"Celebration": Forthcoming Video Discussion

:chuckle: Seriously, what happened? I was watching some videos on youtube from The Virgin Tour a few weeks ago and she was such a natural dancer - so full of energy vitality and style. Now, its a hot mess every time she moves without the help of a choreographer. I miss her energetic spins also... can't remember the last time she did a triple spin... or even double. I think Tracey has a lot to do with it - that bitch and her aerobic/pseudo-dance routines. That leg up move she does in that clip is totally a Tracey-move.

Why are you here? I've yet to read one positive thing from you regarding Madonna? I don't mind difference of opinions. Hell, you're free to say what you like here. I am not saying you are not, but I just don't understand why you are even part of a community that is about appreciating Madonna when all you do is put her down? Maybe you were a fan sometime back, but I just feel like you're only here to just rile up people who enjoy her and not dissect and piss and moan about everything she does.

Guest waiting

Why are you here? I've yet to read one positive thing from you regarding Madonna? I don't mind difference of opinions. Hell, you're free to say what you like here. I am not saying you are not, but I just don't understand why you are even part of a community that is about appreciating Madonna when all you do is put her down? Maybe you were a fan sometime back, but I just feel like you're only here to just rile up people who enjoy her and not dissect and piss and moan about everything she does.

From what I understand no where does this board say it's strictly a Madonna appreciation forum. It is a Madonna discussion forum where people (fans, ex-fans and non-fans) come together to discuss her work. That's how I always understood it. I will praise her (and believe me I've been yearning to) when she shows me something that I'm impressed with. With each new video/performance I'm just as excited and hopeful that she will stun us with something grand and unexpected... but those moments are becoming more and more rare. Yet, I still continue to hope - which is why I stay. It pains me that Lady Gaga's videos have higher production value and stronger creative direction than M's latest efforts. I am no fan of Gaga's music, but that bitch impresses me with her crazy postmodern style since she reminds me of what M used to be in many ways.

Guest Coked Up Baby Boy

From what I understand no where does this board say it's strictly a Madonna appreciation forum. It is a Madonna discussion forum where people (fans, ex-fans and non-fans) come together to discuss her work.

Most normal thinking people think the same thing.

Can someone please show me where it states that this a is a discussion forum for ex fans and non fans to discus/hate/bitch about Madonna?

This is a FAN board...like all the other boards dedicated to FANS of other artists. Why anyone would waste their time and ours coming to a place to bash someone they clearly are over is just bizarre and strange. :wacko:

Can someone please show me where it states that this a is a discussion forum for ex fans and non fans to discus/hate/bitch about Madonna?

This is a FAN board...like all the other boards dedicated to FANS of other artists. Why anyone would waste their time and ours coming to a place to bash someone they clearly are over is just bizarre and strange. :wacko:

Thank you.

Guest Coked Up Baby Boy

It is a fan board, but that doesn't mean we can't discuss the pros and cons about Madonna. Every time someone says something negative here people tell them to "go away, why are you here?". Where else are they going to get to discuss her as a fan if not at a fan forum?

We're are all fans here. Some more than others, but we are all fans.

It is a fan board, but that doesn't mean we can't discuss the pros and cons about Madonna. Every time someone says something negative here people tell them to "go away, why are you here?". Where else are they going to get to discuss her as a fan if not at a fan forum?

There's a BIG difference between discuss the pros and cons about Madonna and whining for every sigle think like most of the "fans" here do.

Being critical of an artist you're a fan of fine...and healthy. My post is directed at the people who NEVER have a positive word to say about Madonna...EVER. Again...why waste time on someone they're not into anymore??

Guest waiting

What I don't understand is why people don't use the block option when it's available. I have no problem with people putting me on block if they don't like my posts and nothing is stopping them.

The shit that Waiting gets thrown at him, even if its by people who kinda deserve to get shit thrown at them too, is totally 100% valid n my opinion. The guy has every right to have an opinion but we all know he loves getting people riled up. He doesn't post an opinion if he knows it won't get responded to. There's a difference between an overly critical Madonna fan (Lucky Guy) and an all around brat (Waiting).

I've got my eye on you Waiting.

funny-pictures-your-cat-has-his-eyes-on-you.jpg

Guest Coked Up Baby Boy

Afro, it probably isn't about people NOT being fans anymore though. Maybe they haven't liked her output for the last few years. Maybe they hope she'll come up with something they like one day, so they stick around because they still enjoy some of her old music :dazed:

There are a couple chronic complainers here, but get them started on an era they like and i'm sure we'll see them geek out over Madonna. This whole thing about EVERYONE here being negative though is just rubbish. There's mixed opinions on here just like any other artist forum.

Maybe i missed it, but i've never seen ONE person here say "i'm not Madonna fan anymore" and then continue to hang around and post.

But whatever, no biggie. Just saying.

The shit that Waiting gets thrown at him, even if its by people who kinda deserve to get shit thrown at them too, is totally 100% valid n my opinion. The guy has every right to have an opinion but we all know he loves getting people riled up. He doesn't post an opinion if he knows it won't get responded to. There's a difference between an overly critical Madonna fan (Lucky Guy) and an all around brat (Waiting).

vlcsnap-1227609-jKG.png

Guest waiting

I don't love getting people riled up at all - I just need to state my dissatisfaction and oftentimes only agree with others. If I love getting people riled up I would post in every single thread where bitching is involved but I made no complaints about her GH tracklist because it didn't bother me. Plus I almost never start threads - if I wanted people to respond to me I would start making some in the fashion of seancannon. They chooses to get riled up by not blocking me despite constantly complaining about me. You would think if someone's posts continually annoys you, you would just block them. Its so easy but they REFUSE to do it - maybe they secretly enjoy reading them even though they say they can't stand it? I can't think of any other reason.

Guest Not4Pussies

:lol:

we literally spent HOURS on it. its was great!!! i started with a little skepticism regarding the track listing and by the time we made the play list up and intellectualized the song, when it was released, its effect, then the songs segue and everything over the last 25 years (and the more pot i smoked!!) - it was all really clear and fun and it made such sense and i dont want to speak for scrap, but i was getting very excited!!! :rotfl:

it was LOON CENTRAL!!! and yet sooooooooooooooooo much fun. xo

that sounds like a lot of fun

i wanna do that!!!

did celebration sound good right after cherish?

great, lets continue.

WOO HOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SO EXCITED!!!

went through the tracklisting last night with scrapple and they really did a phenomenal job. we made a mock version using what we had as the tracklisting and came up with great theories and the segues of the songs were great. its really quite smart the way they put it together. we broke it down in BLOCKS. like the first 5 songs, why and what they represent and we had a field day. we went through the entire collection. it was fantastic.

looking very forward to all of this!!! :thumbsup:

That sounds like fun! please share pud i would love to hear ur opinion.

well, im glad this is separate. there is too much merging going on in here - really, who wants to scan through all those complaints to see madonna? oakenfeld should die, this sucks, its looks like a gap ad, this is an embarssment, etc. so over it. moe is REAL FAN.

thanks.

Yes, thanks to Moe for starting this separate thread... I couldn't slog through the other one anymore. (Although someone reposted this on the last page, and I was VERY grateful!)

I might not have internet access within 4 days.

pattilabelleforeveryoun.gifpattilabelleforeveryoun.gif

pattilabelleforeveryoun.gifpattilabelleforeveryoun.gif

This really sucks.

No, no! You can't be without internet access! I will miss all your fun GIF reaction posts! They are fab and I enjoy them (just thought I should let you know I'm grateful -- they make me laugh).

No, no! You can't be without internet access! I will miss all your fun GIF reaction posts! They are fab and I enjoy them (just thought I should let you know I'm grateful -- they make me laugh).

Awww thanks....glad someone appreciates me. haha.

I will be back though...I might be gone for a week or two at the most.

It just sucks I might miss the premiere of the Celebration video...seeing as how I have been waiting all month for it.

pattilabelleforeveryoun.gif