"Celebration" OFFICIAL TRACKLIST!

cosmic_system

:shock::rant:

:D

LOL. I love "Burning Up" ... it's actually my favorite track on MADONNA. I just don't think it's necessary on this collection. It's no more of a hit than "Hollywood" or "Miles Away." Sure, it had a great video, but that was never really played until after she hit the big time. Five tracks from MADONNA is kind of a snooze ...

I love "Burning Up," but I don't think it belongs on this. But obviously Madonna does, and that's what counts!

All 5 singles from the first album is too much. One COULD be removed and replaced with Deeper and Deeper.

Guest Danny86

Rebecca_Carlson posted this at Fanzine:

Sorry to be another person posting a track list....but the below is said to be the final track listing. I went through 2 cartons of candles and 8 bottles of champagne to extract this info from my "gentleman caller"

It's unclear which versions are being used. He passed out before I could get that info

PS: Don't tell Frank

One Disc Version:

1) Hung Up

2) Music

3) Vogue

4) 4 Minutes

5) Holiday

6) Like A Virgin

7) Into The Groove

8 Like A Prayer

9) Ray Of Light

10 La Isla Bonita

11) Frozen

12) Material Girl

13) Papa Don't Preach

14) Lucky Star

15) Express Yourself

16) Open Your Heart

17) Dress You Up

18 Celebration

Two Disc Version:

Disc One

1) Hung Up

2) Music

3) Vogue

4) 4 Minutes

5) Holiday

6) Everybody

7) Like A Virgin

8 Into The Groove

9) Like A Prayer

10 Ray Of Light

11) Sorry

12) Express Yourself

13) Open Your Heart

14) Borderline

15) Secret

16) Erotica

17) Justify My Love

18 Revolver

Disc Two

1) Dress You Up

2) Material Girl

3) La Isla Bonita

4) Papa Don't Preach

5) Lucky Star

6) Burning Up

7) Crazy For You

8 Who's That Girl

9) Frozen

10 Miles Away

11) Take A Bow

12) Live To Tell

13) Beautiful Stranger

14) Hollywood

15) Die Another Day

16) Don't Tell Me

17) Cherish

18 Celebration

Your pal,

Rebecca

I don't see any differences in the 2 CD tracklist Tribe reported, except that "Live To Tell" was moved up to the ballad section.

Shocked that no "Crazy For You" or "Take A Bow" on the single disc!

Those "filler" tracks i.e. Hollywood, Burning Up, Everybody, Miles Away are STILL there...

Since the GH tracklisting gonna be in non-chronological order, why bother adding "Everybody"?

Should've replaced it for CAC, TUTBMP, D&D, IR & AP. :americanlife: TB is another choice but having 5 tracks from the same album is too much (Just like 1st album).

Guest patrickovy

Dress You Up and Open Your Heart shouldn't be on single CD. I like those songs, but Warner should take Take a Bow and Erotica instead of them.

And no Revolver on 1cd version!? Can it be another single then?

What's the poin of the single cd anyway? Very sad tracklist, with no songs from Erotica, Bedtime Stories and American Life.Yes, I know these are her "flop" albums but come on..

Single disc is meant for non-fans with limited budget.

It's not meant for die hard fans like u and me.

Those "filler" tracks i.e. Hollywood, Burning Up, Everybody, Miles Away are STILL there...

Since the GH tracklisting gonna be in non-chronological order, why bother adding "Everybody"?

Should've replaced it for CAC, TUTBMP, D&D, IR & AP. :americanlife: TB is another choice but having 5 tracks from the same album is too much (Just like 1st album).

I agree with you. We don't need Everybody here. But Deeper and Deeper, c´mon, it´s a great track, a real dance gem... TUTBMP is a beautiful ballad and TB has never been included in GH compilation... I don´t think they´re taking fans´opinions seriously...

I'm surprised deeper and deeper isn't there.

She doesn't like TUTBMP if she did it wouldn't have been kept off GHV2.

True Blue I think is a song she would like to forger. Maybe it reminds her of the marriage to Sean Penn.

I am more shocked she kept Give it 2 me off. She clearly loves it and it's the last song of the tour. But I totally see Miles Away deserves its place on here for the Japanese succes it has had. I also love the song too.

Overall I like the tracklisting . It includes the key songs I wanted and hopefully 2 versions I want the original LAP and ITG not TIC versions.

For me Whos that girl was the song I really wanted remastered version of. Hopefully now I'll soon have it :)

Guest Danny86

I agree with you. We don't need Everybody here. But Deeper and Deeper, c´mon, it´s a great track, a real dance gem... TUTBMP is a beautiful ballad and TB has never been included in GH compilation... I don´t think they´re taking fans´opinions seriously...

What makes you think the general opinion among fans agrees with those tracks? TB is not a loved song at all and it seems people want it on this GH only for the sake of it (or because they are obsessed with the hits omitted from TIC getting spotlight), not because of the song's actual merits. Myself and probably several other fans gladly take "Everybody" over the 3 songs you listed.

Also, "Deeper And Deeper" is becoming one of her most overrated songs ever. I don't know who decided that it's among her most essential songs, because it never was, except for the fans who discovered Madonna in 1992-93. Is it because it was the opening song on GHV2 or what? The only chance it could be on Celebration is if "Erotica" was dropped, because there's no room for 2 songs from that album and very naive to think Warner would all of a sudden do some Erotica re-evaluation.

Guest Pud Whacker

Everybody is ESSENTIAL. before all her ray of lighters came along everybody was a big hit in the early 80's even though it didnt chart. it was being played well throughout the 80's in clubs - latino, black, gay, straight. thats what her early fans know and that is the song that got the party started.

if anything, they should replace erotica with deeper and deeper. with justify my love on there, nobody needs the stupid justify my love wannabe, erotica.

and this is the final word on that.

Guest Danny86

Everybody is ESSENTIAL. before all her ray of lighters came along everybody was a big hit in the early 80's even though it didnt chart. it was being played well throughout the 80's in clubs - latino, black, gay, straight. thats what her early fans know and that is the song that got the party started.

if anything, they should replace erotica with deeper and deeper. with justify my love on there, nobody needs the stupid justify my love wannabe, erotica.

Agreed about "Everybody", it's essential and it should not be snubbed just because radio didn't play Madonna back then.

As for "Erotica", I agree with it kind of being a JML wannabe, but then D&D would be the "Vogue" wannabe. While "Erotica" at least has a different production than JML, D&D borrowed too much from "Vogue", not just that lyric-sample at the end. But "Rain" would have been the best choice from Erotica in my opinion.

The LORD has spoken!!

ABSOLUTELY!

I think they had to select Erotica. Long term I think it's still the most remembered song from the erotica album.

For me personally I'd have put on you'll see and true blue but honestly I don't know what I'd take off.

I'm proud to be a fan and this legacy greatest hits will appeal to lots of people who remember times of their lives from listening to her music. I really see this selling lots all over the world.

The lord aint no Pud. Our lord and savor is Whoopiedoo.

Burning Up and Miles Away need to be removed.

Replaced by Deeper & Deeper and I'll Remember.

Hollywood is optional with your choice of replacement.

I agree.

Rebecca_Carlson posted this at Fanzine:

Sorry to be another person posting a track list....but the below is said to be the final track listing. I went through 2 cartons of candles and 8 bottles of champagne to extract this info from my "gentleman caller"

It's unclear which versions are being used. He passed out before I could get that info

PS: Don't tell Frank

One Disc Version:

1) Hung Up

2) Music

3) Vogue

4) 4 Minutes

5) Holiday

6) Like A Virgin

7) Into The Groove

8 Like A Prayer

9) Ray Of Light

10 La Isla Bonita

11) Frozen

12) Material Girl

13) Papa Don't Preach

14) Lucky Star

15) Express Yourself

16) Open Your Heart

17) Dress You Up

18 Celebration

Two Disc Version:

Disc One

1) Hung Up

2) Music

3) Vogue

4) 4 Minutes

5) Holiday

6) Everybody

7) Like A Virgin

8 Into The Groove

9) Like A Prayer

10 Ray Of Light

11) Sorry

12) Express Yourself

13) Open Your Heart

14) Borderline

15) Secret

16) Erotica

17) Justify My Love

18 Revolver

Disc Two

1) Dress You Up

2) Material Girl

3) La Isla Bonita

4) Papa Don't Preach

5) Lucky Star

6) Burning Up

7) Crazy For You

8 Who's That Girl

9) Frozen

10 Miles Away

11) Take A Bow

12) Live To Tell

13) Beautiful Stranger

14) Hollywood

15) Die Another Day

16) Don't Tell Me

17) Cherish

18 Celebration

Your pal,

Rebecca

I don't see any differences in the 2 CD tracklist Tribe reported, except that "Live To Tell" was moved up to the ballad section.

Shocked that no "Crazy For You" or "Take A Bow" on the single disc!

I'm just happy with the tracklist, perfectness.