"Celebration" OFFICIAL TRACKLIST!

cosmic_system

I'm confused now. Is the provisional the one posted my madonnatribe or is that the final official one!

mighty dearest, it was posted by drama_boy and it came with a smile... don't get confused, even MADONNA.COM is shouting it's only 34 songs +2

Guest nothingfails0603

I just think Playground, I'll Remember and You'll See are not on Celebration because Warner doesn't want to kill "Something To Remember", that with 6 "new songs" (it's the only Madonna's album with Playground and I'll Remember and of course I'm couting the remix of LDLHA too) it's actualy more than a collection.

Well, if TIC is worth killing, why not STR?

IMO, Playground belongs on Celebration just for one reason, it was a US #1, so all the US #1's would be in one place.

Guest nothingfails0603

No doubt it's not close to being her biggest hit in the U.S., but "Rain" did manage to have longevity on radio. In fact, I can't recall "Erotica" and "Deeper and Deeper" being played much on radio. I'm sure there were certain regions in the U.S., it was played more. Though, "Erotica" seem more like one of those instant #1 songs that quickly was brushed aside on radio. U.S. radio really gave some love to "Rain". In fact it charted better than "Holiday" and this is included on the GH's. But of course, I would have to say you can't compare "Holiday" with "Rain". One is definitely "classic" why the other was a somewhat last ditch effort to save the album "Erotica".

I agree with Neut. Rain was certainly no megahit, but it was the first step in repairing Madonna's reputation in the US, as it was a much bigger hit than Bad Girl, and had more longevity (tho a lower chart peak) than Erotica and Deeper And Deeper. I remember people in eighth grade who normally hated Madonna but liked that song. It was the planting of the seed that spouted during Bedtime Stories and had fully blossomed by Ray Of Light.

God, did you question everything in life? Geez.

That's the official tracklist, we'll get 2 new songs, period. You sound like a broken record.

Look dude, there is no official confirmation that tracklist is real yet. Bark at me all you want about me being a "broken record", but if you want me to shut the hell up about it, give me an "official confirmation" from an actual official source. MadonnaTribe is NOT an official source. As for the "2 New Songs", I didn't say we weren't getting "2 New songs", I simply pointed out that Madonna.com does not state "2 New Songs".

I think the fact Madonnalicious not posting this tracklist on their news site, proves there is no "official confirmation!"

Guest nothingfails0603

Warner Music will NOT be releasing endless compilations in the future.. This is the last album in her contract and they will NOT be allowed to release anything without the artists permission.

Warner has released a few Prince collections without his consent. I actually remember him telling fans NOT to buy "The Very Best Of Prince" because he had no say on that release.

Of course, the difference with Madonna and Prince is that Madge is parting on friendlier terms, but still.... money is money, and I see no reason why they won't milk Madonna for all she's worth the way they have with Prince and Sony has with Michael Jackson (with MJ, Sony released a single disc GH, a 2 disc GH and a box set in less than 2 years time).

"A couple of days ago MadonnaTribe.com brought its readers the first look the track list of Madonna's new Celebration double cd compilation. Today we can add a few more details about the project.

Unlike The Immaculate Collection, released in 1990 with all brand new remixed edits in the great Q sound, Celebration unfortunately will not contain new remixed edits but mostly already released original Album Versions and Radio Edits of the hits plus some versions lifted from The Immaculate Collection.

Probably a bit more of a effort could have been put in the production of this project, especially after how badly the previous collection GHV2, completely made of recycled old materials, has been received by the diehard fans, but at least we have the two great singles, Celebration and Revolver that partly make up for this lack of originality.

And here are the exclusive details about the double cd track list."

CD 1:

01) Hung Up - LP Version

02) Music - LP Version

03) Vogue - Immaculate Collection Version

04) 4 Minutes - LP Edit

05) Holiday - LP Version

06) Like A Virgin - Immaculate Collection Version

07) Into The Groove - LP Version

08) Everybody - LP Edit

09) Like A Prayer - Immaculate Collection Version

10) Ray Of Light - LP Version

11) Sorry - LP Edit

12) Express Yourself - Immaculate Collection Version

13) Open Your Heart - Immaculate Collection Version

14) Borderline - Immaculate Collection Version

15) Secret - LP Edit

16) Erotica - LP Edit

17) Justify My Love - LP Version

18) Celebrate

CD 2:

01) Dress You Up - LP Edit

02) Material Girl - LP Version

03) La Isla Bonita - LP Version

04) Papa Don't Preach - LP Version

05) Lucky Star - LP Edit

06) Burning Up - LP Version

07) Crazy For You - Immaculate Collection Version

08) Who's That Girl - LP Version

09) Frozen - LP Version

10) Miles Away - LP Edit

11) Take A Bow - LP Version

12) Beautiful Stranger - LP Version

13) Hollywood - LP Version

14) Die Another Day - LP Version

15) Don't Tell Me - LP Edit

16) Live To Tell - LP Version

17) Cherish - Immaculate Collection Version

18) Revolver

---

17231.jpg

Warner has released a few Prince collections without his consent. I actually remember him telling fans NOT to buy "The Very Best Of Prince" because he had no say on that release.

Of course, the difference with Madonna and Prince is that Madge is parting on friendlier terms, but still.... money is money, and I see no reason why they won't milk Madonna for all she's worth the way they have with Prince and Sony has with Michael Jackson (with MJ, Sony released a single disc GH, a 2 disc GH and a box set in less than 2 years time).

So you don't think Madonna has a tighter grip on her catalog than Prince and Michael Jackson? You're probably right, but if I was Madonna (or any of those other artists), I would have made sure I had full disclosure and consent of what they do with my songs. But I guess, not even the biggest mega stars can control their catalog.

Guest nothingfails0603

of all TIC versions to use, why Like A Prayer? Vogue's a good idea because I think it actually enhances the song, but the TIC version of LAP is not the version people love. I enjoy the version but on a definitive hits package, the original is the only one that matters.

Lazy :(

Really? How much different could they have made them without just re-working them all together? Honestly, I've never heard many greatest hits where a lot of effort was put into re-working the songs. While I understand some of us may not like some of the mixes/versions used, but I expected that the songs weren't going be new mixes.

Anyway, we still have no confirmation this is even the official track listing, so we'll have to wait and see what the GH really includes!

Guest nothingfails0603

So you don't think Madonna has a tighter grip on her catalog than Prince and Michael Jackson? You're probably right, but if I was Madonna (or any of those other artists), I would have made sure I had full disclosure and consent of what they do with my songs. But I guess, not even the biggest mega stars can control their catalog.

The real problem is that Warner owns those masters, not Madonna. Its just like Prince has total control over his post-Warner material because he owns them outright, but Warner can do whatever they want with the material he recorded for them. That was the biggest reason for his breakup with them, he wanted ownership of his mastertapes (like The Rolling Stones do with their post-1970 material) and they wouldn't sell them.

However, I do hope in the future that we see some amazing retrospectives like a box set loaded with rarities, and maybe a collection of remixes kinda like what Warner did for Depeche Mode when they were leaving them.

The real problem is that Warner owns those masters, not Madonna. Its just like Prince has total control over his post-Warner material because he owns them outright, but Warner can do whatever they want with the material he recorded for them. That was the biggest reason for his breakup with them, he wanted ownership of his mastertapes (like The Rolling Stones do with their post-1970 material) and they wouldn't sell them.

However, I do hope in the future that we see some amazing retrospectives like a box set loaded with rarities, and maybe a collection of remixes kinda like what Warner did for Depeche Mode when they were leaving them.

It just amazes me that artists like Michael Jackson, Prince and Madonna do not have full ownership of their masters. But I do understand that every artist must start somewhere which means they are going to lose some control over their stuff when being signed to a big corporation.

Really? How much different could they have made them without just re-working them all together? Honestly, I've never heard many greatest hits where a lot of effort was put into re-working the songs. While I understand some of us may not like some of the mixes/versions used, but I expected that the songs weren't going be new mixes.

Anyway, we still have no confirmation this is even the official track listing, so we'll have to wait and see what the GH really includes!

I despise you.You're one of the most annoying person EVER.

Ban me but I have to say this. FUCK OFF!

of all TIC versions to use, why Like A Prayer? Vogue's a good idea because I think it actually enhances the song, but the TIC version of LAP is not the version people love. I enjoy the version but on a definitive hits package, the original is the only one that matters.

completely agree

We know Warner, we knew there wasnt going to be new edits and such. But taking the remix edits off The Immaculate Collection is a totally awfully bad idea. Especially for Like a Prayer. Secondly, all those songs except Justify My Love were remastered in q-sound (so if you were to put Like a Virgin from TIC next to Into The Groove (non-TC version) you can hear a major difference in quality and sound. They better remove the q-sound.

I'm creating a twitter acount as we speak and im going to make a complaint to Guy O

then im going to e-mail Liz with the same complaint.

As loony as that sounds, im doing it. So that when the CD is release and they see the fan's true reactions, i'll go " i told you so."

We know Warner, we knew there wasnt going to be new edits and such. But taking the remix edits off The Immaculate Collection is a totally awfully bad idea. Especially for Like a Prayer. Secondly, all those songs except Justify My Love were remastered in q-sound (so if you were to put Like a Virgin from TIC next to Into The Groove (non-TC version) you can hear a major difference in quality and sound. They better remove the q-sound.

I hope they do!!! Too bad they didn't use the remastered versions of Like a Virgin, Everybody, Borderline, Material Girl, and make some edits.