"Celebration" OFFICIAL TRACKLIST!

cosmic_system

Guest dicktracy

Deeper and Deeper was a hit you're right. It's shit like Everybody that's taking up much needed space on the double CD. This is suppose to be a HITS collection.

:blink:

That's the song that got her a record contract... if I were her I'd celebrate it. The CD is called Celebration, not The Best of... or Greatest Hits. Yeah, they call it a greatest hits because it is a compilation of her singles; it's the category it fits. Everybody means a lot to her I'm sure. Deeper & Deeper was the second track of her first 'flop' and though it is a nice song, I doubt it means that much to her. She obviously doesn't want to celebrate it.

As for Burning Up, it is her most "new wave/post punk" song IMO and it evokes her leader of a rock band period. It's like peeking at where things could have gone if she had not veered toward dance music and became more rock leaning. No wonder it was the song chosen to be played at the Rock N' Roll Hall of Fame induction ceremony. It's very Blondie.

Anyway, I understand that people are upset because some songs are ommitted. She has too many to fit the format. However, that does not mean that because a song did not chart as or or at all, it is crap.

I love that she chose to celebrate some of her 'flops'. She's MADONNA, she can. If this was any other artists, it would have all of her #1's and Top 5's, etc... SHE DOES NOT NEED TO PROVE THAT SHE ONCE RULED THE CHARTS. Everybody knows that. So why not elevate some of her least known favorite songs by bunching them together with her biggest hits and selling it to people that wouldn't know which ones did not chart in the Top 40?

She obviously wants to be remembered by these songs. And be certain that she is pretty much in control of what makes it and what doesn't.

I agree. There should be more Erotica tracks on this shitty GH album. This tracklisting is identical to the IC tracklisting with a few others thrown in. How Deeper And Deeper could be left off in favour of tracks like Everybody and Die Another Day is fucked up!

16 IC tracks and 20 non-IC tracks....I really don't think that 20 tracks (over half of the collection) can be described as "a few others".

Mad_On_Her, I don't think I've seen you say a good word about anything that Madonna has done over the past five years or so. Do you like any of her recent work or do you only like her older stuff? Just curious.

That's the song that got her a record contract... if I were her I'd celebrate it. The CD is called Celebration, not The Best of... or Greatest Hits. Yeah, they call it a greatest hits because it is a compilation of her singles; it's the category it fits. Everybody means a lot to her I'm sure. Deeper & Deeper was the second track of her first 'flop' and though it is a nice song, I doubt it means that much to her. She obviously doesn't want to celebrate it.

As for Burning Up, it is her most "new wave/post punk" song IMO and it evokes her leader of a rock band period. It's like peeking at where things could have gone if she had not veered toward dance music and became more rock leaning. No wonder it was the song chosen to be played at the Rock N' Roll Hall of Fame induction ceremony. It's very Blondie.

Anyway, I understand that people are upset because some songs are ommitted. She has too many to fit the format. However, that does not mean that because a song did not chart as or or at all, it is crap.

I love that she chose to celebrate some of her 'flops'. She's MADONNA, she can. If this was any other artists, it would have all of her #1's and Top 5's, etc... SHE DOES NOT NEED TO PROVE THAT SHE ONCE RULED THE CHARTS. Everybody knows that. So why not elevate some of her least known favorite songs by bunching them together with her biggest hits and selling it to people that wouldn't know which ones did not chart in the Top 40?

She obviously wants to be remembered by these songs. And be certain that she is pretty much in control of what makes it and what doesn't.

All very good points but... MILES AWAY? I know, I'll get over it eventually.

All very good points but... MILES AWAY? I know, I'll get over it eventually.

I'm not sure how well Burning Up is known outside Madonna circles. It wasn't released at all in the UK. I doubt it really did much chartwise across the rest of Europe either. Still, between BU and Miles Away, I would dump Miles Away.

It mentions Dress You Up LP edit - there wasn't an edit of the LP version? Do they mean just the standard LP version?

Dress You Up was a huge hit. Remembered by everyone who watched MTV (the Virgin Tour Video, the height of madonna-wannabes) and it also had a boost with that GAP commercial.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="

name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

"Celebration" 2CD and 1CD Tracklists

The U.S. WEA Distribution business-to-business Web site has updated their database to include the tracklist. Doesn't specificy which *versions,* but it does list the songs.

ARTIST: Madonna

TITLE: Celebration (2CD)

Label: WB/Warner Bros.

Config & Selection #: CD 521096

Street Date: 09/29/09

Order Due Date: 09/09/09

UPC: 093624972969

Box Count: 30

Units Per Set: 2

SRP: $24.98

TRACKS

Hung Up

Music

Vogue

4 Minutes

Holiday

Everybody

Like A Virgin

Into The Groove

Like A Prayer

Ray Of Light

Sorry

Express Yourself

Open Your Heart

Borderline

Secret

Erotica

Justify My Love

Revolver

Dress You Up

Material Girl

La Isla Bonita

Papa Don't Preach

Lucky Star

Burning Up

Crazy For You

Who's That Girl

Frozen

Miles Away

Take A Bow

Live To Tell

Beautiful Stranger

Hollywood

Die Another Day

Don't Tell Me

Cherish

Celebration

ARTIST: Madonna

TITLE: Celebration

Label: WB/Warner Bros.

Config & Selection #: CD 289404

Street Date: 09/29/09

Order Due Date: 09/09/09

UPC: 093624992745

Box Count: 30

Units Per Set: 1

SRP: $18.98

TRACKS

Hung Up

Music

Vogue

4 Minutes

Holiday

Like A Virgin

Into The Groove

Like A Prayer

Ray Of Light

La Isla Bonita

Frozen

Material Girl

Papa Don't Preach

Lucky Star

Express Yourself

Open Your Heart

Dress You Up

Celebration

Guest Danny86

Thanks Chris!

We will only be sure about the versions when we're listening to the CDs ourselves, since I doubt they will be officially mentioned. The bookled might only contain credits like "remastering by" or "remixed by".

I really like this track list. The only song I hate is Hollywood. Why is that flop included? I love Burning Up but I would leave it off. I'd say incl. TB, CAC, D&D, Rain, DCFMA (Miami Mix),YS, TPOG, TUTBMP or IR instead of these two.

But I'm happy with the track list I expected much worse from Warner.

^^ I would expect 3 million worldwide and 300k in the UK.

Serious 300k in the uk? It'll probably do that in the first 2-3 weeks.

This is going to be a Xmas present lots of people will want.

Plus the 80s nostalga is big here in the UK right now so that will push this 80s heavy collection.

Plus x factor! That'll shift units if she appears.

I'm confident of 1 million in the uk!

Serious 300k in the uk? It'll probably do that in the first 2-3 weeks.

This is going to be a Xmas present lots of people will want.

Plus the 80s nostalga is big here in the UK right now so that will push this 80s heavy collection.

Plus x factor! That'll shift units if she appears.

I'm confident of 1 million in the uk!

afrolito will love you to death. :1251:

Reality?

Have you read HG's Madonna Airplay Weekly Report thread? You can find out how many times BU & Everybody were being spined. Dun be surprised if you find out shit like "Sidewalk Talk" has more spins than Everybody.

I could care less about HG, and his weekly airplay snooze report. BU and Everybody are CLASSICS that laid the foundation of her legend, and are beloved by fans who have followed her from the beginning. You obviously arrived at the party a short while ago.

I could care less about HG, and his weekly airplay snooze report. BU and Everybody are CLASSICS that laid the foundation of her legend, and are beloved by fans who have followed her from the beginning. You obviously arrived at the party a short while ago.

:lmao::thumbsup:

im sorry to squash whatever bizarre dreams you have horn but both everybody AND burning up are two of her biggest well known hits TO NON FANS. i dont care that they NEVER charted - people know and LOVE those WAY MORE than anything from 92 on.

That hasn't been my experience. In my 25 years as a fan, I've never met a casual listener who knew "Burning Up." I've never even heard it on the radio. "Deeper & Deeper," on the other hand, still gets played on the radio in my area (though I'm not sure about elsewhere in the country), and non-fans that I talk to seem to remember it fondly.

I know there isn't room for everything, and I also know that there's always going to be something great that has to be left off, but I would've swapped out "BU" for "D&D."

Meanwhile, I wouldn't trade the inclusion of "Everybody" on this compilation for anything -- it's the song that started it all.

Erm, thanks for that round of kind words, afro. Very called-for and necessary, at that.

Anyhow, I'm in agreement, about the classic status of "Everybody" and "Burning Up," despite their lack of play. So not sure why you felt compelled to respond the way you did to that poster.

Anyhow... WB lists those tracks in a slightly different order near the end of disc 2. Wonder if that is how they will appear, or just a random listing.

Hopefully, the double CD will have soime nice discounts- $24.98 is a little steep. Garth Brooks' Ultimate Hits was $11.98 at Wal-Mart, and look at all those Essential double CDs that Wal-Mart sometimes sells for $14.98. I don't know if WB will go THAT low, though.

Guest Danny86
Anyhow... WB lists those tracks in a slightly different order near the end of disc 2. Wonder if that is how they will appear, or just a random listing.

LTT and "Everybody" are slightly moved up and they already appeared like that in the rebecca-carlson tracklist I posted, so I'd say that's the final version, LTT fits better with the rest of the ballads.

Erm, thanks for that round of kind words, afro. Very called-for and necessary, at that.

Anyhow, I'm in agreement, about the classic status of "Everybody" and "Burning Up," despite their lack of play. So not sure why you felt compelled to respond the way you did to that poster.

Hopefully, the double CD will have soime nice discounts- $24.98 is a little steep. Garth Brooks' Ultimate Hits was $11.98 at Wal-Mart, and look at all those Essential double CDs that Wal-Mart sometimes sells for $14.98. I don't know if WB will go THAT low, though.

yeah, 25 bucks......

Guest Coked Up Baby Boy

That hasn't been my experience. In my 25 years as a fan, I've never met a casual listener who knew "Burning Up."

Same here. This world wide love for Everybody and Burning Up is news to me. Most casual listeners i've met tend to only own Immaculate, so they are more familiar with Lucky Star and Holiday. I don't know anyone outside of actual fans who know Everybody.

In saying that though, i do think they should be on the album.

Burning Up id say is more popular than Everybody

And if you wanna talk about well known, ALOT of people know about Where's The Party, mkay.

In my 25 years as a fan, I've never met a casual listener who knew "Burning Up." I've never even heard it on the radio.

Absolutely agree. Nobody who is a non-Madonna fan knows these songs. The inclusion of 'Everybody' I can understand because it's her first release...but 'Burning Up' doesn't make sense despite it being one of my all-time favourite Madonna tracks. I don't care if it was a big hit in some underground New York tranny shamehole - that doesn't make it a hit.