*OFFICIAL* "Celebration" CD and DVD Tracklisings

HolidayGuy

Wait, I'm confused. You like this one better, or the real one?

I think the final has loads of effort put into it. This one just looks like it was done in an afternoon on a PC.

oh totally, the alternate has no feeling, no meaning. its just, bluoae

the original, the one released, beautiful

QB, Madge performed NRM on the Shammys- how could you forget? Oh, wait- probably rather easily. Bad makeup, hair, platforms- not one of the best in the Madonna cannon.

There are some things about the alternate GT clip I like- it has the spinning part in the right area (where she actually did spin when performing it), for instance, whereas the released one has it in the wrong spot. Minor, I know- but I also like the coloring of the alternate take.

:lol:

sorry, im just so over these people here. the complainers now outweigh the lovers.

Darling why do you think I've been so quiet lately? I'm enjoying my MADONNA to myself. Coming to this place these days just ruins the JOY.

Darling why do you think I've been so quiet lately? I'm enjoying my MADONNA to myself. Coming to this place these days just ruins the JOY.

I think I'll do the same. My ignore list is really long now but really..what's the point?

I have to agree. It's like 90% of the posts these days are from people making silly ass'd complaints. Honestly, complaining about a DVD that is pretty much complete is ridiculous when the videos omitted are found on the previous DVD video collections aside to "Everybody", "Dress You Up", "American Life", and "Dear Jessie". I wouldn't mind having the original version on DVD of "American Life", but oh well. I have it among my digital collection anyway as well as the others that were omitted.

I cant' fucking wait for all this is released. And I doubt it will happen, but I am just hoping there is going to be some "extras" which are not mentioned.

Surprised she missed out NRM cos she seems to like that vid but perhaps not the song given that she's never performed it live.

Not on tour but she did open up the 99 Grammy's with a great performance and a so so vocal of NRM. I love NRM, great song.

Guest Coked Up Baby Boy

Not on tour but she did open up the 99 Grammy's with a great performance and a so so vocal of NRM. I love NRM, great song.

Oh i remember that. The next day one of the newspapers here ran a story about that performance, talking about how old her feet looked :lol:

It is? :blink: On this planet?

Well, given that you're a Gaga fan, I guess one can never underestimate the power of a ridiculous outfit.

But what is this alternate version of "Get together" you speak of?

You may hate the video but the last solidified iconic image we have of Madonna is The Leotard. It's all she wore the entire era. It wasn't just the video that made it one of those MADONNA images, it was the fact that she wore a leotard to basically every performance we saw of Hung Up.

The DVD tracklist could've been a disaster, but it's good.

Oh Father, NRM, Bad Girl and AL should be there...Everybody too.

The fact that 'I Want You' is there almost makes up for the omissions, however all will be forgotten if 'Miles Away' is an amazing never-before-seen vid, not that live take.

The DVD tracklisiting is great - I can completely understand AL not being released though given that the war in Aghanistan has taken over from Iraq and is a sensitive issue in both the US and UK with a lot of deaths recently. She pulled it originally and releasing it now wouldn't do her any favours.

As for classics missing, I'm fine with that as they are available on other compilations - I'm just pleased there are so many exclusives - it's a surprise from Warner's!

So, which videos still remain unreleased on an official DVD release? There can't be many now.

Everybody

Dear Jessie

I'll Remember

You Must Love

This Used To Be My Playground

Bye Bye Baby MTV

Guest ursaminorjim

You may hate the video but the last solidified iconic image we have of Madonna is The Leotard. It's all she wore the entire era. It wasn't just the video that made it one of those MADONNA images, it was the fact that she wore a leotard to basically every performance we saw of Hung Up.

And yet I still like the song. Amazing. Never underestimate the power of an ABBA sample either, I guess!

jonski, several of those videos you listed will be on Celebration. :) (IR, LP and Jump, specifically)

Videos that will never have been on a worldwide DVD release of any kind (exclusing montage clips like Angel, TLOL and OMC, and TOD videos):

Everybody

Dress You Up (if Virgin Tour was on DVD, this wouldn't be listed)

Gambler (essentially the same as CFY, with more bopping around)

Dear Jessie

You Must Love Me (only on non-U.S. Evita DVD; not even sure if that was worldwide, though)

American Life

I didn't include "Hanky Panky" (that BAT performance was not used as a video in the USA. "Causing a Commotion" (1987 VMAs live) is on the Ciao Italia DVD (in the same form). "Bye Bye Baby" is a mix performance/montage.

"Causing a Commotion" (1987 VMAs live) is on the Ciao Italia DVD (in the same form).

The one on the dvd is different from the one that aired on the VMA's. The one on the Ciao Italia dvd uses 3 different shows and the one that aired on mtv is from 1 show.

It's pretty obvious when she yells 'And i know Italia has the moves!' on the dvd and 'And i know Torino has the moves' on the mtv one hehe...i know, pointless but i had to comment.

Madonna fans are the biggest cry babies in the history of music fandom!

i mean, seriously? it's 47 MADONNA VIDEOS... Plus JML extra. 2 dics and THREE HOURS of Madonna material!!!!!

Every single video that isn't on the DVD can be found elsewhere on DVD, except for Everybody (get it on Itunes - the quality is great!!) and AL (which she TOLD US she was never going to release). Bad Girl, Oh Father, all the others are on Itunes too. You all own 93:99 and IC DVDs...and if you don't, well that's too bad. get them on amazon, or ebay.

Excuse her for excluding videos we've seen a million times and are on other collections to make room for videos that have NEVER BEEN RELEASED. How often are you going to watch them that you need them on your comprehensive 2-disc DVD set? I mean sooner or later you're going to be changing that disc anyway...why not just put a video on Itunes or play one of her old DVDs? And I know the uncut AL vid is out there somewhere to download...

So far, the CDs and DVD sound like a gift from god for Madonna fans. I can't wait!!!

BOO HOO!!!!!!!!!!!!

I, too, have been on the verge of signing off. There's always room for rational criticism and expression of disappointment.

It's just that I can't take reading about that goddamn Patty Dyke Show DVD anymore...

Madonna fans are the biggest cry babies in the history of music fandom!

i mean, seriously? it's 47 MADONNA VIDEOS... Plus JML extra. 2 dics and THREE HOURS of Madonna material!!!!!

Every single video that isn't on the DVD can be found elsewhere on DVD, except for Everybody (get it on Itunes - the quality is great!!) and AL (which she TOLD US she was never going to release). Bad Girl, Oh Father, all the others are on Itunes too. You all own 93:99 and IC DVDs...and if you don't, well that's too bad. get them on amazon, or ebay.

Excuse her for excluding videos we've seen a million times and are on other collections to make room for videos that have NEVER BEEN RELEASED. How often are you going to watch them that you need them on your comprehensive 2-disc DVD set? I mean sooner or later you're going to be changing that disc anyway...why not just put a video on Itunes or play one of her old DVDs? And I know the uncut AL vid is out there somewhere to download...

So far, the CDs and DVD sound like a gift from god for Madonna fans. I can't wait!!!

BOO HOO!!!!!!!!!!!!

Agreed :thumbsup:

So sick of these Haters.

For any cry babies that want to d/l some of the missing vids on Itunes and make a DVD out of it:

http://www.dvd-tool.com/burn-itunes-video-to-dvd.html

List of the Madonna videos on Itunes:

4 Minutes

The Confessions Tour

Give It To Me

Vogue

Justify My Love

Get Together (1st Version)

Ray of Light

Like A Prayer

Like A Virgin

Express Yourself

Music

Don't Tell Me

Sorry

Open Your Heart

Hung Up

Vogue

Crazy For You

Jump

Borderline

La Isla Bonita

Papa Don't Preach

Power of Goodbye

Rain

You'll See

Erotica

Cherish

Frozen (Stereo MC's Version)

What It Feels Like For A Girl

Take A Bow

Lucky Star

Deeper and Deeper

Bedtime Story

Nothing Really Matters

Burning Up

Love Profusion

Secret

Oh Father

Bad Girl

American Life (Flag Version)

Dear Jessie

Everybody

See? The world is not going to end...and all the other vids are available on other DVDs, like Evita, League of Our Own, etc.

Why Bad Girl or Oh Father. Definitely they are one of the best but we already have them on DVD.

By the way, PAPER Don't Preach ??? :lol:

Haha! Yeah, I was wondering if anyone else saw this... Glad to know I wasn't the only one. Lots of us noticed.

the typeo on the top that says 27 is scaring me.

it better be 47, they could have just gone with 50!

everybody, american life and either bad girl, nothing really matters, this used to be my playground

hope we get bonus tracks

maybe a hidden easter egg with the AL video

i wish!

I was scared by the 27 at first, too, as I originally read it the way you did. But after I re-read it, I realized my mistake. 47 videos in total, 27 of them never before on a DVD collection.

I also hope for easter eggs!

Surprised she missed out NRM cos she seems to like that vid but perhaps not the song given that she's never performed it live.

Astounded she's included American Pie :chuckle:

Apart from the TAB footage, You'll See is mediocre as it I'll Remember - she also looks similar to the Rain video so I'm surprised they went with these over Playground which is beautiful - perhaps they couldn't get clearance on the film clips, and Oh Father which is superb.

That said, I'll forgive all of the above for the inclusion of I Want You :inlove: never in a million years did I think that would be included.

As others pointed out, NRM was performed once (for the Grammys in 1999) and there were strong indications she wanted to perform it for the Re-Invention Tour in the opening section. (I think it later got replaced by Frozen?)

IR is probably included because her dad loved the way she looked in the video -- and it was the first time he called her up to tell her he liked some of her work. (Aw! Isn't that sweet?! :inlove: ) Or maybe just because she/they were feeling generous.

I join the chorus of excitement over "I Want You" being included! Yay!

I blame the haters for lack of American Life being on either format (CD or DVD).

I tend to agree... I mean, everyone's been all like "NO AL on this -- the rap! ugh!" etc. So, most (of the haters) should be content that she kept it off the CD *and* the DVD.

In general, I'm really pleased about the DVD. Far more generous than I was expecting -- I was expecting lots of ommissions and lots of duplication from the first two DVDs.

Guest ursaminorjim

I blame the haters for lack of American Life being on either format (CD or DVD).

Don't you mean you thank the haters for the lack of "American life" being on either format? :1251:

People keep on pointing out that the omitted songs/videos can be found other CD/DVD compilations, but couldn't that also be said about most of what did make the cut? The music videos for "Lucky Star" and "Ray of Light" are on other collections too. What makes them so much more special that they get to be again included on this latest compilation, while a handful of others got the shaft? Look, no one likes seeing their favorite Madonna songs snubbed. And that's sort of what it feels like. Tickled to death that I'll get to see "Borderline" for the billionth time, but pardon me for being slightly insulted that a few other songs/videos that hold extra special significance to me (like TUTBMP) get treated as though they weren't 'special' enough to be included on what's being treated as Madonna's definitive hits collection.

I didn't know the IC DVD was out-of-print. Mine is collecting dust on the shelf. It wouldn't hurt WB and Co. to add 3 more videos on the Celebration DVD. They fucked it up as usual. 50 would've been a nice number.

The Pet Shop Boys still got a more complete video collection for the fans. Celebration has some glaring ommissions.

People keep on pointing out that the omitted songs/videos can be found other CD/DVD compilations, but couldn't that also be said about most of what did make the cut? The music videos for "Lucky Star" and "Ray of Light" are on other collections too. What makes them so much more special that they get to be again included on this latest compilation, while a handful of others got the shaft? Look, no one likes seeing their favorite Madonna songs snubbed. And that's sort of what it feels like. Tickled to death that I'll get to see "Borderline" for the billionth time, but pardon me for being slightly insulted that a few other songs/videos that hold extra special significance to me (like TUTBMP) get treated as though they weren't 'special' enough to be included on what's being treated as Madonna's definitive hits collection.

Agreed. I would definately call the art that is Bad Girl definitive... I'd hate for Madonna to be defined by Jump. Yuck.

What's the point of a forum if we don't have differences of opinion??!

The haters make some of the funniest comments and remarks. So long as they are not personal we should just sit back enjoy the ride - it's Madonna folks, not the United nations.

I think we're all just bored of the wait now. It's been dragging on for so long we just want the bloody product.