*OFFICIAL* "Celebration" CD and DVD Tracklisings

HolidayGuy

Guest ursaminorjim

People keep on pointing out that the omitted songs/videos can be found other CD/DVD compilations, but couldn't that also be said about most of what did make the cut? The music videos for "Lucky Star" and "Ray of Light" are on other collections too. What makes them so much more special that they get to be again included on this latest compilation, while a handful of others got the shaft? Look, no one likes seeing their favorite Madonna songs snubbed. And that's sort of what it feels like. Tickled to death that I'll get to see "Borderline" for the billionth time, but pardon me for being slightly insulted that a few other songs/videos that hold extra special significance to me (like TUTBMP) get treated as though they weren't 'special' enough to be included on what's being treated as Madonna's definitive hits collection.

I see what you're saying, Etips, and I feel your pain, but...well consider the examples you listed. I'd be pissed if none of those three were included. Those are total stome classics. But to choose, say, "Beautiful stranger" or "Love profusion" over "Playground"...that's a little arbitrary.

I think it's a little silly that they took it as far as they did and didn't just include everything else. But still - nothing to sneeze at.

:lol: Really, what's that dude's deal? Is it Patty Duke herself trying to hock her shit release?

Both Celebration and Patty Duke Show are released on the same day. It's definately an event.

One is a GH CD/DVD from a female pop star and the other is the cult classic everyone has

been wanting on DVD forever. Like an Amazon reviewer said "It's the holy grail of 1960's TV"

What's the point of a forum if we don't have differences of opinion??!

The haters make some of the funniest comments and remarks. So long as they are not personal we should just sit back enjoy the ride - it's Madonna folks, not the United nations.

I think we're all just bored of the wait now. It's been dragging on for so long we just want the bloody product.

:thumbsup:

People keep on pointing out that the omitted songs/videos can be found other CD/DVD compilations, but couldn't that also be said about most of what did make the cut? The music videos for "Lucky Star" and "Ray of Light" are on other collections too. What makes them so much more special that they get to be again included on this latest compilation, while a handful of others got the shaft? Look, no one likes seeing their favorite Madonna songs snubbed. And that's sort of what it feels like. Tickled to death that I'll get to see "Borderline" for the billionth time, but pardon me for being slightly insulted that a few other songs/videos that hold extra special significance to me (like TUTBMP) get treated as though they weren't 'special' enough to be included on what's being treated as Madonna's definitive hits collection.

I, too, love TUTBMP... So I feel your pain. I'm happy that it's on the special edition DVD of "A League of Their Own," though. It is odd that she wouldn't include it -- since they're emphasizing videos that have never been on a collection before, and this is one of them. Maybe there was a legal tussle of sorts? I don't know about what companies own what other companies and such. But it would have been a beautiful video to include.

But in the end -- while this *IS* being billed as 'ultimate' and 'definitive' -- we all know it really isn't. Oh Father and Bad Girl being left off was purposeful. They're great Fincher videos that will one day have to be included in a COMPLETE set. Until then, we'll have to muddle through with multiple releases. And the good news is, mostly all the stuff is there -- just spread around on different discs.

(I know someone suggested downloading from iTunes and making your own DVD -- which is partly a good suggestion. I bought a lot of the unreleased videos on iTunes. But I don't think you can burn them to DVD. I think you can burn audio files, but not video files.)

Now we just have to have the patience to wait a month! Heaven help us! :angel:

Don't you mean you thank the haters for the lack of "American life" being on either format? :1251:

No I should’ve said damn the haters for the lack of American Life on either format (CD or DVD).

Guest maddyfan171

I was thinking about pre-ordering the DVD on Amazon because it's only $20... Does that mean I will receive it on the 29th or it will get shipped that day?

Usually amazon ships the items out a couple days before street date. This way it arrives on or before the 29th.

Guest maddyfan171

I was thinking about pre-ordering the DVD on Amazon because it's only $20... Does that mean I will receive it on the 29th or it will get shipped that day?

Usually amazon ships the items out a couple days before street date. This way it arrives on or before the 29th.

Guest ursaminorjim

No I should’ve said damn the haters for the lack of American Life on either format (CD or DVD).

But why? If you want a self-indulgent, overexpensive, needlessly violent video fraught with mixed messages and confusingly provocative imagery, there's always "Die another day."

Or "Love profusion!" :D

Madonna fans are the biggest cry babies in the history of music fandom!

i mean, seriously? it's 47 MADONNA VIDEOS... Plus JML extra. 2 dics and THREE HOURS of Madonna material!!!!!

Every single video that isn't on the DVD can be found elsewhere on DVD, except for Everybody (get it on Itunes - the quality is great!!) and AL (which she TOLD US she was never going to release). Bad Girl, Oh Father, all the others are on Itunes too. You all own 93:99 and IC DVDs...and if you don't, well that's too bad. get them on amazon, or ebay.

Excuse her for excluding videos we've seen a million times and are on other collections to make room for videos that have NEVER BEEN RELEASED. How often are you going to watch them that you need them on your comprehensive 2-disc DVD set? I mean sooner or later you're going to be changing that disc anyway...why not just put a video on Itunes or play one of her old DVDs? And I know the uncut AL vid is out there somewhere to download...

So far, the CDs and DVD sound like a gift from god for Madonna fans. I can't wait!!!

BOO HOO!!!!!!!!!!!!

This is all true.

We heard you the first time. SMILE.gif

Hi Cody!

Sorry but I'm just so damn excited for these DVD releases of Madonna & Patty. It's like an early

Christmas! WB COULD have added 3 more videos though. I liked the 50 videos idea...25 on each

disc. Patty's Season One DVD is perfect.

Madonna fans are the biggest cry babies in the history of music fandom!

i mean, seriously? it's 47 MADONNA VIDEOS... Plus JML extra. 2 dics and THREE HOURS of Madonna material!!!!!

Every single video that isn't on the DVD can be found elsewhere on DVD, except for Everybody (get it on Itunes - the quality is great!!) and AL (which she TOLD US she was never going to release). Bad Girl, Oh Father, all the others are on Itunes too. You all own 93:99 and IC DVDs...and if you don't, well that's too bad. get them on amazon, or ebay.

Excuse her for excluding videos we've seen a million times and are on other collections to make room for videos that have NEVER BEEN RELEASED. How often are you going to watch them that you need them on your comprehensive 2-disc DVD set? I mean sooner or later you're going to be changing that disc anyway...why not just put a video on Itunes or play one of her old DVDs? And I know the uncut AL vid is out there somewhere to download...

So far, the CDs and DVD sound like a gift from god for Madonna fans. I can't wait!!!

BOO HOO!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thank you for saying this!! I can't believe all the whining,bitching and nit-picking going on.For the most part,the videos that aren't included on this set can easily be found on the previous 2 compilations,or on iTunes,Youtube or eleswhere.I'm thrilled with this DVD set because it gives us 27 videos that have never appeared on a video compilation before.If I wanna see "Bad Girl","Oh Father" or any other great video that's not included here,I can simply pull out the previous compilations.And like you said,the AL video isn't hard to find,either.

As others pointed out, NRM was performed once (for the Grammys in 1999) and there were strong indications she wanted to perform it for the Re-Invention Tour in the opening section. (I think it later got replaced by Frozen?)

I seem to recall it was going to follow Frozen but she thought the section would be too long or too self-centred.

IR is probably included because her dad loved the way she looked in the video -- and it was the first time he called her up to tell her he liked some of her work. (Aw! Isn't that sweet?! ) Or maybe just because she/they were feeling generous.

Oh I love the song and the video ain't that bad but to include it over a beautiful video, that a lot of work obviously went into on her part, and for a song from one of her hit movies is perplexing.

"Beautiful stranger" or "Love profusion" over "Playground"...that's a little arbitrary.

Beautiful Stranger was massive in the UK and Europe but I agree about LP - I'm also perplexed as to why she's included rush jobs such as You'll See over stunning videos for hidden gems such as Bad Girl and Oh Father.

Beautiful Stranger was massive in the UK and Europe but I agree about LP - I'm also perplexed as to why she's included rush jobs such as You'll See over stunning videos for hidden gems such as Bad Girl and Oh Father.

You'll See is a lovely video never before released on dvd.I'm happy the others two are out and this one is included.i have the immaculate and video collection dvds.

Guest Danny86
But in the end -- while this *IS* being billed as 'ultimate' and 'definitive' -- we all know it really isn't. Oh Father and Bad Girl being left off was purposeful. They're great Fincher videos that will one day have to be included in a COMPLETE set. Until then, we'll have to muddle through with multiple releases. And the good news is, mostly all the stuff is there -- just spread around on different discs.

I believe the DVD was billed as having her best videos, they definitely did not promise to include everything. I am also surprised she ignored 2 Fincher videos (OF was even Grammy nominated) but included videos like "I'll Remember" or "You'll See" that add nothing to her videography and could have been left in the vaults. But oh well, we won't know the reason, but I can't really believe they expect Video Collection 93:99 to sell, casual fans won't be looking for those videos and pick a DVD that only contains 14. Oh and TIC DVD is out of print so "Oh Father" video won't be available on a physical format and is joining "Rescue Me" to fall into the vaults.

This dvd is for the fans.And as a fan I have already Oh Father and Bad Girl and NRM and Playground and You Must Love me.

Thanks to this new set we have all her original commercial videos on dvd minus American Life and Everybody.

You'll See is a lovely video never before released on dvd.I'm happy the others two are out and this one is included.i have the immaculate and video collection dvds.

I do too but if I'm going to watch a collection of Madonna's definitive videos then I don't want the dross included at the expense of the good ones.

Guest bluejean

Exactly. Both CD & DVD are the closest to perfect Warner have gotten with a Madonna compilation. I was shocked by the inclusion of some videos that we've never had.

You can't blame them for not including Everybody, it was very low budget and forgettable.

You Must Love Me is forgettable also. And Evita is a must own for fans.

(I know someone suggested downloading from iTunes and making your own DVD -- which is partly a good suggestion. I bought a lot of the unreleased videos on iTunes. But I don't think you can burn them to DVD. I think you can burn audio files, but not video files.)

that was me - i included a link on how-to burn itunes video files onto DVD. it takes a little wrangling but it is possible. :)

Exactly. Both CD & DVD are the closest to perfect Warner have gotten with a Madonna compilation. I was shocked by the inclusion of some videos that we've never had.

indeed. :thumbsup:

For those of you who are saying IC is out of print, check amazon. you can buy it brand new or used for around $11 from individual sellers.

Regarding TUTBMP - Doesn't Columbia have the rights to this video anyway? It's not even available on Itunes. Maybe adding it to this comp wasn't even an option - or maybe they couldn't clear the clips. who knows. who really cares? :lmao:

I think You'll See is a stunning video - I prefer it to Take A Bow - I don't think it is a rush job at all. It stands along side her video work and is far stronger than other videos on the compilation.

I can't wait to see JML. Someone mentioned DYU having different camera angles? Is that true to did they confuse it with JML?

Guest groovyguy

Thank you for saying this!! I can't believe all the whining,bitching and nit-picking going on.For the most part,the videos that aren't included on this set can easily be found on the previous 2 compilations,or on iTunes,Youtube or eleswhere.I'm thrilled with this DVD set because it gives us 27 videos that have never appeared on a video compilation before.If I wanna see "Bad Girl","Oh Father" or any other great video that's not included here,I can simply pull out the previous compilations.And like you said,the AL video isn't hard to find,either.

I think even if all the videos were included, there would still be things to whine and bitch about - no Dress You Up, no Causing a Commotion, no remix videos, no tv performances, blah, blah, blah...

"Life is too short to be bitter!" ~ Madonna, The GS show in Australia