"Celebration": Forthcoming Video Discussion

As others have stated here, Gaga shares much with other 80's artists like Cyndi Lauper and Dale Bozzio plus others like Bowie and of course M is in there too. She's "ripping off" M just as much as M "ripped off" Marilyn, Marlene, Bowie, Deborah Harry, Michael Jackson, etc.

I don't see M as even ripping on Gaga with this outfit. It's not THAT outrageous of a dress. And there have always been wacky fashions out there, there just hasn't been as many high profile acts sporting them for awhile like Gaga or Roisin or even Gwen to an extent have over the past few years. The 80's had lots of singers in crazy get-ups like Cyndi, Boy George, and Grace Jones, and this trend of singers doing it again now is just a revival. Everything is cyclical.

from Perez

Oh, honey!

This is painful!

Our first look at these screen grabs from Madonna's new Celebration video…. hurts.

What were you thinking?!

With all the money she makes, you'd think she could at least afford a good wig!

She's still fierce, but looking a bit fug!!

Guest Coked Up Baby Boy

Oh dear, Madonna fans getting pissy of GaGa comparisons. I guess now they know how everyone else feels when every other artist is stamped with a Madonna copy label by M fans. Taste of your own medicine perhaps? :lmao:

??????????

some of the responses in this thread.... she looks like Gaga? because she's wearing couture and a bob??? she's never DONE THAT before.

and she would never DREAM of casting her model boyfriend in her own video... oh, oops!

tonyward_attitude_news.jpg

must this happen every time we get a cruddy screen cap of an upcoming madonna video? we get it...her face looks old, she's copying artists far younger than her yada yada yada... kylie, gaga, britney etc. must be so angry at all the money Madonna is making from HER copying THEM. it just seems so unfair! What do they get in the bargain?

Oh dear, Madonna fans getting pissy of GaGa comparisons. I guess now they know how everyone else feels when every other artist is stamped with a Madonna copy label by M fans. Taste of your own medicine perhaps? :lmao:

the shoulder pads are totally gaga and i don't see why anyone would be pissy over that

however let's be fair...she's done the blond bob way before

wiflfag/dwt/jump/ariake

I also didn't think of GaGa first, but of Roisin... Whatever, though. In the lower quality, I thought it looked like she was wearing a black-and-white checkered mini-dress. In these larger caps, I can see it's more like sequins/rhinestones. And the bow is kind of fitting for a celebration/party.

I'll wait for the video. The other graphics just go with the CELEBRATION album promo -- not necessarily the video look.

I hope we are not in for any 'Get Together' style animation. That really was the lowest point in her videography and way worse than Jump.

As for the look, it's all too reminiscent of Lady GaGa's look. I know GaGa is a clone of Madonna but in this case, M seems to be copying her and undoubtedly that is how many people will see it. Still, it's hard to judge from one still and a short clip on Facebook.

I actually think she looks amazing very 1960's! :thumbsup: can't wait 2 see the whole thing :), Too bad we didn't get another leotard I wanted a green one :dramatic:

Guest ursaminorjim

I hope we are not in for any 'Get Together' style animation. That really was the lowest point in her videography and way worse than Jump.

:blink:

Bananas. "Get together" was the only good video from that whole album!

:blink:

Bananas. "Get together" was the only good video from that whole album!

:lol:

I agree babe! :thumbsup:

Hung Up was a joy, but i find Get Together beautiful and lovely.

Sorry is just, "Madonna please say YOUR sorry for releasing that video."

Anyone who seriously thinks Madonna set out to look like someone as butt ugly as Gaga, is a moron....or 20 years old.

As someone has stated already, Madonna has had every possible look imaginable, and if she's referencing anyone, it's herself.

A few random stills (taken out of context), and people are jumping out of the windows. :wacko:

I am on the EDGE of my fucking seat anticipating the "Celebration" video.

I dont think I can wait another week.

and PLEASE people lets not tear apart the video based on a few screenshots, that is just ridiculous.

Just wait until the full releases to judge ;)

I must be the only one who thinks it looks awful. I hate paint splatter graphics so I wasn't sold on the Celebration art direction in the first place.

i believe teh paint splatter is done just for the TV AD to match the rest...