*OFFICIAL* "Celebration" CD and DVD Tracklisings

HolidayGuy

Well, some fans count every single montage video or live clip that MTV, VH1, or any other video channel in the world has ever played. For me, something like "One More Chance" doesn't count. Neither does the "Angel" montage video, because neither of them really offer any kind of new content. I do count "GHV2 Mega Mix" though, because the shots of the screens, etc., were newly filmed specifically for that video.

Going by that criteria, these are the major videos that were left off of the collection....

• Everybody
  • The Gambler
  • Oh Father [available on 'The Immaculate Collection' DVD]
  • Dear Jessie
  • This Used To Be My Playground [available on 'A League Of Their Own' DVD]
  • Bad Girl [available on 'The Video Collection 93:99']
  • Fever [available on 'The Video Collection 93:99']
  • Love Don't Live Here Anymore [available on 'The Video Collection 93:99']
  • You Must Love Me
  • Drowned World/Substitute For Love [available on 'The Video Collection 93:99']
  • Nothing Really Matters [available on 'The Video Collection 93:99']
  • GHV2 Megamix
  • American Life

"The Gambler" is really nothing special, although I still listed it. Basically, it's just footage of Madonna singing the song in 'Vision Quest' (with the bar signs behind her clumsily pixelated), along with additional scenes lifted from the movie (some of them are even repeated from "Crazy For You"). Love the song, but the video is probably the least essential of any.

I didn't list "Don't Cry For Me Argentina" or "Another Suitcase In Another Hall" above, as they're both taken directly from 'Evita.'

I also didn't list live videos, like "Dress You Up" or "Holiday." Although a case can certainly be made for "DYU," as one edit of the video features some additional footage at the beginning, which is not seen on the 'Virgin Tour' full-length video.

thanks so much. to me it's almost like she's trying to brush the (song) american life under the rug almost... like it never happened. to include american pie over it is funny to me, even the censored AL version would be better than the total omission from both the cd and the video collection. (a version without the esther rap would be awesome!)

for me, personally, i feel like the ROL era ones (since i saw them also) were fully fleshed out and deserved to be added... especially DW/SFL. but i guess it just isn't meant to be...

edit: wait, was "you must love me" not footage from evita?

Edited by infiniblue

for me, personally, i feel like the ROL era ones (since i saw them also) were fully fleshed out and deserved to be added... especially DW/SFL. but i guess it just isn't meant to be...

Yeah, at the very least, it would have been nice if they had included "Oh Father," "Bad Girl," "Drowned World/Substitute For Love," "Nothing Really Matters" and "American Life." Of the videos that were omitted, I'd say those were the most deserving of inclusion.

edit: wait, was "you must love me" not footage from evita?

"YML" does include footage from 'Evita,' but it also has those newly filmed scenes of Madonna singing by the piano.

infiniblue, You Must Love Me had a specially filmed video, but it's just Madonna in studio leaning on a piano, singing the song in a very heartfelt manner. She was VERY pregnant when it was shot, so they "hid" her behind the piano. A cellist is in the studio with her and the piano player. All that is intercut with footage from the film.

Also, the "flags" version of American Life is available on iTunes for download if you're really desperate for it. I think American Life might surface after time provides some emotional distance. No reason to cause a political backlash. (It would be nice to get a definitive edit of the withdrawn video, but it could also be an extra on the RIT DVD if/when that ever sees the light of day.)

I'd also recommend investing in the 93:99 collection if you haven't -- the "missing" ROL videos are there.

Sorry if it sounds like I'm making excuses -- but I have to refuse to criticize the DVD release, because it's got SO much more than I ever hoped would be on there. (For example, I *love* This Used to Be My Playground, but it's on the "A League of Their Own" DVD, so I own it. And if they had included TUTBMP but left off, say, "I Want You" -- I'd be so disappointed. It's great to get so many videos that we couldn't officially own before.)

Sorry if it sounds like I'm making excuses -- but I have to refuse to criticize the DVD release, because it's got SO much more than I ever hoped would be on there.

I'm in total agreement. It may fall just short of being complete, but it's still way more than I ever expected. I figured WB would basically slap together all of the videos from 'Immaculate Collection' and 'Video Collection 93:99,' and then only add a handful of the ones filmed since then. I never expected things like "Into The Groove," "Live To Tell" or "I Want You."

Guest IJustFuctMadonna

Um. The obvious reason those videos are omitted is because they still want people to buy the other DVDs. Although it appears that IC has been deleted, 93:99 has not, and I am willing to bet that IC will go back on the market after awhile. If they made this complete, they'd include those. However, I still think it would make sense to just make this DVD complete. I don't see the difference. People will still jump to have all the videos in surround.

Of course, what really sucks is that we will NEVER get those other videos in 5.1 surround sound, whereas we will be getting the videos on the Celebration DVD in surround (YAY!), though it sucks that there's not DTS option! Dolby Surround sounds like shit compared to DTS.

i rewatched the "one more chance" video on youtube... i get why i thought it was real. there's parts very briefly at the beginning timed to make it look like she's actually singing the words of the song, but then it goes to obvious montage (rain video director shot) and i realize my folly.

oh... and i think there needs to be a blu-ray of this, perhaps then they'd have even less excuse not to hide the missing videos. they'd avoid cannibalizing the market so soon since blu-ray is still not as ubiquitous as dvd and those who'd buy such HD version might be different than those who buy this dvd

Guest groovyguy

The one thing I don't get is the complaints about the DVD. :confused: It's pretty much as comprehensive as you can get! I never expected them to put so much on it in a million years.

Love the tracklisting. Can't wait to buy it.

The one thing I don't get is the complaints about the DVD. :confused: It's pretty much as comprehensive as you can get! I never expected them to put so much on it in a million years.

yeah, it's already a big BIG surprise that it's a double dvd. i'm so getting it!

99 minutes is too short for Disc 1 of the DVD they could have easily added 3 more videos.

It should have been 25 and 25.

...and i actually agree with you, such a waste of dvd space...

Thanks! I still will get this but watching the videos back2back on the Celebration DVD you can't

help but notice the glaring ommissions. Plus I just think 50 videos has a nice ring to it rather

than that odd number 47. I'm a stickler for 5's.

''Celebration'' to enter the Italian chart at #1 next week

Italy doesn't have a proper midweek chart data report but estimates are available to work who work in the industry and MadonnaTribe can report they indicate that "Celebration" is set to enter straight to #1 in the Italian album chart in the next update that will be released next Monday.

This will make "Celebration" the fourth Madonna CD in a row topping the charts in Italy (not counting the audio CD in the I'm Going To Tell You A Secret and Confessions Tour DVD bundles).

The top placement for Madonna's albums in the Italian charts (so far) are as follows:

Madonna #8

Like a Virgin #1

True Blue #1

Who's That Girl #1

You Can dance #6

Like a Prayer #1

I'm Breathless #1

The Immaculate Collection #9

Erotica #2

Bedtime Stories #2

Something To Remember #1

Evita #2

Ray Of Light #1

Music #1

GHV2 #7

American Life #1

Confessions On A Dance Floor #1

Hard Candy # 1

Thanks to GAM.

Guest Pud Whacker

BREAKING NEWS about DVD!

"Express Yourself" is the Non-Stop Express Mix 5 minute long version! :dramatic:

"Get Together" is the Alternate ICON video! :dramatic:

youve got to be kidding me. that is THE FUCKING WORST. i wanted the SUCK MY COCK 12" version of EXPRESS YOURSELF. not buying it. warner sucks. madonna's lazy and mary mary is quite contrary.

Danny86, where are details of the DVD coming from?

It's in stores in some European countries, a fan in Hungary picked up a copy and gave the details on a forum.

Also, "Lucky Star" is not the TIC DVD version and LAP is not the bad edit anymore like on TIC.

No info about which "Celebration" video was used yet.

It's in stores in some European countries, a fan in Hungary picked up a copy and gave the details on a forum.

Also, "Lucky Star" is not the TIC DVD version and LAP is not the bad edit anymore like on TIC.

No info about which "Celebration" video was used yet.

:wow: Hopefully the never-before-seen JML footage will leak soon then.