"Celebration": Forthcoming Video Discussion

what is the point in using a version that it´s not on the album?

Because, they obviously are doing everything they can to make sure the album sells the least amount of copies possible.

Brilliant marketing strategy. :thumbsup:

what is the point in using a version that it´s not on the album?

Oh god, the chart brigade is here to make me feel guilty now :lol: I don't like the album version. It sucks. I prefer the remix. Hence I'd like the remix to be in the video. It's a perference thing.

Because, they obviously are doing everything they can to make sure the album sells the least amount of copies possible.

Brilliant marketing strategy. :thumbsup:

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Oh god, the chart brigade is here to make me feel guilty now :lol: I don't like the album version. It sucks. I prefer the remix. Hence I'd like the remix to be in the video. It's a perference thing.

It's an awkward version to release to the masses. Also, it's missing a verse. I don't think it should be used. I hope it's not. But yeah, you're welcome to not like the album version and state your opinion. But I suspect you're going to be greatly disappointed because I have a feeling the album version is being used.

Guest ursaminorjim

It's an awkward version to release to the masses. Also, it's missing a verse. I don't think it should be used. I hope it's not. But yeah, you're welcome to not like the album version and state your opinion. But I suspect you're going to be greatly disappointed because I have a feeling the album version is being used.

Well, what masses, exactly? I mean, who do you think is going to be playing this video, MTV?

It's most likely only going to be seen by fans either watching it on YouTube or in a gay bar anyway. I don't really think it matters much which version they use. Besides, there's always the possibility there'll be two videos anyway- single mix and remix.

is it true theres a really steamy scene in the video where madonna undresses jesus?

I am not sure if it's "steamy", but there is mention she undresses him, but it may simply be her taking off a few layers of clothing. I guess we'll have to wait and see. Sounds like a wild video!!

From my understanding there is 2 videos one with the album version the other with the remix.

They also both will have some different scenes than the other. So both will be sorta new in a way.

Will they both debut on sept 1? I have no clue.

I don't love it; it looks like a GAP commercial. But at least it looks a lot better than what I was expecting. I thought it was going to be full of those awful paint splatters graphics ... UGH. I hope she got some decent moves/choreography going on in this video because it is the only thing that can really make this from a mediocre effort to something interesting. From the stills it looks like she will be doing her jerky JUMP-type moves again which will make her look like she doesn't know how to dance properly around these young professional dancers.

Good call. It may as well be her H&M advert part II. I like watching Madge in a vid not a load of extras from Step Up. Why can't she make an effort to appeal to her core fan base of ageing old queens and not a bunch of youngsters who thought Ray of Light was her first album?

New Video at http://www.madonna.com

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOH, Those Guys Are Sexy! :drool:

Good call. It may as well be her H&M advert part II. I like watching Madge in a vid not a load of extras from Step Up. Why can't she make an effort to appeal to her core fan base of ageing old queens and not a bunch of youngsters who thought Ray of Light was her first album?

So, What Would The Old Queens Like to See Madge Do?

Guest Danny86
Why can't she make an effort to appeal to her core fan base of ageing old queens and not a bunch of youngsters who thought Ray of Light was her first album?

Because that's what sets her apart from her 80s contemporaries. None of her successful eras happened because she appealed to her core fans. It's always a bonus if they still support her, but she wouldn't be on the level she is now if she only focused the same fanbase over again.

Because that's what sets her apart from her 80s contemporaries. None of her successful eras happened because she appealed to her core fans. It's always a bonus if they still support her, but she wouldn't be on the level she is now if she only focused the same fanbase over again.

BINGO :thumbsup:

So whoever said the video was taking place in a club, was obviously wrong

let's see what else is on the list:

-takes place in a club

-lola wears LAV wedding dress

-Jesus plays DJ

-Madonna undresses Jesus

Guest ursaminorjim

So, What Would The Old Queens Like to See Madge Do?

Whatever she wants, I suppose. I'm not really all that bothered - videos are pretty much a luxury these days. I do wish she'd use more of the approach she uses when making the films for her tours, though.

The more I see of the video, the cuter it looks, anyway. Still hate the dress, though. Too stiff and clunky.

And can we please stop calling her "Madge" already? It's so matronly... :lol: