VMA '09 rumours thread

Guest Hot Revolver

Guest SuperBriGuy

Madonna should be there performing Revolver and receiving a special created just for Madonna award. If she will be there just to introduce Janet that is a terrible waste of energy.

I can't wait to see Janet's performance. Has she lost weight though?

Well if the new issues of Harper's Bazaar are to be believed, then yes, she has. And she looks great, too.

ursa, MJ and Madonna were already establiished icons, so that's why they didn't have a program dedicated to them for that (note their images, along with Prine and was it U2?- in the opening credits for that initial program). Do you think that, as good as she is, Janet would be honored before the two of them? Come on now.

M should appear live and then just leave after watching the tribute, as there'd be no reason for her to stay.

We all know that's not the reason why neither M nor MJ were MTV's first 'Icon' or whatever that shit was. Janet had an album out at the time and it was as a promo vehicle, pure and simple. Suffice to say the ill fated 'show' is now all but over with so it says it all. But it had nothing to do with MTV 'honouring' Madonna or Michael by not paradoxically not giving them an Icon show.

Oh and Jim was obviously joking.

I am sure Madonna REJECTED the MTV Icon award because she has always been against such honours (except 1-2 awards she couldnt turn down like Rock and Roll Hall Of Fame). No one with his right mind could compare Janet to Madonna. Madonna is absolutely unique among the women. Janet could only wish. Its obvious Madge, MJ, Prince turn down the Icon thing. everyone who thinks smth different is delusional.

Also I really do not think Madonna should present Janet. Madonna is much bigger ans should be used for the tribute only like say some words for Michael. Thats it. I m sure that would be the case actually.

:rotfl:

Best. avatar. ever. :wow:

It's all about the juxtaposition of the avatar with my signature.

Madonna/whore.

"Like a Virgin" '84 yes yes

But it was remixed for Ms. Rebecca Carlson. If censorship hadn't been an issue I'd have wanted her beautiful boobs in my signature too.

Evita w/a sheer skirt?

To each there own, I'd rather see her in a sexy gown.

But I'm still not expecting her to even show.

Chatty Kathy, I think mabye FreeMySoul meant the off-the-shoulder white top and light blue three-quarter length dress M wore at her evening birthday dinner -- not the black thing with the hat and sunglasses she wore for their beach/boat ride outing in the daytime.

All the pics of the evening outfit were pretty grainy, but she looked stunning. Nice heels, too, if I remember rightly.

It's all about the juxtaposition of the avatar with my signature.

Madonna/whore.

"Like a Virgin" '84 yes yes

But it was remixed for Ms. Rebecca Carlson. If censorship hadn't been an issue I'd have wanted her beautiful boobs in my signature too.

Damn I have sigs switched off. But yes, that's an equally lovely one of Rebecca

God, you're obsessed with "Chiggy Wiggy" :rotfl:

A message from someone who works at MTV. (100% reliable)

Woah. All of a sudden everyone got booted from Radio City. Super secret very important surprise is doing a walkthru.

Then someone else on fanzine said:

a papparazzo took some pictures of her leaving radio city in a dressing gown and a towel around her neck, plus a lot of dancers dressed as mj. he also said she was doing "sound check" for tomorrow. as far as I know, award presenters or speakers don't do soundcheck, just the performers.

She might perform but I'm really trying not to get my hopes up so I won't be dissapointed if she doesn.t... :wow:

http://www.russellbrand.tv/2009/09/vma-rehearsal/

If Madonna would be there I suppose Russel would've pointed out her seat too...*sigh*

maybe he didn't mention her to surprise us!! :dramatic:

lighthouse @ tribe posted:

I'm very anoyed a whole day spent at the VMAs, well outside, reallywanted to get us photos of Madonna but the MTV security created a human wall to block me from getting a shot. UGH and i was THE ONLY photographer there.

Madonna was at Radio City this evening for an hour, i have no shots, but she was there.

Same crazyness when Janet Jackson finished her sound check. I got a little peak of Janet, she was such a bitch. Her car was waiting by the red light, im the only guy outside her window, im beging her to roll the window down for a quick shot, she smiles at me and waves.

ugh

then the MTV guys came and grabbed me lol....

oh man

what a waste of time.

I did get shots of Janet's dancers...how cares right..

The Janet madly has Thriller, Bad and Smooth Criminal.

3913932211_728cbbf1a9_b.jpg

3913922795_ec3b63b893_b.jpg

Yes, she'll not be there but recorded a short clip to introduce Janet. :dramatic:

She better be there! I ain't staying awake all night long just to see a shitty pre-taped video, when I have school in the morning.

Well, yeah, Suedey, I also think the ICON thing was created as great promo for Janet because she had a new album coming out and such. I'm just saying that in normal, every-day proceedings, she would not be the first one to earn the distinction over M and MJ- that all. And I know that ursa probably was joshing, but I wanted to clarify for some who would point something like that out, like it meant Janet had something "over" Mage and her brother. :)

Hopefully the boyculture rumor that she'll just have a pre-taped segment doesn't come to frutition. Just appear and don't stay for the whole show, ya know?

Well, yeah, Suedey, I also think the ICON thing was created as great promo for Janet because she had a new album coming out and such. I'm just saying that in normal, every-day proceedings, she would not be the first one to earn the distinction over M and MJ- that all. And I know that ursa probably was joshing, but I wanted to clarify for some who would point something like that out, like it meant Janet had something "over" Mage and her brother. :)

Hopefully the boyculture rumor that she'll just have a pre-taped segment doesn't come to frutition. Just appear and don't stay for the whole show, ya know?

Wasn't boyculture wrong about some news regarding a previous project?

This wouldn't b the 1st time they (MTV) r hyping a fictitious Madonna sighting on the VMA's..

But how terribly exiting that we know nothing :fag: