*OFFICIAL* "Celebration" CD and DVD Tracklisings

HolidayGuy

Justify My Love - nothing new, nothing unseen... but CENSORED

videotstitle0ch17frame1.jpg

In Germany there are 2 age certificate versions of the DVD; a 12 (in Amaray case) and 16 (in digipak) - this could well be from a German pressed 12 certificate censored version.

*prays it is*

:rant:

Guest Topaz Scorpio

This really bites. I guess they thought the parental advisory label was too risky seeing as stores like Wal-Mart account for 40% of U.S. DVD sales and they don't carry DVDs/music with advisory labels. Erotica must be edited in some way then also as it was left off the last video collection because of the advisory label issue.

The version on the IC DVD used the 7" remix dubbed over it. You don't hear the gates slam shut in the church and you hear it revert back to the original version at the end as the 7" mix was shorter.

AH. Gotcha. When it said remix, naturally I assumed the TIC version. Since the 7" version is tres similar to the LP version.

And if I'm not mistaken the TIC video actually has the full echoed guitar riff intro, as opposed to the truncated one on the 7". It's all so confusing with the amount of versions she has with subtle variations within themselves. :dramatic:

don't know if someone already posted this, but the guy that's been posting all the info @ mfanzine bought the amaray version of the dvd... someone else pointed that amazon has 2 age recomendations: amaray case is for age 12 and digipack is for age 16... so MAYBE there's some hope for JML uncesored??? haha yeah, very unlikely, but hey, it's only wishful thinking! :p

anyway, it's all about I Want You FINALLY on DVD!!! :dramatic:

don't know if someone already posted this, but the guy that's been posting all the info @ mfanzine bought the amaray version of the dvd... someone else pointed that amazon has 2 age recomendations: amaray case is for age 12 and digipack is for age 16... so MAYBE there's some hope for JML uncesored??? haha yeah, very unlikely, but hey, it's only wishful thinking! :p

anyway, it's all about I Want You FINALLY on DVD!!! :dramatic:

Good to see you here!

Well, what a fucked up project if we're getting that stupid black box in all the releases.

OK he posted on Fanzine, copying his post here (member truthordare):

just got the DVDs... it's cool, but has some problems like the 2CD

the good things:

- Lucky Star EDIT version, first time on DVD

- Express Yourself FULL 5 min version

- Like A Prayer ORIGINAL album version, not using the 7" remix like on TIC

strange:

- Get Together ICON VERSION, not the original

- Frozen, not the "video version" audio, the beginning is like the "fade in" Radio Edit

bad things:

- picture quality... not the best

- Get Together is not the original "radio edit", it's a re-edit of the album version, but unfortunately the same BAD way as they edited Erotica on the 2CD. very badly edited

+

Deeper And Deeper is the FULL version (with spoken intro)

I´m glad we're getting the alternative ICON version of Get Together, so much hotter!

The DVD looks like it will be a hot mess but I do love that WB put the ICON version of Get Together.

Plus- haven't there been DVDs released, that contained more content on one DVD, than what is on each of the Celebration DVDs? Why would they have to reduce anything?

When is the regular DVD (not the case one, that's recommended for a certain age group) supposed to be released, tomorrow in some territories? Not that there's going to be any difference.

Today I improved celebration on my iPod.

I added a couple of more songs that fit in sound quality wise

Angel - from the remastered LAP album

True Blue - from the remastered TB album

Get Together - UK single version

American life - uk single version

Give it 2 me - uk single version

I also swapped 4 minutes for the cd single version.

I as delighted with the album originally but now I love my own version!!!

Just wish some of the other albums were remastered so they'd fit sound wise. Deeper and deeper , playground and rain didn't match with the remastered songs :(

Another review:

The DVD is a bad Bootleg!

OK People

i know some of you out there will hate me for saying this but:

this DVD is a very very bad bootleg ... really

I bought the amary version today in austria it has a big sticker on it recomending not to watch under 16, but

justify ist still cencorded ... it really made me laugh - this is beyond stupid

but the main problem is that when watchig it on a bigger tv (107 diagonal)

then this whole bunch of over digitaliesed vids look like cheap mpgs

you can see squares everywhere

and at least in the PAL version you see the interlace stripes in every video when there are fast movements or cuts.

i was so longing for this dvd, and i'm beyond dissaponted

i have better bootlegs at home than this offical release

i'm really close to tears (((((((

why o why

Another one

I picked up my copy of the DVD today (Amaray Case).

The Amaray Case, just like the Digipack, has the age sticker 16+ here in Germany. So there will not be un-censored version unfortunately as we had first assumed because of the amazon.de information (age 12+ for the amaray, age 16+ for the digipack).

I'll start with the positive things.

- We finally have several videos that were not available on DVD before.

- Deeper & Deeper includes the spoken part from Udo Kier.

- The sound is in PCM Stereo AND Dolby Digital 5.1 (not just Surround) and it sounds great. I've been longing for her music in 5.1 for a long time

- The artwork, like on the cd, is great. Another small fold-out poster with the DVD cover is included. Unfortunately, the "booklet" is on the other side and not seperate. I would like to frame the poster along with the one from the cd, but i don't want to miss the other side in the DVD case.

Now here's what's really disappointing and really ruins the excitement about this release a lot for me.

- Jusify My Love Video. Censored and no "unseen footage". Did "Nipplegate" do so much harm in the U.S. that they are scared of showing some nipples in a Madonna DVD?? Did Madonna acually agree to that???? I'm a gay man and titties aren't really a turn on for me. But to let them butcher the video like that, even if it's just a short sequence, is ridiculous!

- The Video quality SUCKS. Why do they even bother to write "digitally remastered from the original tapes" when the outcome looks like a bad VHS copy????? Studios are able to remaster 30-40 year old movies for Blu-Ray and make them absolutely pristine and Warner releases something like this??? It's in NTSC, on a single layer disc, with each video having about 160mb in size, including the two audio versions. The outcome is bound to be BAD!! I have Madonna videos files from the internet that look better than the videos on this DVD.

Madonna is considered one of THE video artists of our times. She has released true masterpiece videos and will always bee seen as a visual artist. But the poor video quality of this release doesn't do that justice in any way. The entire project feels like it was done without much consideration and effort. The technical flaws on the cd, the mistakes in the booklet, the censoring and the poor video quality are a real turn off for me. This should have been an epic release, celebrating Madonna's amazing 26 year career. Something unique and special, with her true fan base in mind. Turns out it's pretty much just an average, mass-production job that lacks on too many aspects. They could and SHOULD have done better.

End of rant.

I am trying to expand my celebration on iTunes.

I've added a few songs that fit sound quality wise. I want to add I'll remember and deeper and deeper but the sound quality isn't as good as celebration.

Is there a way of altering sound on itunes to make these songs fit?

I'm not that technical so if you know something please tell me in simple words ;)

...i know i've always wanted to know but the last time i wrote to warners to complain, i used the address printed on the back of her albums lol and the funny thing is, they replied with one of their systematic 'dear hopeful' letters expressing their thanks for my interest in their artist lol

Fuck that DVD is a mess . Those screencaps look poor and cheap. Other artists release better quality music video DVDs.