*OFFICIAL* "Celebration" CD and DVD Tracklisings

HolidayGuy

Guest groovyguy

indeed. thumbs.gif

For those of you who are saying IC is out of print, check amazon. you can buy it brand new or used for around $11 from individual sellers.

Regarding TUTBMP - Doesn't Columbia have the rights to this video anyway? It's not even available on Itunes. Maybe adding it to this comp wasn't even an option - or maybe they couldn't clear the clips. who knows. who really cares? rotfl.gif

Amazon.com

http://www.amazon.co...51375424&sr=8-2 14 new from $13.98 13 used from $8.98

Half.com

http://product.half....nfoQQprZ3158290 Best Price $5.74

Edited by groovyguy

Thank you for saying this!! I can't believe all the whining,bitching and nit-picking going on.For the most part,the videos that aren't included on this set can easily be found on the previous 2 compilations,or on iTunes,Youtube or eleswhere.I'm thrilled with this DVD set because it gives us 27 videos that have never appeared on a video compilation before.If I wanna see "Bad Girl","Oh Father" or any other great video that's not included here,I can simply pull out the previous compilations.And like you said,the AL video isn't hard to find,either.

The hilarious/sad thing being that most of the people doing the bitching will be people who already own the previous DVD compilations anyway. WHAT'S THE POINT?!

Also, regading some of the videos that were on other home video releases (i.e. OF, BG, DW/SFL, NRM)- they weren't as big hits as some of the biggest hits. But on the flip side, neither were "Bedtime Story" and "Human Nature," yet they reappear. Can't win em all, I guess. Plus, there should be *something* to make past releases viable, no? :)

sorry if already posted, but wea.com has the tracklisting for the 1 disc GH:

•Hung Up

•Music

•Vogue

•4 Minutes

•Holiday

•Like A Virgin

•Into The Groove

•Like A Prayer

•Ray Of Light

•La Isla Bonita

•Frozen

•Material Girl

•Papa Don't Preach

•Lucky Star

•Express Yourself

•Open Your Heart

•Dress You Up

•Celebration

Guest Coked Up Baby Boy

The one disc track listing isn't too bad.

Who would buy it though? even a casual consumer is bound to pick up the 2 disc.

Guest ursaminorjim

And is it odd that they're (purportedly) making a video for "Revolver" when it's only on the 2-disc? Hmmm.

That said, the single disc tracklisting is terrific.

I saw the DVD tracklisting on madonna.com the other day. It's amazing. So many I never expected like all the film clip videos (bar TUTBMP). The omissions like Oh Father are already on DVD, of course.

I don't care if American Life is left off, it's try hard and grotesquely overrated. A shame "Everybody" was left off (and that video is available to buy at iTunes), but you can't argue with how complete it is.

I'd love to know what they mean exactly by "exquisitely remastered"

For those "Dear Jessie" lovers, the video is on iTunes. :) I have a decent copy downloaded that someone had posted, so covered there. So, if you have the other two DVDs, you can get DJ and "Everybody" on iTunes. Excluding montage clips, Evita clips pulled from the movie and used as videos, the two Truth or Dare clips and other various here-nor-there videos (i.e. "Gambler" and "American Life"- The Geography Lesson), that about does it. The TOD clips are in the movie, anyhow ("Holiday" is directly lifted from the movie, to boot). If Virgin Tour ever hits DVD, then we have "Dress You Up."

"You Must Love Me" would be the only (previously released) video not readily available at our disposal, in some commercial form? I know it was released on the non-U.S. Evita DVD (not sure if that was worldwide, though). If iTunes adds YMLM at some point, there we go.

Guest bluejean

So do we know the tracklist for the single CD version? :angel:

The 1 disc is like a watered down Immaculate Collection with afew recent hits tacked on. Could be good for very casual fans to grab from the bargain bins in January.

sorry if already posted, but wea.com has the tracklisting for the 1 disc GH:

•Hung Up

•Music

•Vogue

•4 Minutes

•Holiday

•Like A Virgin

•Into The Groove

•Like A Prayer

•Ray Of Light

•La Isla Bonita

•Frozen

•Material Girl

•Papa Don't Preach

•Lucky Star

•Express Yourself

•Open Your Heart

•Dress You Up

•Celebration

:shock: No Miles Away :demonic:

Why they think Lucky Star is such a seminal track is beyond me - leaving aside dross such as OMC, it's in my list of least essential Madonna recordings.

For those "Dear Jessie" lovers, the video is on iTunes. :) I have a decent copy downloaded that someone had posted, so covered there. So, if you have the other two DVDs, you can get DJ and "Everybody" on iTunes. Excluding montage clips, Evita clips pulled from the movie and used as videos, the two Truth or Dare clips and other various here-nor-there videos (i.e. "Gambler" and "American Life"- The Geography Lesson), that about does it. The TOD clips are in the movie, anyhow ("Holiday" is directly lifted from the movie, to boot). If Virgin Tour ever hits DVD, then we have "Dress You Up."

"You Must Love Me" would be the only (previously released) video not readily available at our disposal, in some commercial form? I know it was released on the non-U.S. Evita DVD (not sure if that was worldwide, though). If iTunes adds YMLM at some point, there we go.

I love Dear Jessie but I don't need a cartoon clip commisioned by Warners on a definitive video collection.

Regarding the Evita stuff - I've said all along it should never be included on a Madonna GH collection - it's one of the few highlights of her career as an actress, not the many highlight of her career as a pop icon.

I'm also not particularly fussed about having videos for CFY and Live To Tell included. That said, I'd love LTT without the movie clips but I doubt that will be a nice surprise.

Guest groovyguy

The 1 disc is like a watered down Immaculate Collection with afew recent hits tacked on. Could be good for very casual fans to grab from the bargain bins in January.

Good for casual fans to grab for the holidays. Btw, I don't think I have ever seen any Madonna CDs in the bargain bins.

Yah- the single disc (as posted on this page) has 11 of the 15 Immaculate classics. QB, "Lucky Star" is quintessential early Madonna, how could you group it with OMC? :) Granted, it's pretty simple, lyrically and thematically, but I think the video and the whole gaze aura solidified it in her cannon- plus, it's solid pop. It's up there, too, in terms of U.S. recurrent play. Is there no way to track recurrent play in the UK? That would give an idea of its endurance there, too (if any).

The lack of love for True Blue over the years from Madonna is weird. I consider it to be a classic Madonna song, but maybe I am wrong? Maybe I just think that because I have fond memories of dancing my gay ass around to it when I was like 5. Glad to see WTG made the cut though.

The DJ on KTU (before they played Celebration) yesterday was praising the hell out of the tracklisting going on about what an amazing body of work it is and how its nothing but hit after hit after hit. He has that right.

Guest Pud Whacker

:shock: No Miles Away :demonic:

Why they think Lucky Star is such a seminal track is beyond me - leaving aside dross such as OMC, it's in my list of least essential Madonna recordings.

lucky star was the summer of 84 in america. although the wannabes took hold after borderline it was lucky star that sealed the deal. her first top 5, it was jsut everywhere, couldnt be avoided, like into the groove the following summer.

I realise Lucky Star was a bigger hit in America than Europe - it was the reason the release of Like A Virgin was delayed but even when I got the first album, which I was blown away by on first play, I was never that fussed about LS. The video on the other hand is AMAZING - I remember my mum seeing it and asking if I'd really like to bring a girl like that home to meet her - little did she know :demonic:

Guest Pud Whacker

I realise Lucky Star was a bigger hit in America than Europe - it was the reason the release of Like A Virgin was delayed but even when I got the first album, which I was blown away by on first play, I was never that fussed about LS. The video on the other hand is AMAZING - I remember my mum seeing it and asking if I'd really like to bring a girl like that home to meet her - little did she know :demonic:

:lol:

it was just enormous here. and, for me, the last moment of that madonna. she went on to something else musically, which, of course is great but that first album madonna just really has all my heart. :inlove:

Guest Pud Whacker

Yeah, Like A Virgin was a bit of a let down as I was expecting more of Madonna, with Nile Rodgers added - I enjoyed it but I always rated the first one above it.

there was a quote from a dude musician asked by rodgers if he wanted to play on the 'new' madonna album. and he said, "wow, yeah that soulful girl who sang holiday and borderline." when he saw the material, he was like, "what is this?" he thought it was going to be those little soulful disco jams.

i love virgin. what they did with that was exceptional. it wasnt a disappointment for me, at all. however, it did make me appreciate the first album even more.

Guest Pud Whacker

Warners realised her potential so intervened. I read that they asked Nile Rodgers to speed the vocals up so that she sounded more like Cyndi Lauper, who was the more popular at the time.

interesting.

---

loomer, are you in the uk? lucky star and borderline were released there. they didnt do well but after the success of virgin, they rereleased them in 85 and they went top 5 and shyt which always triped me out. :lol:

Yeah

It's a pity they didn't reissue Lucky Star instead of Holiday after The Immaculate Collection. I always wanted it to be one of her top 5s. :lmao: Instead it was notorious for being her only single to miss the top 10 (until Take A Bow broke the run).

It was also originally released in 1983 as her second single. It's amusing how primitive the video is compared to Borderline, since it followed it chronologically in other countries - not sure which was shot first.

Like QB, Lucky Star was never one of my faves.

Guest Pud Whacker

Yeah

It's a pity they didn't reissue Lucky Star instead of Holiday after The Immaculate Collection. I always wanted it to be one of her top 5s. :lmao: Instead it was notorious for being her only single to miss the top 10 (until Take A Bow broke the run).

It was also originally released in 1983 as her second single. It's amusing how primitive the video is compared to Borderline, since it followed it chronologically in other countries - not sure which was shot first.

Like QB, Lucky Star was never one of my faves.

both videos were shot in the same two weeks in los angeles.