S&S - Sofia, Bulgaria - August 29

elijah

It is a miracle come true! Madonna will sing in Sofia. The megastar has included Bulgaria's capital in her world tour, her official website informs.

The pop icon will perform in Bulgaria at the end of August. She will stage a concert at the National Stadium 'Vassil Levski' in Sofia. The ticket's price will start at 50 euros. A pass for a VIP box will reach 500 euros.

Several Bulgarian production houses compete to bring the biggest star on the planet to Bulgaria. "Sofia Music Enterprises" as official representative of 'Live Nation", with which Madonna has signed a ten-year tour contract has the best chances.

The famous pop singer gets at least $5 million for each performance on a stadium. As Madonna hasn't planned gigs in the neighbouring countries, an inflow of Greek and Turkish fans is expected in Sofia.

http://paper.standartnews.com/en/article.php?d=2009-08-23&article=26544

COME JOIN THE PARTYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY

in Romania it was rumored 3 mil euro for the concert.

Well, that would be about $5 million US since our currency is still shit.

Anyone know what the latest ticket count (sold) for Sofia is? I know Bucharest is over 60,000 sold now (according to reports anyway).

Guest boytoyville

Sofia is deiniftly sold out. Months ago all available seating and VIP packages were sold out and then they released more tickets for all sections and added more VIP packages and they are all sold out again on ticketpro.

Posted on Madonnalicious

A special crew will film parts of the Sticky & Sweet Tour concert in Sofia on Saturday 29 August, the Bulgarian promoter said today.

The footage will be included in the DVD for the tour. It's likely the moment filmed will be connected with the Michael Jackson tribute, who would have turned 51 on the night of the show.

At the same time fans from Michael and Madonna's biggest fan club - mmlegends.com are hosting a special iniative for the show. During the MJ tribute they will wear a white glove on their hands. And also - they are having a special 'Sticky & Sweet' version of the national flag, created by their member marcello, and also have three very touching surprises for Madonna during the concert. The last one will involve more then 1000 fans in the gold circle.

Posted on Madonnalicious

A special crew will film parts of the Sticky & Sweet Tour concert in Sofia on Saturday 29 August, the Bulgarian promoter said today.

The footage will be included in the DVD for the tour. It's likely the moment filmed will be connected with the Michael Jackson tribute, who would have turned 51 on the night of the show.

At the same time fans from Michael and Madonna's biggest fan club - mmlegends.com are hosting a special iniative for the show. During the MJ tribute they will wear a white glove on their hands. And also - they are having a special 'Sticky & Sweet' version of the national flag, created by their member marcello, and also have three very touching surprises for Madonna during the concert. The last one will involve more then 1000 fans in the gold circle.

that would be great !

From Madonnatribe forum:

Breaking news: Sofia - Madonna officially banned a fan!

A fan of Madonna, queuing from yesterday's early morning for today's concert in Sofia, third in line for Golden Circle has just been officially ordered to stay away from her concert by the organizers and police.

This happened after he STUCK some posters against the adoptions and his day was made also SWEET.

The posters were vandalized a minute after they were stuck, by her "fans" and police was called after that!

Exclusive images:

img0828.jpg

img0830z.jpg

img0831l.jpg

-----------------

How disgusting! Glad he got banned...some fans would do just anything to get attention.

He's no different from some of the "fans" on this forum who crucified her on the adoptions.

it´s totally differenT:here people have been saying that they don´t think it´s the best way, or that maybe there was something fishy there...but to go to a concert and do what that "fan" has made, is offensive

JUST CAME BACK!!! SHE GAVE ME THE MICE AGAIN IN INTO THE GROOVE (SHE GAVE IT TO ME IN BUDVA TOO)! SHE REMEMBERED ME! SHE SAID THAT SHE KNOWS I SANG LAST TIME :)!!!!

She was amazing!. MUch morefuller than last year! She looked great! She loved Sofia! She was saying Sofia Sofia Sofia! At one time Sofia belisima! The public was insane! They loved her absolutely! And she loved us!

Contrary to rumours that spread around this week, no additional filming took place at the concert in Sofia tonight.

M-Triber NeilC who was on the barrier at the Vasil Levski Stadium tonight confirmed that there was no extra filming taking place tonight other than the usual Guy Oseary filming during "Give Iit 2 Me".

The Michael Jackson tribute during "Holiday" also took place as usual with no substantial change from the show we already know.

On the other hand the venue looked really packed and it's easy to say that bringing Madonna to Bulgaria was a success.

Guest Danny86

JUST CAME BACK!!! SHE GAVE ME THE MICE AGAIN IN INTO THE GROOVE (SHE GAVE IT TO ME IN BUDVA TOO)! SHE REMEMBERED ME! SHE SAID THAT SHE KNOWS I SANG LAST TIME :) !!!!

:shock:

That's incredible!! Congrats!!!! :)

JUST CAME BACK!!! SHE GAVE ME THE MICE AGAIN IN INTO THE GROOVE (SHE GAVE IT TO ME IN BUDVA TOO)! SHE REMEMBERED ME! SHE SAID THAT SHE KNOWS I SANG LAST TIME :) !!!!

She was amazing!. MUch morefuller than last year! She looked great! She loved Sofia! She was saying Sofia Sofia Sofia! At one time Sofia belisima! The public was insane! They loved her absolutely! And she loved us!

woooow amazing i am so happy about you and the fact she recognized you AMAZING ! And Sofia is such a beautiful name. I am sure she loved it. Did she make any speech before You Must Love Me about gypsies? I hope she didn't get booed again like in Bucharest.

:drool:

No worries, I'm pretty sure Romania was the shittiest public and the only one who would booe her for the statement she made. I heard she loved Sofia and they loved her.

romanian crowd became unsatisfied with anything during the years. If any other artist gives concerts here there are people who are always disappointed. as for the booing the gypsies, we are really sick and enough of them because they really aren't discriminated in our country. They are everywhere on tv, streets, most of them full of money. But of course it was the first time Madonna came here and she doesn't know very much all of these things.

Guest boytoyville

^ There is a lot of prejudice regarding gypsies in Europe, especially Eastern Europe. That isn't to say some haven't done terrible things and like any minority have sometimes resorted to dubious ways of life due to lack of opportunity,past history, and prejudice. She didn't say all gypsies are great and do nothing wrong. She simply said not to discriminate against them and that is more than a fair statment. In America we have problems with people looking down upon minorities,beggers,homeless people...this same theme runs throughout the world and the point she was getting across was not to judge these people but to understand and NOT discriminate and nobody should disagree with that.

Guest boytoyville

Report from Madonnatribe: It was the largest concert ever held in Bulgaria!

Madonna rocked the Bulgarian capital Saturday night from 10 pm until 12 am in her first ever concert in the country.

Some 60,000 fans filled the Vasil Levski Stadium in downtown Sofia in what is the largest musical event of its kind to ever take place on Bulgarian soil.

The concert started shortly after 8 pm and the crowd was warmed up with various disco beats and mixes for about an hour.

Instead at 9 pm as advertised earlier, Madonna appeared on stage at about 9:55 pm. In the one hour before that the eager fans entertained themselves with more than 150 audience (Mexican) waves.

In addition to her to top hits, Madonna's concert also included messages for religious tolerance and civic activism - something to which the Sofia audience responded with great cheers and enthusiasm.

A total of 450 security personnel - the largest such number ever employed in Bulgaria for a single event - were in charge of keeping Madonna's concert in Sofia in order; police were largely not visible until the very end of the show when they helped regulated the exits and the routes to the closest public transport and subway stations. No accidents have been reported during the concert.

It is still unclear whether Madonna will spend the night in Bulgaria, or would fly away after the concert.

From novinite.com.

woooow amazing i am so happy about you and the fact she recognized you AMAZING ! And Sofia is such a beautiful name. I am sure she loved it. Did she make any speech before You Must Love Me about gypsies? I hope she didn't get booed again like in Bucharest.

No she didnt talk about gypsies. She just said smth like Bulgaria I m gonna sing You Must Love Me or smth. like that.

From Madonnatribe forum:

Breaking news: Sofia - Madonna officially banned a fan!

A fan of Madonna, queuing from yesterday's early morning for today's concert in Sofia, third in line for Golden Circle has just been officially ordered to stay away from her concert by the organizers and police.

This happened after he STUCK some posters against the adoptions and his day was made also SWEET.

The posters were vandalized a minute after they were stuck, by her "fans" and police was called after that!

Exclusive images:

img0828.jpg

img0830z.jpg

img0831l.jpg

-----------------

How disgusting! Glad he got banned...some fans would do just anything to get attention.

Dumb piece of trash. Good that they flushed him from the show.