*OFFICIAL* "Celebration" CD and DVD Tracklisings

HolidayGuy

Warner Music gave DrownedMadonna.com more details regarding the upcoming Celebration double DVD, pointing out that "this is the ultimate Madonna collection in chronological order".

2 DVD package comes in a CD sized Digipack. The 47 videos have been REMASTERED. Not only are the videos REMASTERED, but also the SOUND is remastered. You can listen in NORMAL STEREO or in SURROUND 5.1.

They also point out that "18 of these videos have NEVER EVER been on a DVD, 27 of them have NEVER been on a Madonna DVD."

Guest thehiltonsuite

This would be a perfect time to release BLOND AMBITION on DVD and RE-INVENTION! They should make a tour BOX-SET! I don't understand why BA has never been released on DVD. I would GIVE ANYTHING if she would release the version that was used for Truth or Dare. I'm sure they have the whole thing on flim, because that was the best concert footage I've ever seen! How can we make this happen?? I'm afraid once Madonna leaves Warner that we will never see this.

Oh shit. Some of them are the same length as TIC versions :zombie: . And some are album versions too. Or am I wrong.

Oh shit. Some of them are the same length as TIC versions :zombie: . And some are album versions too. Or am I wrong.

That's correct, but we knew about most TIC and all album versions.

I'm wondering about the remaster, for example LAV is the TIC length but it sounds a lot better to me.

HG, you didn't look at the track times. ;) You should know the album version of "Vogue" is below the 5 minute mark.

Unless they are remastered album versions edited to the same length, these are TIC versions:

Lucky Star

Borderline

Like A Virgin

Crazy For You

Open Your Heart

Express Yourself

Cherish

Vogue

i know it seems so many here have a hate for miles away, but i'm sad they seem to (3:43) use the radio edit and not the album version... i like the slower opening of the album rather than the jump-into-beatboxing radio edit.

Edit: but at least it's the longer "Beautiful Stranger" rather than the edited version from GHV2...

Edited by infiniblue

I don't pay mind to running times, come on now. :)

Well, then if "Vogue" is TIC version, it soudns more like the original album version than TIC version- the wonders of remastering, I guess. ;)

EY may be the version used in the Shep remix video- any differences to TIC version?

i know it seems so many here have a hate for miles away, but i'm sad they seem to (3:43) use the radio edit and not the album version... i like the slower opening of the album rather than the jump-into-beatboxing radio edit.

I agree, same problem with 4M and ROL.

The choice of edits seems to be pretty random. "Holiday" should have been the TIC mix, and while I love it, weird that they went with album version of TAB which is just 2 more choruses and the edit does not take away anything.

HG, EY video version would be a minute longer than that. The main difference is just the intro though, it starts with that "b-b-b-baby" line.

The choice of edits seems to be pretty random. "Holiday" should have been the TIC mix, and while I love it, weird that they went with album version of TAB which is just 2 more choruses and the edit does not take away anything.

HG, EY video version would be a minute longer than that. The main difference is just the intro though, it starts with that "b-b-b-baby" line.

True. Not very smart. A song called 4 Minutes and only 3 min length. What they did to the best part of ROL is a crime, and instead we got the almost 7mins of Frozen.

Yes, totally random. Who decides on these things anyway? Why would the "Radio Edit" of "Ray Of Light" be included when the "Album Version" of "Frozen" is included? At least the "Radio Edit" of "Frozen" doesn't sound chopped! It should have been the other way around. LOL. I find it very interesting. It just makes the project look even more sloppy. It must have been a case of whatever master tape was grabbed first in putting this collection together. "LP Version" of "Holiday" (much better than the "Immaculate Collection" mix, in my opinion) yet the horrible "Immaculate Collection" mix of "Lucky Star"? Again, huh?! I'm wondering how many more years we'll have to wait now to get the 7" mixes of "Like A Prayer" and "Express Yourself". It really amazes me that 20 years on we still don't have these main single/radio versions available on CD in remastered sound. Oh well. I guess we've already discussed this before. :/

WB did a sloppy job on this whole GH project. I'm glad I'm not getting this CD. I guess I'll get the Double DVD

even with all those missing videos and the lack of special features.

Madonna was interviewed on Australian radio last year and the interviewer asked her why 4M had been edited down to 3 minutes. Madonna was surprised and said something like, "What? No it's not, it's four minutes long!" The interviewer told her that the version they were sent ran for just over 3 minutes and she said something like, "Who did that?! They didn't ask me!" so it seems odd that she'd agree to have it on "Celebration". Timbaland barely deserves his "featuring" credit, now!

Guest bluejean

That just proves that Madonna didn't even pay attention to what versions are being sent to radio or included on this collection.

Which is a shame because other than the original producers and Guy she is the only person who would care about that. Warner most definately just grabbed whatever and slapped it on.

They did a much better job than GHV2 though.

I really don't mind having some TIC versions on here, because for the most part, the ones they've chosen are very similar to the originals anyway, so it's all OK! What I'm miffed about, though, is the inclusion of ridiculously long versions of songs such as Holiday (by far the most bizarre choice), Live To Tell and Frozen at the expense of other tracks (cut two minutes off holiday and a minute each off LTT and Frozen and you've got another song on the collection). Live To Tell and Frozen are far better known in their single/radio edits, while Holiday is almost completely unknown to the general public in its original album version. The radio edit of 4M definitely shouldn't have been used, and although it's great to have Like A Prayer in its original form, the single mix would have been much better (still, it's better to go with the album version than the TIC version for this particular track). I wonder what a remastered LAP will sound like? The original lacked bass, so hopefully that's been rectified.

All in all, though, it's a great collection and the general public will be very happy with it. They get most of the huge hits and some forgotten gems that were still hits in various countries. NO other contemporary artist has over 70 hit singles to choose from (with another hit set to explode shortly). Madonna really is unique in that respect.

i'm more tempted to piece together the greatest hits if i have to buy the damn thing for the track if i can't get "it's so cool" any other way in the same high bitrate and replace all the bad edits with their originals... wonder if the CDs would fill too quickly or if there's minutes left free on these?

also, has anybody else wanted to rearrange the tracks when you get the album and make a copy in chronological order? wonder how hard it'd be to do... i'd probably just do chronological per disc, i think completely switching both in chronological would be harder especially if i wanna bring back full versions of songs like 4 minutes, miles away, and ray of light... any thoughts, anyone?

Madonna was interviewed on Australian radio last year and the interviewer asked her why 4M had been edited down to 3 minutes. Madonna was surprised and said something like, "What? No it's not, it's four minutes long!" The interviewer told her that the version they were sent ran for just over 3 minutes and she said something like, "Who did that?! They didn't ask me!" so it seems odd that she'd agree to have it on "Celebration". Timbaland barely deserves his "featuring" credit, now!

That's one of the reasons I prefer the three-minute version. I'm glad they chose it instead of the album one.