"Celebration" OFFICIAL TRACKLIST!

cosmic_system

I'm sorry. With all due respect, are you guys RETARDED? I mean, for real! Burning Up and Everybody shouldn't be included?!? Proposterous! Casual fans NOT knowing Burning Up? RIDICULOUS! As someone already said, it's obvious all you guys saying such things are "new to the party"!

I've loved M since the mid 80's. Amongst my huge circle of family and friends, I am the ONLY Madonna nut; and they ALL know and love Burning Up. It's one of her most loved 80's songs and casual fans that GREW UP IN THE 80'S, or that were, at least, older than fetuses when the song came out KNOW the song....AND, like it! (I have an inkling THESE people are, also, gonna be the ones to, mostly, buy "Celebration".)

I DJ, and whenever I play an 80's mix and include Burning Up, the crowd (composed of "casual fans" AND "haters") goes Ape Caca Crazy! And Madonna freakin' made a VIDEO for it, too! The song was a classic here in NYC and was played in ALL the clubs. I just can't take reading more of this rubbish about how Burning Up shouldn't be included and that nobody knows it...or Everybody. Ha! Hysterical. And, yes, I hear BOTH Burning Up AND Everybody on the radio, still. Um...u gotta, like, listen 2 more radio stations than the Z100's of the world...um...and, like...get off ur...like...phooones and...like stop txting so damned much and, like, aaaactually leeearn something about the history of the woman you...like..profess to love! P'Shaw! Thanks.

:thumbsup:

The same people upset about BU and Everybody, are the same ones who probably have problems with Hard Candy and the Sticky and Sweet tour....both of which are heavily 80's influenced, and back to her roots.

When MadonnaTribe brought to you the first news about the final tracklist for Madonna's new greatest hits album on August 15, we mentioned that the Madonna double-CD was to be released on September 21st.

That was actually quite a hush-hush hint and probably many of our readers didn't pay attention to the date - considering that at the time "Celebration" was officially announced for September 29 in the U.S. and the Friday before in the European markets.

But it was actually a hint and not a mistype, and what we posted then should look a tad different now, when the most part of the European Warner Music listings - including those for Germany, Italy and the Netherlands - have updated the release date for the new album for September 18.

A final touch comes from Warner Music Brazil, that informed today that "Celebration" will be on stores on Monday, September 21st, as you can see from the teaser below (with thanks to our reader Adnilton from Brazil for the heads up).

I love that 5 cuts from her ACCLAIMED and MASSIVLEY INFLEUNTIAL debut are included on Celebration.

TUTBMP is sweet, and nice to listen to, but come on- BU is raw, sexual, in-your-face and set a tone for Madonna to come- and that should be represented on a Madonna career-spanning collection.

Now, come on, let go...

I just want to go on record as saying that I'm not upset that "Burning Up" is being included. It's a great track, and I adore it -- I just would have gone with "Deeper & Deeper" instead. For several reasons, including more balance. But, either way, it's not going to diminish my enjoyment of this release, and it's certainly not going to prevent me from telling everyone I know that they should pick up a copy too.

This is very close to how I feel. (Hi, Johnny!) I mean, I can't really 'vote anything off the island' with this tracklist as it stands, though.

What I find under-represented is the whole first-half of the 90s ballads. I know some may say they were boring anyway or whatever, but to have BOTH "JML" and "Erotica" but then have only "TAB" to represent "TUTBMP," "IR," "You'll See," and all of Evita (and, heck, even "Rain") is ... interesting. I'm not complaining about it. I'm just observing that it seems to overly condense those tracks and that style/genre of Madonna's body of work. (It's not even fair to lump them all together, really, because it wasn't like they weren't interrupted by some of her most sexual explorations... JML, then TUTBMP, then Erotica, then Rain, then I'll Remember. But I guess because they are all ballads, we lump them together.)

The fact that she scored so highly with those ballads during a period when the backlash against her was so fierce really is a testament to the power of her musical crafts(wo)manship. I guess she looks back and doesn't see those as strong contenders in her catalog (maybe because thematically they seem to be sentimental or weak? -- not "You'll See," clearly!)... But I just think they still deserve some respect.

And I guess that's why we've got the "Something to Remember" ballad collection -- and so she can afford to 'overlook' that genre a bit. Which is why I guess I feel like "Deeper & Deeper" is the 'biggest loss' in some senses -- because it's not a ballad, but it's not included. But I'll stop rambling now, except to say that I'm looking forward to hearing the remastered/refreshed versions of everything and to "Revolver" -- and the DVD most of all!

This is very close to how I feel. (Hi, Johnny!) I mean, I can't really 'vote anything off the island' with this tracklist as it stands, though.

What I find under-represented is the whole first-half of the 90s ballads. I know some may say they were boring anyway or whatever, but to have BOTH "JML" and "Erotica" but then have only "TAB" to represent "TUTBMP," "IR," "You'll See," and all of Evita (and, heck, even "Rain") is ... interesting. I'm not complaining about it. I'm just observing that it seems to overly condense those tracks and that style/genre of Madonna's body of work. (It's not even fair to lump them all together, really, because it wasn't like they weren't interrupted by some of her most sexual explorations... JML, then TUTBMP, then Erotica, then Rain, then I'll Remember. But I guess because they are all ballads, we lump them together.)

The fact that she scored so highly with those ballads during a period when the backlash against her was so fierce really is a testament to the power of her musical crafts(wo)manship. I guess she looks back and doesn't see those as strong contenders in her catalog (maybe because thematically they seem to be sentimental or weak? -- not "You'll See," clearly!)... But I just think they still deserve some respect.

And I guess that's why we've got the "Something to Remember" ballad collection -- and so she can afford to 'overlook' that genre a bit. Which is why I guess I feel like "Deeper & Deeper" is the 'biggest loss' in some senses -- because it's not a ballad, but it's not included. But I'll stop rambling now, except to say that I'm looking forward to hearing the remastered/refreshed versions of everything and to "Revolver" -- and the DVD most of all!

i was just listening to deeper and deeper the other day to 'mourn' it not being on the compilation. it IS such an awesome dance song and it's a real pity it's not on.

Guest Pud Whacker

OMG!!!!!!!!! she's putting burning up on the album. it's the end of the world.

frankenstein_villagers488.jpg

:rotfl:

now, lets imagine had it not been on!!! :asian:

Guest dicktracy

I don't know about US but in Europe no-one barely knows 'Burning Up'(except the fans obviously)

Superpop, this is not for you specifically....

But...

CAN'T YOU ANTI-BURNING UP/MILES AWAY/HOLLYWOOD/EVERYBODY PEOPLE REALIZE THAT MADONNA WANTS EVERYONE TO KNOW THESE SONGS OTHERWISE THEY WOULDN'T BE PART OF THIS COMPILATION???? SHE'S OBVIOUSLY PROUD OF THEM AND WANTS FUTURE GENERATIONS TO REMEMBER HER MUSICAL LEGACY THROUGH THESE SONGS.

It's not like Deeper & Deeper has been totally ommitted like Angel, True Blue, and Causing A Commotion (all Top 5 hits). Deeper & Deeper was the opener for GHV2. Go buy it.