VMA '09 rumours thread

Guest Hot Revolver

Something that contradicts the posted Janet rumors:

http://img43.imageshack.us/img43/7089/vmasetlist.jpg

I can't imagine at all that's real. Why in the world would they close the show with They Don't Care About Us????? Nobody in the US even knows that song! That just does not make sense.

Plus, Janet's dancers have posted on their Twitter accounts that she'd be performing Scream.

I can't believe that setlist is real.

It would be wonderful Madonna to open VMA with Celebration/Don't Stop Until You Get Enough ... Medlay... and then the presenter and then Janet performance only after that.

I think it's almost impossible that to happen but it would be the ultimate promotion she needs to this song to kick off in US.

she's not gonna be there

this just another big rumor

every year there is supposedly a surprise Madonna appearance and she never appears

EXCEPT for 2003...when it was really REAL!!

Plus that lighthouse Mike guy is usually right no?

I can't imagine at all that's real. Why in the world would they close the show with They Don't Care About Us????? Nobody in the US even knows that song! That just does not make sense.

Actually everyone knows it now because of that dress rehearsal footage that was shown millions of times on the news.

It would have been more interesting if Janet did "Scream", even if it was a virtual duet with MJ. Re-recording and re-enacting the 3 usual Thriller hits is nothing exciting and I can see why now people are saying Janet is also trying to milk it the same way as Jermaine. We all know Janet would be on the bottom of MTV's performer list if it wasn't for MJ's death.

It would be wonderful Madonna to open VMA with Celebration/Don't Stop Until You Get Enough ... Medlay... and then the presenter and then Janet performance only after that.

I think it's almost impossible that to happen but it would be the ultimate promotion she needs to this song to kick off in US.

Medley is a big NO THANKS :queenbitch:

Something that contradicts the posted Janet rumors:

http://img43.imageshack.us/img43/7089/vmasetlist.jpg

OK, now i'm positive that setlist isn't real.

Aside from Janet's dancers posting on their Twitter pages that she'd be performing "Scream," Michael Jackson's official wardrobe designer Michael Bush just posted on his Facebook page that he helped with tonight's costumes for the Smooth Criminal performance: http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1239341459&ref=mf

That song isn't anywhere on that rumored setlist. This is what he posted on Facebook:

"just left janet and the MTV tribute to her brother, what a beautiful piece of art, expect tears to flow.......... Janet's my hero"

"i didn't do the dancers costumes, they are a version of what MJJ wore, I helped with the Smooth Criminal number, The shows costume designer Alana Hemmer and her assistance's did a great job,,,,"

He also posted an image of his backstage pass to yesterday's rehearsals:

205s01u.jpg

Guest travelinstillness

EXCEPT for 2003...when it was really REAL!!

Plus that lighthouse Mike guy is usually right no?

no he is not reliable at all. NEVER believe a word he says.

Guest travelinstillness

But he said he saw her at Radio City.

Why would he tell such a lie ?

i do hope you're kidding. anyone can say they saw Madonna and not back it up with photos. did you know she's hiding out on my parent's farm because her next phase will be Amish Chic??????? the thing with lighthouse is he's all about attention & drama and his posts and facts are never correct and never come true. people eat up his shit like he's the fucking Messiah. i have a shred of common sense and don't buy his bullshit.

(paging Carta to go rat me out once again to the borgs over @ Tribe like he always does).

I hope to have confirmation that Madonna is at this ceremony before it actually begins. She would be the only reason i watch this pitiful mess that i put up with every year because of the rumors that she will be attending.

This year i won't fall into the same trap. I have work tomorrow and need my sleep :boring:

i do hope you're kidding. anyone can say they saw Madonna and not back it up with photos. did you know she's hiding out on my parent's farm because her next phase will be Amish Chic??????? the thing with lighthouse is he's all about attention & drama and his posts and facts are never correct and never come true. people eat up his shit like he's the fucking Messiah. i have a shred of common sense and don't buy his bullshit.

Well, excuse me for not knowing the guy. I just read his post on a forum and he seemed quite informed.

I was just wondering why someone would tell something like that if it's false.

Edited by rocksteady

Guest travelinstillness

Well, excuse me for not knowing the guy. I just read his post on a forum and he seemed quite informed.

I was just wondering why someone would tell something like that.

i wasn't trying to be rude towards you.... i'm sorry if you felt that way cuz i certainly didn't mean for it to sound like it was directed at you. eventually everyone realizes that he's full of shit & not to be believed. and now you know too. :thumbsup:

i wasn't trying to be rude towards you.... i'm sorry if you felt that way cuz i certainly didn't mean for it to sound like it was directed at you. eventually everyone realizes that he's full of shit & not to be believed. and now you know too. :thumbsup:

That's ok !

;)

Madonnatribe said she's going to be there.So it's true.

LOL!

Anyway, I think the set list Holiday Guy posted (mentioning contradiction) seems fake too or not complete. First of all, it's usually a three hour show. Now, I know a number awards will be presented, but I'd think the set list would be slightly longer. And why would Britney be performing TWICE? First an old song when she's got several new songs that were nominated that should be performed? And then what the hell is "Heart Love Destroyed"?? She has no such song.

Also (and maybe it's a typo), the The All-American Rejects song is "Gives You Hell" not "Gives Your Hell"

Guest travelinstillness

LOL!

Anyway, I think the set list Holiday Guy posted (mentioning contradiction) seems fake too or not complete. First of all, it's usually a three hour show. Now, I know a number awards will be presented, but I'd think the set list would be slightly longer. And why would Britney be performing TWICE? First an old song when she's got several new songs that were nominated that should be performed? And then what the hell is "Heart Love Destroyed"?? She has no such song.

Also (and maybe it's a typo), the The All-American Rejects song is "Gives You Hell" not "Gives Your Hell"

if you look carefully at the list it's photoshopped too- the logos are obviously cut or cropped from the official VMA website and pasted. probably from you know who since he's known to put together fake documents with horrible & obvious spelling errors.

Seems Stereomover and lighthouse have the same "sources":

Madonna was at Radio City Music Hall yesterday for a "soundcheck", and was wearing a towel around her neck (and seemed pretty sweaty) when walking back to her dressing room.

Who knows...?

Guest travelinstillness

^^^LOL!!!!

what i still find interesting is that none of the janet forums i visit even make mention of a madonna cameo during the MJ tribute.... not even as a rumor.............

Lighthouse's latest post:

Madonna was at the Boom Boom Room at the Standard Hotel.

The list posted here of teh set list is wrong Janet sings Thriller, Bad and Smooth Criminal - ive heard it last night like 6 times..lol

Madonna did not tape anything, she just rehearsed. She'll be there today live.

Not sure what shes doing 100%.

They are trying to keep it a secret.

So someone is lying about "Scream" or no "Scream". :snore:

Lighthouse's latest post:

Madonna was at the Boom Boom Room at the Standard Hotel.

The list posted here of teh set list is wrong Janet sings Thriller, Bad and Smooth Criminal - ive heard it last night like 6 times..lol

Madonna did not tape anything, she just rehearsed. She'll be there today live.

Not sure what shes doing 100%.

They are trying to keep it a secret.

So someone is lying about "Scream" or no "Scream". :snore:

Hotel? She has two homes in NY.

Why?

Guest travelinstillness

If she's not performing then why was she all sweaty? must be the hot flashes

hahahahahahahahahahahahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!