"Celebration" OFFICIAL TRACKLIST!

cosmic_system

I don't think Warner would list them as TIC versions either... someone would have to have heard it... also, the main reason to take from TIC would be that the songs were already shortened, but then there's album versions of Holiday, and the longer version of Vogue? Has anyone added up the timing of those versions?

Guest Danny86

MadonnaTribe CHANGED the versions listed in the same item!!!

CD 1:

01) Hung Up - LP Version

02) Music - LP Version

03) Vogue - Immaculate Collection Version

04) 4 Minutes - LP Edit

05) Holiday - LP Version

06) Like A Virgin - Immaculate Collection Version

07) Into The Groove - LP Version

08) Everybody - LP Edit

09) Like A Prayer - LP Version

10) Ray Of Light - LP Version

11) Sorry - LP Edit

12) Express Yourself -Video Edit

13) Open Your Heart - Immaculate Collection Version

14) Borderline - Immaculate Collection Version

15) Secret - LP Edit

16) Erotica - LP Edit

17) Justify My Love - LP Version

18) Revolver

CD 2:

01) Dress You Up - LP Edit

02) Material Girl - LP Version

03) La Isla Bonita - LP Version

04) Papa Don't Preach - LP Version

05) Lucky Star - LP Edit

06) Burning Up - LP Version

07) Crazy For You - Immaculate Collection Version

08) Who's That Girl - LP Version

09) Frozen - LP Version

10) Miles Away - LP Edit

11) Take A Bow - LP Version

12) Beautiful Stranger - LP Version

13) Hollywood - LP Version

14) Die Another Day - LP Version

15) Don't Tell Me - LP Edit

16) Live To Tell - LP Version

17) Cherish - Immaculate Collection Version

18) Celebration

:dramatic::dramatic::dramatic:

When TIC was released, reviewers were commenting that she'd had so many hits that she couldn't fit them all onto a single disc. This time they'll be commenting how she's left some of her biggest hits off in favour of flops and poorly received tracks. Even moreso in terms of the US where Sorry, Celebration, Hollywood etc are as big a flops as MA was in the rest of the world. :lmao:

When TIC was released, reviewers were commenting that she'd had so many hits that she couldn't fit them all onto a single disc. This time they'll be commenting how she's left some of her biggest hits off in favour of flops and poorly received tracks. Even moreso in terms of the US where Sorry, Celebration, Hollywood etc are as big a flops as MA was in the rest of the world. :lmao:

I'd like to know any other artist who has been going for over 25 years, had over 60 singles and could fill a double cd with songs which all bona-fide worldwide smashes.

Guest travelinstillness

neutrorocks, seriously, I have a lot of respect for you and I feel sorry for you when people gang up on you all the time, but Madonnatribe is renowned for posting only the most accurate of information on their news page. They have very reliable contacts within Madonna's camp and go to great lengths to ensure that people do not share leaks or even request leaked material on their forums so that they stay on good terms with their contacts. They refuse to allow ICON material that's limited to members only on their site because they support the right to subscribers to have sole access to this material. They hear the news well in advance of the rest of us, but they sit on it until they're given the green light to post it. If the info that they've posted about the track list and the versions used isn't correct, then it will be the first time that they've made a mistake like this and their credibility will be seriously damaged. They've worked hard to build an excellent reputation and they're not going to jeopardise it or their contacts by posting info that they're not completely sure about.

Of course, you have the right to await official confirmation from Madonna.com, but you're not going to appease your detractors by continually commenting on the lack of official sources cited by Madonnatribe. They're *always* first to reveal new track lists, set lists etc. and there's no reason to believe why this isn't the case this time around. I hope everyone will stop pouncing on you over this, but I also hope that you'll see the logic behind keeping quiet over it until you're satisfied about its authenticity.....

sorry but Tribe has gotten a lot of shit wrong lately (Celebration lyrics, release date for Celebration single, Revolver single, etc). it's so disgusting how people follow everything they say like its the Gospel. Plus it's turned into a I LOVE LIGHTHOUSE MIKE TRIBE and we all know the stuff he announces is wrong, and they back him up on it so in my eyes that mean's they're inaccurate as well. they're also known to get their pants all pissed & soggy if someone else has info to reveal before they do it. they're not exclusive to revealing info about Madonna. i'm taking this track listing with a grain of salt until i hear it OFFICIALLY confirmed by Madonna's people.

MadonnaTribe CHANGED the versions listed in the same item!!!

CD 1:

01) Hung Up - LP Version

02) Music - LP Version

03) Vogue - Immaculate Collection Version

04) 4 Minutes - LP Edit

05) Holiday - LP Version

06) Like A Virgin - Immaculate Collection Version

07) Into The Groove - LP Version

08) Everybody - LP Edit

09) Like A Prayer - LP Version

10) Ray Of Light - LP Version

11) Sorry - LP Edit

12) Express Yourself -Video Edit

13) Open Your Heart - Immaculate Collection Version

14) Borderline - Immaculate Collection Version

15) Secret - LP Edit

16) Erotica - LP Edit

17) Justify My Love - LP Version

18) Revolver

CD 2:

01) Dress You Up - LP Edit

02) Material Girl - LP Version

03) La Isla Bonita - LP Version

04) Papa Don't Preach - LP Version

05) Lucky Star - LP Edit

06) Burning Up - LP Version

07) Crazy For You - Immaculate Collection Version

08) Who's That Girl - LP Version

09) Frozen - LP Version

10) Miles Away - LP Edit

11) Take A Bow - LP Version

12) Beautiful Stranger - LP Version

13) Hollywood - LP Version

14) Die Another Day - LP Version

15) Don't Tell Me - LP Edit

16) Live To Tell - LP Version

17) Cherish - Immaculate Collection Version

18) Celebration

:dramatic::dramatic::dramatic:

:dramatic:

Guest Danny86

sorry but Tribe has gotten a lot of shit wrong lately (Celebration lyrics, release date for Celebration single, Revolver single, etc). it's so disgusting how people follow everything they say like its the Gospel. Plus it's turned into a I LOVE LIGHTHOUSE MIKE TRIBE and we all know the stuff he announces is wrong, and they back him up on it so in my eyes that mean's they're inaccurate as well. they're also known to get their pants all pissed & soggy if someone else has info to reveal before they do it. they're not exclusive to revealing info about Madonna. i'm taking this track listing with a grain of salt until i hear it OFFICIALLY confirmed by Madonna's people.

They never posted the lyrics of "Celebration", only the title, but according to fans who talked to Oakenfold, it was called "Celebrate" for a long time and in that interview he gave he called the song like that.

What about "Revolver" single? They only posted about it ONCE, when they said Madonna's camp is planning to release it September. What did they get wrong in that?

The release date (radio debut date actually) was just a week off, nothing major.

They do not back up lighthouse that much, because even though he posted that "X-Factor is official", it never made it onto the Tribe newspage.

Not that I'm liking that they posted the versions before they were sure about it, but to say they are far from reliable is way off. If the tracklist ends up different from what they posted, then people will reconsider their trust in them obviously.

Danny, is that for real? Cause it would be a perfect exaple of someone yanking the chain, because of all the complaints. :)

IF it's the video edit for EY, that would be the 7-inch mix? I find that too wonderful to believe.

Guest Danny86

^It is for real, their list is changed. You can also see "Celebration" switched places with "Revolver", which I did not immediately notice when I posted.

OK- just checked it- that's what's there- maybe someone hacked into the system.

Not a Tribe forum member (was, not sure if old info still works or not)- but, have any of the Webmasters discussed this in the forum? Or do they just post the info and not comment on it in the forum?

Guest Danny86

No comment by the webmasters at all, this was a very under the radar change. Maybe they wanted to know how people would react to TIC mixes? :demonic:

But that's my point, Madonna could have done but chose to include the DROSS alongside it.

Which 'biggest hits' has she left off, then? Presumably bigger than the 'dross' that was the worldwide number one 'Sorry' which is apparently a flop because American djs didn't play it?

Guest bluejean

I actually put a playlist on my iphone and played the songs in this sequence and it flows very nicely.

Disc 2 doesn't seem as good at 1st glance, but I get the impression that because most people listen to music from their computer or ipod these days it's really supposed to be listened to in its entirety. If you listen to the disc 1 & 2 as one album the whole thing flows perfectly.

Oh and TIC collection version sits better between Everybody and Ray Of Light for some reason. But I still would rather the original be on this collection.

Guest Danny86

I think QB is just already concerned that Celebration will receive less ACCLAIM and sales success in the UK than Ultimate Kylie. :chuckle:

I don't see how TB, CAC, DCFMA, AP or the balladzzzzz could make this a better compilation over the 4 non-hits included.

I don't recall any announcement. If I recall, the single was released late October of 2002. It became a top ten in many markets before the close of the year. AMERICAN LIFE did not get released until 6 months later. Madonna may have mentioned closer to the album release the song would be on her latest album, but I don't think any mention of it when it was a top ten nearly 5 months prior.

I heard it with my own ears. It was during an interview with Rick Dees for The Weekly Top 40 and it aired the first week the single appeared on the US chart. I don't doubt that you never heard any announcement, but I assure you that I definitely heard it and it came from Madonna's own mouth. Rick asked her specifically whether the song was going to be on her new album and she uncategorically stated that it would be. As this occurred during the single's first week on the Top 40 US airplay chart, it can't have been any later than early to mid November....a full five months before the album was released.

Guest bluejean

Which 'biggest hits' has she left off, then? Presumably bigger than the 'dross' that was the worldwide number one 'Sorry' which is apparently a flop because American djs didn't play it?

Worldwide hits = True Blue, This Used To Be My Playground, Deeper & Deeper, I'll Remember.

Dross = Miles Away, Burning Up, Everybody, Hollywood. All good songs that were NOT hits.

What I've learned is that people don't read what others post. They just interpret it the way they like and run with it, over-exaggerate and gang up on people to the point that they start threads attacking them in "The Lounge". Yes, I questioned if it's 'official', but not once did I say Madonnatribe ISN'T known for posting inaccurate info. I simply asked where is the official confirmation? That is all! This isn't a contest between fansites. Madonnatribe may be known for accurate info over the years. Hell, I don't doubt they are wrong about this either, but it isn't "official" unless there is some official source tied to it or a confirmation to back it up.

OK....I try to defend you and this is the thanks I get :) I guess I misunderstood your repeated posts regarding the official status of the track list as your questioning the reliability of the source. My apologies. If you don't doubt that the information is accurate, though, why have you continued to demand that the source be backed up....?

Worldwide hits such as True Blue, This Used To Be My Playground in favour of DROSS like Hollywood and Miles Away.

Guest Danny86

Actually most of her 90s hits were limited to US, Canada, Japan and I guess Australia. "I'll Remember" wasn't a big hit in the UK at all and "You'll See" was the only ballad in Europe that made any notable impact before "DCFMA" & "Frozen". Her European success is a lot more relevant in the 2000s and maybe that's why "Hollywood" & "Miles Away" were included, because they were far from massive flops in some EU territories.

Madonna's only true worldwide flop in this decade is "Nothing Fails" / "Love Profusion".

Worldwide hits = True Blue, This Used To Be My Playground, Deeper & Deeper, I'll Remember.

Dross = Miles Away, Burning Up, Everybody, Hollywood. All good songs that were NOT hits.

'Deeper & Deeper' didn't really do much at all. Neither did 'I'll Remember' outside of America. They were 'hits', sure, but not bona fide smashes that makes their places inevitable.

Is it really so hard to understand that it's not a '1''s collection but instead one that seeks to showcase every period of Madonna's career? If you want a 'hits collection' that contains all of the singles from the 80s because they did better than most of the singles from the 90s, for example, then go make one yourself.

Actually most of her 90s hits were limited to US, Canada, Japan and I guess Australia. "I'll Remember" wasn't a big hit in the UK at all and "You'll See" was the only ballad in Europe that made any notable impact before "DCFMA" & "Frozen". Her European success is a lot more relevant in the 2000s and maybe that's why "Hollywood" & "Miles Away" were included, because they were far from massive flops in some EU territories.

That is correct!!

Madonna's only true worldwide flop in this decade is "Nothing Fails" / "Love Profusion".

Even that went Top 10 in Italy (and I'm sure elsewhere). It also reached the Top 40 in many other countries, including Australia (and #11 in the UK).

Why is DADay and its planned inclusuion on AL still being discussed? We've already commented on the November 2002 Rick Dees interview (which I also heard and have on my computer). She said it was going to be on her forthcoming album, enough said.

Why is DADay and its planned inclusuion on AL still being discussed? We've already commented on the November 2002 Rick Dees interview (which I also heard and have on my computer). She said it was going to be on her forthcoming album, enough said.

Can you share the interview?I've lost it!