"Celebration" OFFICIAL TRACKLIST!

cosmic_system

Guest Danny86

"Um, I'm still pissed off with Pharrell cause of the way he made me cry so no, "Give it 2 Me" won't get on. Let's just line JT and Timbo's pockets some more with my royalties. Yeah."

I'm kissing the ground that True Blue didn't make it :rotfl: One of my most hated Madonna "hits" EVER..

:lmao: at these!

I think "Miles Away" has the edge of being her last Warner single or something, and maybe Warner considers it a safer song...

And yes, I guess "American Life" the song is officially written out of her career now.

:lmao: American Life is finally FORGOTTEN.

That 20 minutes or so on CD 2, from Tracks 10 to 14 will be a bit of a DRAG. But Live To Tell will sparkle even brighter after those DUDS, even if it is unnecessarily hidden at the end of the second disc.

And :lmao: at how she's AGAIN trying to cement DAD and Hollywood's legacy. It's not going to happen.

But CD1, bar the inclusion of Sorry, is arguably the STRONGEST greatest hits single disc in decades.

Agreed on Hollywood (although I love it) but Die Another Day was her last big airplay single stateside (not counting 4 Minutes) so it does deserve a spot on here. Plus I really think it's a fantastic song, personally.

What's wrong with Sorry though? That song was another worldwide smash for her (not counting the USA of course).

Agreed on Hollywood (although I love it) but Die Another Day was her last big airplay single stateside (not counting 4 Minutes) so it does deserve a spot on here. Plus I really think it's a fantastic song, personally.

What's wrong with Sorry though? That song was another worldwide smash for her (not counting the USA of course).

Nothing wrong with it per se. But wouldn't you agree it sticks out like a sore thumb amongst the others? Anyway, it doesn't matter as the rest of the CD is fucking FABULOUS. :wow:

So this is the breakdown:

The 80s - 18 Hits

Madonna - 5 (Everybody, Burning Up, Holiday, Lucky Star, Borderline)

Like a Virgin - 3 (Material Girl, Like a Virgin, Dress You Up) (missing: Angel)

Vision Quest - 1 (Crazy For You) (missing: Gambler)

Desperately Seeking Susan - 1 (Into the Groove)

True Blue - 4 (Papa Don't Preach, Open Your Heart, Live to Tell, La Isla Bonita) (missing: True Blue)

Who's That Girl - 1 (Who's That Girl) (missing: Causing a Commotion, The Look of Love)

Like a Prayer - 3 (Like a Prayer, Express Yourself, Cherish) (missing: Oh Father, Dear Jessie, Keep it Together)

The 90s - 8 Hits

I'm Breathless - 1 (Vogue) (missing: Hanky Panky)

The Immaculate Collection - 1 (Justify My Love) (missing: Rescue Me)

Erotica - 1 :shock:(Erotica) (missing: Deeper and Deeper, Bad Girl, Fever, Bye Bye Baby, Rain)

Bedtime Stories - 2 (Secret, Take a Bow) (missing: Bedtime Story, Human Nature)

Something to Remember - 0 :((missing: I Want You, I'll Remember, You'll See, This Used to Be My Playground, One More Chance)

Evita - 0 :D(missing: You Must Love Me, Don't Cry For Me Argentina, Another Suitcase in Another Hall, Buenos Aires)

Ray of Light - 2 (Ray of Light, Frozen) (missing: Drowned World, The Power of Goodbye, Nothing Really Matters)

Austin Powers - 1 (Beautiful Stranger)

The 00s - 8 Hits

The Next Best Thing - 0 (missing: American Pie)

Music - 2 (Music, Don't Tell Me) (missing: What it Feels Like For a Girl)

American Life - 2 (Hollywood, Die Another Day) (missing: American Life, Nothing Fails, Love Profusion)

Confessions on a Dance Floor - 2 (Hung Up, Sorry) (missing: Get Together, Jump)

Hard Candy - 2 (4 Minutes, Miles Away) (missing: Give it 2 Me)

Other - 0 (missing: Me Against the Music, Hey You)

For some reason some people seem to have it in their head that now it's cool to hate on "Sorry."

Well, pardon but the pun, but SORRY cause that memo don't exist so shut yo' mouves muthafukkas.

"Thorry" ith drama queen gay gay gay fabulouthneth :wow:

It's a celebration!

All Evita Stuff is a Desperation!

Miles AWAY is her celebration of life!

BYE BYE GUY!!!!

I'm going to fxxk NOW!!!!

Let's Celebrate!!!

And :wow: wow: :wow: at Everybody being sandwiched between ITG and Like A Prayer. Most casuals have probably never even HEARD it before, especially in the UK where it wasn't released as a single. Its inclusion will elevate its legacy and secure its rightful place alongside the other MEGAHITS in the Madonna canon.

Guest Danny86

I don't understand the HATE for Evita and that amazing song that is "You Must Love Me".

I guess it was a credits problem as Danny said, since she loved that album (but DCFMA was on GHV2..so..I don't really get it).

But on GHV2, only 2 songs were not written by her, while this one already has more than that, so maybe that's the reason.

Madonna is clearly obsessed with Evita, so the only other reason is Warner deciding it's not contemporary or commercial enough.

I do miss YMLM as well but at least it will be a tour DVD highlight. :thumbsup:

Maybe Warner forced her to choose between Evita and "Miles Away"? :lmao:

Boys boys boys, we still don't know the DVD tracklist. I'm hoping that a lot of the omissions from the CD will be there on DVD at least so we'll all be happy.

And yes I'm thinking "I'll Remember", "You Must Love Me", "Don't Cry for me Argentina", "You'll See", "I Want You" etc.

Guest Pud Whacker

CD 1:

01) Hung Up

02) Music

03) Vogue

04) 4 Minutes

05) Holiday

06) Like A Virgin

07) Into The Groove

08) Everybody

09) Like A Prayer

10) Ray Of Light

11) Sorry

12) Express Yourself

13) Open Your Heart

14) Borderline

15) Secret

16) Erotica

17) Justify My Love

18) Celebration

CD 2:

01) Dress You Up

02) Material Girl

03) La Isla Bonita

04) Papa Don't Preach

05) Lucky Star

06) Burning Up

07) Crazy For You

08) Who's That Girl

09) Frozen

10) Miles Away

11) Take A Bow

12) Beautiful Stranger

13) Hollywood

14) Die Another Day

15) Don't Tell Me

16) Live To Tell

17) Cherish

18) Revolver

madonnatribe

oh burning up, everybody, whos that girl, dress you up...they got it right.

Yes, it makes the MOST sense to have clips on the DVD of songs not on the CD. That way this GH is the most comprehensive.

Considering the fact that they basically shortchanged "Erotica" by only including ONE track, all FIVE videos better be on this.

While I think it's a tight list and most likely accurate, but how do we know this is "official"?? I certainly hope it is though. But for the life of me, I can't understand how "Miles Away" was something to include when there are a number of #1 and #2 songs omitted that are far more memorable from her catalog. In fact, I'd prefer "Give it 2 Me" to be on it, considering it was a minor hit everywhere except Japan. But c'mon when we have classics like "True Blue" and "Causing a Commotion" being ignored and two of her biggest ballads "I'll Remember" and TUTBMP, surely they are going to be more appreciated than "Miles Away".

Anyway, I like the set list. And I do like "Miles Away". I also am excited to see "Burning Up" on that list. I wasn't expecting that. Hopefully both "Everybody" and "Burning Up" will be included on the video/DVD.

Wow finally we get this.

I'm glad that none from Evita is included. Evita is a musical and keeping it that way is great coz the soundtrack fits on its own.

Im not glad about Miles Away but I understand that it was included coz it was so fucking huge in Japan. Honestly though, if it was up to me (and to please all markets) I would have I'll Remember on there instead of Miles Away. And the Japanese edition can have Miles Away instead of I'll Remember.

I would have also loved it if Bad Girl was on it.

On the other hand maybe it was good not to include: Rain, I'll Remember and You'll See this way the new GH wouldn't take much of the weight from STR but most than likely replaced/overshadowed IC. I hope IC would still be respected and appreciated though.

Oh and I'm glad that Material Girl and Like a Virgin have been separated. They always were the over-rated twins to me.

While I think it's a tight list and most likely accurate, but how do we know this is "official"?? I certainly hope it is though. But for the life of me, I can't understand how "Miles Away" was something to include when there are a number of #1 and #2 songs omitted that are far more memorable from her catalog. In fact, I'd prefer "Give it 2 Me" to be on it, considering it was a minor hit everywhere except Japan. But c'mon when we have classics like "True Blue" and "Causing a Commotion" being ignored and two of her biggest ballads "I'll Remember" and TUTBMP, surely they are going to be more appreciated than "Miles Away".

Anyway, I like the set list. And I do like "Miles Away". I also am excited to see "Burning Up" on that list. I wasn't expecting that. Hopefully both "Everybody" and "Burning Up" will be included on the video/DVD.

AGAIN?!?!?! :lmao:

it's madonnatribe.we KNOW it's official.end of the story.le'ts celebrate.

AGAIN?!?!?! :lmao:

it's madonnatribe.we KNOW it's official.end of the story.le'ts celebrate.

"AGAIN"??? Not following?

And remind me how Madonnatribe suddenly became an "official source"? Keep in mind, I am not doubting it's not true, but if MT has some official source they are pulling it from, I think that should be mentioned, since anyone could think this is just another set list pulled out of a head of a rabid and wishful thinking fan.

"AGAIN"??? Not following?

And remind me how Madonnatribe suddenly became an "official source"? Keep in mind, I am not doubting it's not true, but if MT has some official source they are pulling it from, I think that should be mentioned, since anyone could think this is just another set list pulled out of a head of a rabid and wishful thinking fan.

Everybody knows that when Madonnatribe post something it's official even if it's not madonna.com

So no, you are probably the only one thinking it's another fake setlist.Why do you care about the source?I really don't get it.