views - I've been reading these since the "Dot" days and really miss Link, he was a riot.

My view is somewhat different, I'm straight, married, 41, and been a Madonna fan since her debut in the 80s. I've noted a lot of disappointment with the song and video for the Celebration single. As a long time fan, I have to say that what I like about both is that Madge is doing what she's always done. She's a powerful woman in control of the scene - and its always a fun sexy scene. I was surprised and impressed at my first viewing of Celebration. When, in any culture, has a woman in her 50s presented a fit, sexy image in which she is clearly dominant to her sexy (and objectified - whose nipple is exposed for public dispaly, is this making fun of JJ's nipplegate?) male lover? Its a bold move just to attempt it, and she pulls it off. As I recall, Cher, Madonna's closest comparison, was reduced to a statue/mannequin in the Believe video (wasn't she in her early 50's then). What a difference!

Madonna is something else. As an older fan, I still appreciate what she's doing, she's always breaking new ground. Number ones, hits etc, don't matter to me, I still enjoy the majority of what's she's been putting out.

Guest dicktracy

Hey guys,

I don't post much but its great to read all of your views - I've been reading these since the "Dot" days and really miss Link, he was a riot.

My view is somewhat different, I'm straight, married, 41, and been a Madonna fan since her debut in the 80s. I've noted a lot of disappointment with the song and video for the Celebration single. As a long time fan, I have to say that what I like about both is that Madge is doing what she's always done. She's a powerful woman in control of the scene - and its always a fun sexy scene. I was surprised and impressed at my first viewing of Celebration. When, in any culture, has a woman in her 50s presented a fit, sexy image in which she is clearly dominant to her sexy (and objectified - whose nipple is exposed for public dispaly, is this making fun of JJ's nipplegate?) male lover? Its a bold move just to attempt it, and she pulls it off. As I recall, Cher, Madonna's closest comparison, was reduced to a statue/mannequin in the Believe video (wasn't she in her early 50's then). What a difference!

Madonna is something else. As an older fan, I still appreciate what she's doing, she's always breaking new ground. Number ones, hits etc, don't matter to me, I still enjoy the majority of what's she's been putting out.

:thumbsup: We're on the same boat!

Hey guys,

WOW.

Hey guys,

:thumbsup: Post more often!

Guest SuperBriGuy

Hey guys,

I like that viewpoint, and you're absolutely right; if you compare both Madonna and Cher's vids Madonna is clearly the focal point of the video, while Cher just is more the spectator of the events that are occurring.

You really should post more often, your viewpoint is intelligent and thought provoking.

Hey guys,

:clap:

Thank you all for your welcoming reception. I'll try to weigh in a little more often, but, I must say that the variety of opinions present here generally already covers all the bases. One of the only things that I see differently, and not really discussed here, is the transition in themes that Madonna addresses in some of her music. Songs like Voices, Devil, & Nothing Fails especially speak to me in ways, now that I'm older, that I wouldn't have liked in my teens or 20s. Madonna still has lighter themed pop songs (ex. 4 minutes, which I didn't care for), but those don't really work. I don't really agree that its agism, but that lite/simple pop songs are more rightly voiced from the jubilance of youth. That sort of carefree naivete is almost insincere coming from a mature person. I think that's why JJ's music (too overtly sexually themed with an innocence/aggression duality) lost its resonnance the past few years, Britney too will surely slump in her mid 30s when she can no longer present herself that mold.

For me, kind of growing up and middle aged with Madonna, I like it that she can create music that reflects experiences in my life - complexities of long term relationships, compromise & dissapointment, discovering happiness in unexpected places. But, in the act of doing so, she loses the younger audience. I guess concert production, not videos, is her new creative outlet to maintain some level of relevance.

Thank you all for your welcoming reception. I'll try to weigh in a little more often, but, I must say that the variety of opinions present here generally already covers all the bases. One of the only things that I see differently, and not really discussed here, is the transition in themes that Madonna addresses in some of her music. Songs like Voices, Devil, & Nothing Fails especially speak to me in ways, now that I'm older, that I wouldn't have liked in my teens or 20s. Madonna still has lighter themed pop songs (ex. 4 minutes, which I didn't care for), but those don't really work. I don't really agree that its agism, but that lite/simple pop songs are more rightly voiced from the jubilance of youth. That sort of carefree naivete is almost insincere coming from a mature person. I think that's why JJ's music (too overtly sexually themed with an innocence/aggression duality) lost its resonnance the past few years, Britney too will surely slump in her mid 30s when she can no longer present herself that mold.

For me, kind of growing up and middle aged with Madonna, I like it that she can create music that reflects experiences in my life - complexities of long term relationships, compromise & dissapointment, discovering happiness in unexpected places. But, in the act of doing so, she loses the younger audience. I guess concert production, not videos, is her new creative outlet to maintain some level of relevance.

Really good point !!! I agree with you :-)

Hey guys,

Welcome!!!!

I loved your posts.

Guest SoUnusual

I'm sure Lola's Lip Sycin' will boost sales :lmao:

<object width="480" height="295"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OMEt_Qpakrc&hl=en&fs=1&color1=0x3a3a3a&color2=0x999999"></param><param'>http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OMEt_Qpakrc&hl=en&fs=1&color1=0x3a3a3a&color2=0x999999"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OMEt_Qpakrc&hl=en&fs=1&color1=0x3a3a3a&color2=0x999999" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="295"></embed></object>