S&S - Bucharest, Romania - August 26

zephyralexxx

She's probably getting tired of moving her kids from city to city. She probably can't wait to be home when this tour is over. I wonder if she will even stay in Sofia when she gets there - or if she'll just board a plane to Tel Aviv as soon as that show is over.

She's probably getting tired of moving her kids from city to city. She probably can't wait to be home when this tour is over. I wonder if she will even stay in Sofia when she gets there - or if she'll just board a plane to Tel Aviv as soon as that show is over.

I think she'll go to Tel Aviv the next day. I feel so weird living with Madonna so close near her hotel in the same city for 5 days :lol:

I think she'll go to Tel Aviv the next day. I feel so weird living with Madonna so close near her hotel in the same city for 5 days :lol:

Is there anything cool to see in Bucharest? I know she's probably wiped out, but if I was in any European city I'd never been to, I'd want to get out and see the place.

Is there anything cool to see in Bucharest? I know she's probably wiped out, but if I was in any European city I'd never been to, I'd want to get out and see the place.

not really. except for some old buildings which defines Bucharest's old arhitecture (and most of them destroyed in the communist era '70-'80) I find this city boring. Maybe the nightlife remains mindblowing but in rest not something that it can pull her out from her hotel room. That's why she is staying for days in that damn hotel. :lol:

Note to Guy Oseary and Live Nation:

Skip racist/backwards ass shithole eastern European countries on the next tour..

The gypsies have done nothing other than try to survive in a Europe where they have been decimated and discriminated against for centuries. I'm so glad Madonna spoke up against the ugliness.

Again; uneducated ignorant and stupid answer from Afrolito.

You are so uneducated you make everything look so easy. Easily one of the most misinformed people i've ever read comments by.

Gypsies had a hard time for sure but you make everything look SOOOO easy.

I hope you are 10 and not older.

according to this french newspaper:

http://www.lemonde.fr/culture/article/2009/08/29/madonna-et-les-roms-hues-a-bucarest_1233317_3246.html

the crowd was mad from the beginning, a very poorly organized concert where most of the public could not see anything at all, and they could not breathe from the dust. when she made her speech is when they decided they could not take it anymore

Madonna avait promis aux Roumains un spectacle à la hauteur de leurs attentes, mais l'organisation du concert a été mal gérée. Malgré 1 000 kilowatts de lumière, 2 000 lasers, 160 enceintes et 120 m2 d'écrans vidéo, la plupart des spectateurs ne voyaient pas la scène, tandis que la poussière les empêchait de respirer. L'appel contre la discrimination des Roms est tombé sur un public hostile, d'autant que la majorité des Roumains déplorent qu'on les associe aux Roms, qu'ils considèrent comme responsables de la mauvaise image du pays. "J'ai payé cher mon billet, un quart de mon salaire, s'insurge Vlad, un jeune qui a hué Madonna. Je voulais voir un concert et je me suis retrouvé devant une donneuse de leçons. J'ai payé pour sa musique, pas pour son blabla." De leur côté, les associations locales de Roms ont protesté contre la réaction du public. Selon un sondage de l'Institut Gallup publié en 2008, un Roumain sur trois ne veut pas avoir de Roms parmi ses voisins.

according to this french newspaper:

http://www.lemonde.fr/culture/article/2009/08/29/madonna-et-les-roms-hues-a-bucarest_1233317_3246.html

the crowd was mad from the beginning, a very poorly organized concert where most of the public could not see anything at all, and they could not breathe from the dust. when she made her speech is when they decided they could not take it anymore

yeah, well, that was pretty much what bothered most of the people + the fact that, once again, she was late (she came on stage at 21:50); some actually booed her about 20 min before the concert had begun because of this