S&S - Bucharest, Romania - August 26

zephyralexxx

?? I barely hear any booos in that youtube video. Wow these new articles about the booing are making such a big deal out of nothing. I was expecting a sinead oconnor incident lol

i'm glad she spoke out but unfortunately not even God, if he exists, can change the attitude and negativity against the gypsies in Romania. There's too much hate in this country because of what they have done abroad for years and years. Practically made the whole world believing Romania is a gypsy's country. I was 100% sure before the show that if she's gonna mention the word "gypsy" or "rromani" she will be booed. But I say it again: I'm glad she speaks out her mind. Those who had enough brain to understand her message didn't boo her.

Bitch Got Booed: The Vadge Edition

Last night in Bucharest, Vadge got booed. For some of you, that little tidbit might be enough to keep you smiling in the soul for the rest of the day. So go with it. For the rest of you, Vadge got booed, because she told Romania that they need to stop discriminating against gays and gypsies. Tramps and thieves are still okay, I think.

Anyway, not everyone was loving Vadge's words and some showered her with boos. They need to watch out, because Madonna is bumping it with Baby Jesus! Baby Jesus could destroy them all with his sexyfaces and killer poses.

Speaking of Baby Jesus, whoever booed at Vadge should've saved it for this audacity below. In case you haven't seen it, here's a 15-second preview for Vadge's new video "Celebration" featuring Baby Jesus and Paul Oakenfold. At first, I booed, then I laughed, then I dry heaved, and then I don't really remember what happened after that. Paul Oakenfold's moves did not agree with my stomach. They should stamp a surgeon general's warning on this shit.

http://www.dlisted.com/

:lol:

Guest jamesshot

She got booed and booed good.

Going around various message boards, the language directed at gypsies is alarming. The hate is intense. My friend lived in Warsaw for 2 years and he said the hatred for gypsies was very very wide spread, especially in Romania.

The thing is, the same things said about gypsies has been said about Blacks, Jews, Indians, Gays.....basically any and every minority that ever existed.

People are filling message boards with extreme hate directed at gypsies and Madonna for defending them.

Note to Guy Oseary and Live Nation:

Skip racist/backwards ass shithole eastern European countries on the next tour..

The gypsies have done nothing other than try to survive in a Europe where they have been decimated and discriminated against for centuries. I'm so glad Madonna spoke up against the ugliness.

Guest jamesshot

^^ I don't think she should skip these places. She has a lot of fans in these countries. Every country has done atrocious things ( USA, UK, Germany) should she skip them as well?

Madonna is doing something she does well- shining a bright ol light on discrimination. The MORE she visits these places the MORE attention to this it will bring. That is a good thing.

One thing I love about her- she sees people not races/ethnicities/sexuality and all that other divisive stuff. Although I don't know her, she seems to be one of the most genuinely accepting person I have ever seen.

You just know if she were alive back in Hitlers day she would have spoken up and did things to piss his ass off.

^^ I don't think she should skip these places. She has a lot of fans in these countries. Every country has done atrocious things ( USA, UK, Germany) should she skip them as well?

Madonna is doing something she does well- shining a bright ol light on discrimination. The MORE she visits these places the MORE attention to this it will bring. That is a good thing.

One thing I love about her- she sees people not races/ethnicities/sexuality and all that other divisive stuff. Although I don't know her, she seems to be one of the most genuinely accepting person I have ever seen.

You just know if she were alive back in Hitlers day she would have spoken up and did things to piss his ass off.

If she got booed by racists anywhere else I'd say skip those bitches too. Her sentiments to that crowd were great, but she's not bringing any attention to the plight of the gypsies. All the media coverage is about her being booed. There's no spotlight on the systematic abuse and discrimination against the gypsies in Romania or anywhere else in Europe. Madonna sees the beauty of people in all of our diversity and similarities...it's what I've always loved about her. She's always practiced what she preached.

Guest jamesshot

^^ Someone *might* pick the story up and run with it. I was actually shocked when she was booed in Prague and I asked my friend, who lived for 2 years in Poland, about it and he said that yes, the gypsies were the most despised group and the hatred was very deep. So the story is there for someone to do. Will they now that she got booed and it made headlines? It is possible now because of her getting booed. I am wondering if she will get booed in Bulgaria as some on message boards are predictiing.

Are gypsies like that gurl esmeralda from the hunchback of notre dame? wats wrong with them?

There's absolutely nothing wrong with the gypsies. The people who hate them are all kinds of wrong and fucked up though.

Guest boytoyville

There was a headlining story on yahoo news about this and it has made the rounds on all the major media outlets. One of my friends sent me a text about it. All the headlines are "Madonna gets booed". It sounds bad if you don't read the full story.

Guest hot revolver

Despite getting booed, this could be a good thing for Madonna; shes always called a feminist and gay rights activists, and now she could shed some light on how gypsys are hated and mistreated. i didnt even kno this existed till now. shes def gonna make major headlines in the next few days cuz of it.

Guest boytoyville

^ Here is the video. It's not even that bad. The story is blown out of porportion.

Madonna talking about gypsies and homos :

Guest boytoyville

^ I bet it was hard for her to perform after that. It still wasn't as bad as the media made it out to be but I'm sure it was hard on her.

Hmmm...one could also take it as people were booing the idea of discrimination too, right? I realize they probably WERE booing the gypsies, but remember in Italy when people clapped when she announced the death of the stage workers. You can never really know how people are to be interpretted.

Anyway, I am glad she went to Bucharest. It looks like most people enjoyed the show.

Guest hot revolver

Hmmm...one could also take it as people were booing the idea of discrimination too, right? I realize they probably WERE booing the gypsies, but remember in Italy when people clapped when she announced the death of the stage workers. You can never really know how people are to be interpretted.

Anyway, I am glad she went to Bucharest. It looks like most people enjoyed the show.

I was thinkin that as well. brilliant minds think alike, aye?

No, believe me, they weren't booeing the idea of discrimination. People said they were booeing her because they got mad she was "preaching" , trying to give them "lessons" and she 'insulted' them by calling them gypsies, which is bullshit because she never did, but then again what can you ask from a bunch of morons who probably didn't even properly understand what she was trying to say and quickly got offended when there was nothing to feel offended for.

I'm sure she must've thought "The hell? what a fucked up nation" when she was trying to send a message of tolerance and that was the response she got.

One thing is certain tho, she's never coming back here. At least thats what I think.

Bitch Got Booed: The Vadge Edition

Last night in Bucharest, Vadge got booed. For some of you, that little tidbit might be enough to keep you smiling in the soul for the rest of the day. So go with it. For the rest of you, Vadge got booed, because she told Romania that they need to stop discriminating against gays and gypsies. Tramps and thieves are still okay, I think.

Anyway, not everyone was loving Vadge's words and some showered her with boos. They need to watch out, because Madonna is bumping it with Baby Jesus! Baby Jesus could destroy them all with his sexyfaces and killer poses.

The most ADMIRABLE thing she's done in ages - bring on the BOOS for stuff like this. :thumbsup:

Speaking of Baby Jesus, whoever booed at Vadge should've saved it for this audacity below. In case you haven't seen it, here's a 15-second preview for Vadge's new video "Celebration" featuring Baby Jesus and Paul Oakenfold. At first, I booed, then I laughed, then I dry heaved, and then I don't really remember what happened after that. Paul Oakenfold's moves did not agree with my stomach. They should stamp a surgeon general's warning on this shit.

Alas, this is the Madonna of today. :thumbsdown:

Guest gloriesbarcelona

?? I barely hear any booos in that youtube video

:confused:

I'm glad she spoke her mind too and she's always saying that anyway about any kind of discimination.

The problem with Roms is the bad image and reputation they have build up for themselves.

They rob, live like parasits on the society in a take/never give dynamic, never work, normally deal with drugs... These are no exaggerations, clichés or caricatures, THEY ARE FACTS!

Now don't get me wrong I have nothing against Roms as a principle, but I understand those who are tired of them, espacially if they've settled their camps and caravans just outside their house and live like pigs...

Guest gloriesbarcelona

why is she always fully clothed when shes goes swimming yet pretty much naked when shes working :lmao:

I know, it's hilarious. I think gimmesomemo is right about the sun though.