"Celebration" OFFICIAL TRACKLIST!

cosmic_system

FUCK THE "OMG BURNING UP WASN'T A HIT I WANT THIS USED TO BE MY PLAYGROUND INSTEAD " BULLSHIT

BURNING UP changed HER WORLD, TUTBMP didn't.

END.OF.THE.STORY.

EAT IT

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FIVYkvQomz4&hl=it&fs=1&"></param><param'>http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FIVYkvQomz4&hl=it&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FIVYkvQomz4&hl=it&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Erm, thanks for that round of kind words, afro. Very called-for and necessary, at that.

Anyhow, I'm in agreement, about the classic status of "Everybody" and "Burning Up," despite their lack of play. So not sure why you felt compelled to respond the way you did to that poster.

Anyhow... WB lists those tracks in a slightly different order near the end of disc 2. Wonder if that is how they will appear, or just a random listing.

Hopefully, the double CD will have soime nice discounts- $24.98 is a little steep. Garth Brooks' Ultimate Hits was $11.98 at Wal-Mart, and look at all those Essential double CDs that Wal-Mart sometimes sells for $14.98. I don't know if WB will go THAT low, though.

My comment wasn't meant as a personal attack. I was commenting on my lack of interest in your airplay reports...nothing more, nothing less.

What's that rubbish "Licky Star" doing on the single disc? Should be Borderline!

I'm delighted Everybody and Burning Up are there. Best thing about the tracklisting. These classics need more xposure to tha masses.

Rather them than nonsense like "American Pie" which is an iconic song that doesn't have anything to do with her. The likes of "Causing A Commotion" are ultimately forgettable and long forgotten by the general public and never would have made the cut.

We will only be sure about the versions when we're listening to the CDs ourselves, since I doubt they will be officially mentioned. The bookled might only contain credits like "remastering by" or "remixed by".

GHV2 was unusually detailed. Doubt we'll see that again.

Absolutely agree. Nobody who is a non-Madonna fan knows these songs. The inclusion of 'Everybody' I can understand because it's her first release...but 'Burning Up' doesn't make sense despite it being one of my all-time favourite Madonna tracks. I don't care if it was a big hit in some underground New York tranny shamehole - that doesn't make it a hit.

MTV played the video a lot too over the years. I play Burning Up a lot and everyone's always been aware of it as in they heard it before and sing along. I'd be shocked if any of my friends knew top ten hits like Rescue Me or Hanky Panky. She's had bigger hits but as far as I can see Burning Up has left a mark. Shame for parts of the world where that isn't true but it certainly is not regulated to "underground".

16 IC tracks and 20 non-IC tracks....I really don't think that 20 tracks (over half of the collection) can be described as "a few others".

Mad_On_Her, I don't think I've seen you say a good word about anything that Madonna has done over the past five years or so. Do you like any of her recent work or do you only like her older stuff? Just curious.

Do you ever give me a break?? I prefer Madonna's older stuff than the current stuff, is that ok with you?

I hear Burning Up and Dress You Up more often than any other M song on the radio, No kidding. Not a chart follower by any means, but if radio stations where I live are playing those songs over others, I say they most certainly belong on Celebration. Jus saying.

Besides they are classic Madonna and deserve their place on the tracklisting. I'm def buying this GH. And I love the spontaneity of the tracks, It would be so boring chronologically.

Absolutely agree. Nobody who is a non-Madonna fan knows these songs. The inclusion of 'Everybody' I can understand because it's her first release...but 'Burning Up' doesn't make sense despite it being one of my all-time favourite Madonna tracks. I don't care if it was a big hit in some underground New York tranny shamehole - that doesn't make it a hit.

I agree. I can narrowly overlook the inclusion of "Everybody," since that was her 'inaugural' single and all. Fine. One flop included for sentimental purposes can be dismissed. "Burning Up," however, makes no sense on any hits collection. It's not as if I don't like the song either; in fact, I like it about a hundred times better than I do something like "Hanky Panky," but since HP was a top ten, gold selling hit, I would give more justification to it being here than BU - even if I don't like it nearly as much. And there's no rationale in the world that will make me concede to respecting BU's inclusion over TUTBMP. A chart topping single being omitted, while one that didn't even make the Bubbling Under Charts sits pretty like it was a torch song is just baffling. It would be different if this was like a Samantha Fox greatest hits album. Someone like her only had so many hits, so including some poorly performing singles to fill up space makes sense. Madonna, though, has enough real hits for literally a box set. I shouldn't be seeing songs like "Burning Up" and "Hollywood" on any of them. Makes me wonder where "Bedtime Story" is.

As far as the lasting impact argument goes...I probably haven't heard Playground played on the radio since 1992, however, to this day I've never heard "Burning Up" (or "Everybody") anywhere except for when one of the video channels decides to get in a hardcore Madonna mood. I was annoyed by the exclusion of "Who's That Girl" on The Immaculate Collection, but unlike here, at least nothing else made the cut over it that was an actual flop.

Oh well. It's Madonna's greatest hits...best of collection, so she decides what makes the cut. Just like it's my $21.99. All I can say is that remaster of "Into the Groove" better be on point.

I can't believe the criticism of some pleople here. Celebration contains about 30 obvious hits... what's the problem if they include 3-4 tracks due to sentimental purposes or because they are classic tracks that almost all the fans love??????

And let's not forget that the world is something more than the UK and the USA. Hollywood and Sorry were big hits in several european countries, as well as Miles Away in Japan. I don't think those tracks are out of place.

I can't believe the criticism of some pleople here. Celebration contains about 30 obvious hits... what's the problem if they include 3-4 tracks due to sentimental purposes or because they are classic tracks that almost all the fans love??????

And let's not forget that the world is something more than the UK and the USA. Hollywood and Sorry were big hits in several european countries, as well as Miles Away in Japan. I don't think those tracks are out of place.

Thank you.

Do you ever give me a break?? I prefer Madonna's older stuff than the current stuff, is that ok with you?

I just asked a simple question and you've accused me of pestering you. You're *always* negative about Madonna's recent work and of course it's your right to dislike anything she does. It's also my right to question whether you actually do like any of her recent work and clearly you don't. I was just wondering, since you're always so negative and vocal about her, whether there was anything that she's done recently that you like. Obviously not. If this is picking on you, then I apologise profusely.

I agree! All of this bitching and whining is ridiculous.We have all of her albums anyway! If you wanna hear a song that's not included on this set,simply pull out the album that it appears on and play it! And if you really hate "Hollywood" and "Miles Away" so much,simply skip over these tracks when you play the 'Celebration' set.I really don't see the point in getting all upset just because the tracklist isn't the way YOU think it should be.It is what it is.Either buy it or don't buy it,but let's stop acting like babies.

Guest Danny86
If you wanna hear a song that's not included on this set,simply pull out the album that it appears on and play it! And if you really hate "Hollywood" and "Miles Away" so much,simply skip over these tracks when you play the 'Celebration' set.

But it's not about that for them. They are all about "the world is supposed to hear this song!" and "I don't want Madonna to push her songs nobody cares about" and shit like that. More or less similar to fans being concerned about Madonna not played on radio when they never even listen to radio and live in another country.

I ordered a double from cdwow today for my dad. Does anyone know the charts that cdwow and bangcd count towards.

The double is a bargain at £9,99 on both sites.

I still have to buy my copy on the day both on iTunes and cd. Dad is happy to wait a couple of days!

Ps - the sites still have the wrong tracklist- the one without live to tell but with American life and rain.

I've never met a casual listener who knew "Burning Up." I've never even heard it on the radio.

"Burning Up" was a video hit! ANYONE who watched MTV in the 80's is familiar with the song/video.

Quite like the tracklisting, esp the inc of Everybody, DYU and BU!

Not too keen personally on some others such as CFY and LTT but I understand that these are massive songs that would help sell the album.

Think Cherish should have been left off - sounds so dated now. Would have been great if Hanky Panky was inc instead.

They seem to have selected the right number of tracks from Bedtime Stories to Hard Candy though I am shocked American Life was bumped for Hollywood and MA chosen over GITM.

Poor Erotica - this wonderful album is only represented by one song...but I can see why more songs were chosen from her hitmaking 80s heyday.

Would have been great if there had been a limited edition three disc edition of ALL the singles. No debate would have been necessary and we would have had Gambler on a Madonna album for the first time.

A 3cd would have been nice. I have Gambler on the Vision Quest cd and the sound quality isn't great.

Maybe a box set will come in 2010? With everything on.

Re tribe post on Celebration - is it being moved forward a week in other countries?

there´s a La isla bonita´s single with both Crazy and gambler, and the sound is ok

Guest Danny86
Re tribe post on Celebration - is it being moved forward a week in other countries?

Seems so, Madonna.com took down the intro page as well. Hopefully Warner will publish a press release soon so we'd know for sure if it's in every country or not.

I was looking through some of the youtube videos for the one minute Celebration commercial. So far, at least 10 people have asked "what song is playing at 0:20?"

There were no other questions other than for that song. interesting no?

The song is Dress you up

Guest MLover

I agree. I can narrowly overlook the inclusion of "Everybody," since that was her 'inaugural' single and all. Fine. One flop included for sentimental purposes can be dismissed. "Burning Up," however, makes no sense on any hits collection. It's not as if I don't like the song either; in fact, I like it about a hundred times better than I do something like "Hanky Panky," but since HP was a top ten, gold selling hit, I would give more justification to it being here than BU - even if I don't like it nearly as much. And there's no rationale in the world that will make me concede to respecting BU's inclusion over TUTBMP. A chart topping single being omitted, while one that didn't even make the Bubbling Under Charts sits pretty like it was a torch song is just baffling. It would be different if this was like a Samantha Fox greatest hits album. Someone like her only had so many hits, so including some poorly performing singles to fill up space makes sense. Madonna, though, has enough real hits for literally a box set. I shouldn't be seeing songs like "Burning Up" and "Hollywood" on any of them. Makes me wonder where "Bedtime Story" is.

As far as the lasting impact argument goes...I probably haven't heard Playground played on the radio since 1992, however, to this day I've never heard "Burning Up" (or "Everybody") anywhere except for when one of the video channels decides to get in a hardcore Madonna mood. I was annoyed by the exclusion of "Who's That Girl" on The Immaculate Collection, but unlike here, at least nothing else made the cut over it that was an actual flop.

Oh well. It's Madonna's greatest hits...best of collection, so she decides what makes the cut. Just like it's my $21.99. All I can say is that remaster of "Into the Groove" better be on point.

I'm sorry. With all due respect, are you guys RETARDED? I mean, for real! Burning Up and Everybody shouldn't be included?!? Proposterous! Casual fans NOT knowing Burning Up? RIDICULOUS! As someone already said, it's obvious all you guys saying such things are "new to the party"!

I've loved M since the mid 80's. Amongst my huge circle of family and friends, I am the ONLY Madonna nut; and they ALL know and love Burning Up. It's one of her most loved 80's songs and casual fans that GREW UP IN THE 80'S, or that were, at least, older than fetuses when the song came out KNOW the song....AND, like it! (I have an inkling THESE people are, also, gonna be the ones to, mostly, buy "Celebration".)

I DJ, and whenever I play an 80's mix and include Burning Up, the crowd (composed of "casual fans" AND "haters") goes Ape Caca Crazy! And Madonna freakin' made a VIDEO for it, too! The song was a classic here in NYC and was played in ALL the clubs. I just can't take reading more of this rubbish about how Burning Up shouldn't be included and that nobody knows it...or Everybody. Ha! Hysterical. And, yes, I hear BOTH Burning Up AND Everybody on the radio, still. Um...u gotta, like, listen 2 more radio stations than the Z100's of the world...um...and, like...get off ur...like...phooones and...like stop txting so damned much and, like, aaaactually leeearn something about the history of the woman you...like..profess to love! P'Shaw! Thanks.

"Burning Up" was a video hit! ANYONE who watched MTV in the 80's is familiar with the song/video.

We didn't have MTV until a few years after it debuted, so maybe that was the problem. We had a local station (WPTT) that played a video countdown every night though, so that's how most of the kids in my area got to see the latest vids ("Borderline" was #1 on that countdown for the ENTIRE summer of '84).

I didn't see the "Burning Up" video until around 1990, during one of MTV's Madonnathons.

i think it's great to have tracks like 'everybody' and 'burning up' on there. it gives the casual fans a bit of an education. there are way more HUGE hits on 'celebration' than on any other greatest hits cds about. with so many singles it's impossible to make everyone 100% happy. i think they've done a great job. i'm more interested in some decent promotion and the dvd too!

A few of my friends I show the tracklist don't know everybody and burning up. I just say they are 2 of the singles tom her first album that were not hits here in the uk but are great!

They all seem fine with this and state they want the cd now!

Casuals aren't put off by this tracklist! I sense more positivity from them than on this board sometimes.

Too much negativity surrounds M these days! She's releasing a great hits album and whilst some are upset certain songs aren't on we need to move on now and spread the positive feeling about the album to as many people as we can!

I just want to go on record as saying that I'm not upset that "Burning Up" is being included. It's a great track, and I adore it -- I just would have gone with "Deeper & Deeper" instead. For several reasons, including more balance. But, either way, it's not going to diminish my enjoyment of this release, and it's certainly not going to prevent me from telling everyone I know that they should pick up a copy too.