"Celebration" OFFICIAL TRACKLIST!

cosmic_system

I'm sure in time, Warner's will do an Abba and release an all encompassing collection at some stage to milk it for all it is worth. This is their last album with Madonna involved so there has to be some agreement. After that, they own her back catalogue and can do what they want.

As discussed in other threads, Madonna has struck a deal with Warners by which she retains control over her back catalogue. She doesn't own the recordings (Warner does), but she has control over them, which means that Warners can't release anything without her approval. It's a unique arrangement. They can only milk her catalogue if she lets them.

Though really, DAD was tacked on to AL and is a soundtrack song, not quite part of the era in a sense.

DAD was always intended to be on AL. In a radio interview to promote the single, she was asked specifically whether it would appear on her next album (which she said she was recording at the time) and she confirmed that it would. It was recorded during the AL sessions and was the first track announced for the album (nearly a full six months before the album was released), so even though it came out much earlier than the album, it definitely wasn't "tacked on", since you can't "tack on" something that was always intended to be there :)

DAD was always intended to be on AL. In a radio interview to promote the single, she was asked specifically whether it would appear on her next album (which she said she was recording at the time) and she confirmed that it would. It was recorded during the AL sessions and was the first track announced for the album (nearly a full six months before the album was released), so even though it came out much earlier than the album, it definitely wasn't "tacked on", since you can't "tack on" something that was always intended to be there :)

Just like "Live To Tell" :thumbsup:

I think the tracklist proves it wasn't chosen by fans in spite of what the press release says.

So, which was the gem that supposedly got away they were talking about (Everybody? Burning Up?) and wasn't there meant to be a track from around the American Life period? Do they mean Hollywood has a new mix?

MA would be the gem - it was a fan favourite when HC was released but to the general public who buy "Celebration", it will pretty much be one of three new tracks on the album.

I like "Miles Away," but the only thing that annoys me a bit is the choppy guitar. If it was a smoother rhythm I think I would enjoy it more. I love the Enya-esque breakdown "too much of no sound..."

:)

Guest Danny86

^Yes, happened the same with Hard Candy, just that they did not give away the order. AL and COADF tracklists were both revealed by fansites as well.

I always thought the choppy guitar in MA was a Mirwais-tribute.

^Yes, happened the same with Hard Candy, just that they did not give away the order. AL and COADF tracklists were both revealed by fansites as well.

I always thought the choppy guitar in MA was a Mirwais-tribute.

i think the choppy guitar bit was to make the chorus sound a little different. madonna tends to sing the choruses all the same and not ad lib much. ad libbing does tend to add a little something extra to the choruses and i wish she'd do it more, but she can be a little unimaginative and just follow the lyric sheet verbatim.

I like "Miles Away," but the only thing that annoys me a bit is the choppy guitar. If it was a smoother rhythm I think I would enjoy it more. I love the Enya-esque breakdown "too much of no sound..."

I like the choppy guitar :sneaky:

Although I love MA, I still don't understand why it was chosen over GI2M...

Before everyone goes too wild about this..

this is not from an official source

which (hopefully) means that Miles Away and Hollywood won't be included (hope hope hope)

Be careful, I questioned it being official, and I was told to "shut the fuck up" and that this is "official" because Madonna Tribe says so!! :manson:

Be careful, I questioned it being official, and I was told to "shut the fuck up" and that this is "official" because Madonna Tribe says so!! :manson:

wtf cares about tribe or that Anna person...

it's only official till it's official..!

Guest Topaz Scorpio

Since the 2-CD version is now settled, let's move on with our 1-CD wishlist:

01) Holiday

02) Borderline

03) Like A Virgin

04) Material Girl

05) Papa Don't Preach

06) La Isla Bonita

07) Like A Prayer

08) Express Yourself

09) Vogue

10) Justify My Love

11) Take A Bow

12) Frozen

13) Ray Of Light

14) Beautiful Stranger

15) Music

16) Don't Tell Me

17) Hung Up

18) 4 Minutes

19) Celebration

This is the most solid for me, although CELEBRATION is barely having success, it is essential since it's the title track...

80s - 8 songs, 90s - 6 songs, 00s - 5 songs...all songs, readily recognizable and remembered by casuals...

She's not going to leave out two of her iconic songs like Into the Groove and Crazy For You. And it needs to be comprehensive so that it essentially touches on every album from her career. And I would have to guess it would be 18 tracks just like each of the 2-disc version CDs. I'd see it like this:

1. Holiday

2. Like A Virgin

3. Material Girl

4. Crazy For You

5. Into The Groove

6. Papa Don't Preach

7. La Isla Bonita

8. Like A Prayer

9. Express Yourself

10. Vogue

11. Erotica

12. Take A Bow

13. Ray of Light

14. Music

15. Die Another Day

16. Hung Up

17. 4 Minutes

18. Celebration

That was the provisional track listing. The is the official one following revision by WB's. :)

CD 1:

01) Hung Up

02) Music

03) Vogue

04) 4 Minutes

05) Holiday

06) Like A Virgin

07) Into The Groove

08) Everybody

09) Like A Prayer

10) Ray Of Light

11) Sorry

12) Express Yourself

13) Open Your Heart

14) Borderline

15) Secret

16) Erotica

17) Give It 2 Me

18) Justify My Love

19) Deeper and Deeper

20) Celebration

CD 2:

01) Dress You Up

02) Material Girl

03) La Isla Bonita

04) Papa Don't Preach

05) Lucky Star

06) Burning Up

07) Crazy For You

08) This Used To Be My Playground

09) Who's That Girl

10) Frozen

11) You’ll See

12) Take A Bow

13) Causing A Commotion

14) Beautiful Stranger

15) True Blue

16) Die Another Day

17) Don't Tell Me

18) Live To Tell

19) Cherish

20) Revolver

/\/\

YAWN

If it's not official, it's not official

end off discussion

why do you even WISH it to be?? Miles Away on a GH?? Give me a break... we should be happy nothing is official yet

I have to agree. I don't understand how anyone can say this is "official" when the fan site it self hasn't even done so.

I wonder if those tracks deleted from the provisional track list were remastered. Wouldn't suprise me if Warners don't issue more singles, in addition to the two new tracks so maybe we'll get them on a Holiday Collection type of CD. Burning Up and Everybody could make the UK charts at last but they'll probably go with the biggies if they do resissue stuff.

Guest Danny86

God, that's just DRAMA BOY posting his wishlist.

And no offence, but why can't certain people take the word of those who have been following MTribe for YEARS now and they KNOW they would not create a fake tracklist?

I'm confused now. Is the provisional the one posted my madonnatribe or is that the final official one!

Nothing has been confirmed. The one Dramaboy posted I believe he just put together. The one originally posted is the one Madonna Tribe claims as "final", but gives no official source. Until then, we'll have to wait for an "official confirmation" to be 100% sure.