"Celebration" OFFICIAL TRACKLIST!

cosmic_system

I knew both 'E's & BU were gonna b there.. :fag:

I know this sounds ridiculous but I'm so happy bout 'Hollywood'

Been playing it in my car all week :fag:

Sad 4 'Drowned World' & 'Deeper' & a remastered 'Oh Father'..but I'm good.

No 'Evita'..thank u!!!

01) Burning Up

02) Everybody

03) Holiday

04) Borderline

05) Lucky Star

06) Like A Virgin

07) Material Girl

08) Crazy For You

09) Into The Groove

10) Dress You Up

11) Live To Tell

12) Papa Don't Preach

13) Open Your Heart

14) La Isla Bonita

15) Who's That Girl

16) Like A Prayer

17) Express Yourself

18) Cherish

01) Vogue

02) Justify My Love

03) Erotica

04) Secret

05) Take A Bow

06) Frozen

07) Ray Of Light

08) Beautiful Stranger

09) Music

10) Don't Tell Me

11) Die Another Day

12) Hollywood

13) Hung Up

14) Sorry

15) 4 Minutes

16) Miles Away

17) Celebration

18) Revolver

well, there's not much we can do anymore... we have talked about our very own tracklists for more than a year already...

we can count on future compilations like #1s, Soundtracks...

I echo the sentiments already expressed here - and I feel somewhat vindicated as well - Madonna left off "American Life" - the woman hasn't completely lost it.

Even though the addition of "Miles Away" does seem confusing, I do like it better than the album version of "Give It 2 Me." And considering what a crowd pleaser it was so many places on tour (without being a major hit anywhere but Japan) says something.

Adding "Miles Away" or even "Hollywood" on a GH is a big joke..

I'm not gonna be one of those whining fans or whatever... but they choose two flop singles in favor of actual hits

anyways... I don't see this being confirmed anywhere so I believe it from official sources...

they still got time to think things over hopefully

I miss "The Power of Good-Bye", "Deeper and Deeper, "This Used to Be My Playground", "You'll See" & "American Pie"

"Miles Away" & "Hollywood" gotta go

Guest Danny86

The original album version of Hollywood is stellar. It would be stupid to put a remix on, just to please a few clueless fans. Ultimately, this collection is geared for longtime casual fans....not loons craving obscure remixes.

I'm pretty sure the Stuart remix got more attention because of the VMA and the RIT...

I am very pleased that Human Nature did not make the list :):) :) Also have always found Rain to be boring!

My top 5 songs she missed would be:

1. American Life - I actually really do like this song a LOT. Very innovative and different.

2. You Must Love Me

3. Drowned World

4. The Power of Goodbye

5. Deeper and Deeper - a true classic.

We share the same sentiments.

Guest bluejean

I agree. Considering she's leaving Warner, making it the end of an era of sorts, a complete video collection would make sense and it would be a reasonable seller IMO because she and MJ have always been the two artists most respected for their contributions to the video artform, and a collection of everything would hold its own in sales.

Well I think the point is, is that it's about QUALITY over QUANTITY. Of course WE want them on DVD.

But some videos like True Blue, American Pie, I'll Remember, Live To Tell etc may be great to fans, to the average viewer and even Madonna herself, they will seem cheap and thrown together. Which is what they were.

it seems pretty blatant that Miles Away is the one song that makes zero sense here lol. It's a no brainer they shouldve replaced that with something like You'll See or I'll Remember (songs that still get TONS of airplay on U.S. AC radio) = potentially a few more sales to the casual older fan. Also, it wouldve shown some kind of validation for her 94-96 adult contemporay era (which gave her career some new life). As for Hollywood, no it wasnt really a solid 'hit', but she pretty much had to show some love to the American Life album. At least it ended there lol.

True Blue and CAC- at this point no one is expecting her to have anything to do w/ those songs again lol. Much as I LOVE a song like Gambler, it really hasnt stood the test of time like Everybody and Burning Up (non charting songs). Gambler was actually a worldwide top 10 hit, most people 4get. Again though, its never played on U.S. radio and rarely, if ever mentioned - aside from hardcore fans.

Guest Danny86

^But "Take A Bow" is the only song that gets major airplay from the AC era of hers. "You'll See" is completely forgotten and "Secret" & "I'll Remember" is also much less played. That era was written out of her history by Warner, Madonna and radio altogether.

I'm astonished that there are 5 songs from the first album on there given that it was Like A Virgin and True Blue which truly propelled her to stardom. I would have at least expected TB itself to be included. And considering ROL re-cemented her stardom it's odd that an extra like Power of Goodbye isn't featured. Not including Deeper and Deeper is a shock too - only ONE track from Erotica?!. I would have liked Give it 2 Me somewhere.

Guest americana madonna

I believe "Miles Away" has been chosen for the greatest hits, because it will influence buyers of the greatest hits, who aren't necessarily Madonna maniacs, to buy "Hard Candy". They may hear "Miles Away" and figure "Hard Candy" may be worth buying as well.

Guest Topaz Scorpio

so the DVD wont have all the videos? how lame

Not necessarily. The fact that "Burning Up" and "Everybody" made the CD version almost guarantees their appearances on the DVD. And if she's going to include what are generally regarded as more obscure videos like those two then you know she's not going to pass over visionary videos like "Bedtime Story" that don't appear on the CD.

So I think the DVD might wind up being pretty comprehensive which is why it requires two discs. I mean the only reason it would be a two disc set would be: 1) There are more than 40 videos that need to be included (Pet Shop Boys PopArt DVD had around 41 on one disc IIRC), or 2) She's going to include tons of alternate takes and bonus material for a smaller number of videos (a la Duran Duran's Greatest). And based on history in regards to bonus material for her releases, there's about a .0000001% chance of that happening.

I mean this is really the last shot for the videos to appear somewhere as I don't think Warner's is going to invest any future time on video collections for her. Other music compilations...possibly. So I really hope we get to see stuff like "True Blue", "Live To Tell", "You'll See", "Dear, Jessie", etc. Yes, some of the videos may be lame, but for fans I think we still would like a complete collection.

Guest Danny86

I'm astonished that there are 5 songs from the first album on there given that it was Like A Virgin and True Blue which truly propelled her to stardom. I would have at least expected TB itself to be included. And considering ROL re-cemented her stardom it's odd that an extra like Power of Goodbye isn't featured. Not including Deeper and Deeper is a shock too - only ONE track from Erotica?!. I would have liked Give it 2 Me somewhere.

Well, maybe Warner heard all the discussions here about the first album, that it's her most influential, so now it's treated as her THRILLER. ;)

But it has to be noted that the debut is the only album that got a proper showcase on her live performances in the last 5 years, most of the albums are the same 2-3 songs repeated, especially TB with "LIB" almost always being performed.

I agree that the role of ROL is really downplayed here and weird to see it hast he same amount of songs as BS, AL or HC.

I don't see the deal with Erotica though, I never expected more than one song from it, I'm just surprised they went with the least safe choice from its 4 major singles... But maybe it's because of the CT only and they are gonna use that version?

I believe "Miles Away" has been chosen for the greatest hits, because it will influence buyers of the greatest hits, who aren't necessarily Madonna maniacs, to buy "Hard Candy". They may hear "Miles Away" and figure "Hard Candy" may be worth buying as well.

Miles away was a major hit in japan and it sold over half million there. One of , if not, her biggest hits there.

It's a great song and deserves to be here. I'd rather it than give it to me, if I'm honest.

This collection will sell for years and years. Lots of new (casual) fans will snap this up. They won't care about chart positions -

i suspect that they're gonna release a 'MADONNA - THE GREATEST REMIXES' album with all her best dance mixes and remixes of songs like deeper and deeper, give it 2 me, causing a commotion, human nature, bedtime story, etc that didn't make the final cut on celebration.

now that would be cool.

and it had better be 2 CD and include impressive instant!

i suspect that they're gonna release a 'MADONNA - THE GREATEST REMIXES' album with all her best dance mixes and remixes of songs like deeper and deeper, give it 2 me, causing a commotion, human nature, bedtime story, etc that didn't make the final cut on celebration.

now that would be cool.

and it had better be 2 CD and include impressive instant!

The obvious problem they had was that most of her hits came in the 1980s, 1990's were ok in this respect, but 2000's - is a different story.

"Sorry" of course had to be there - IT WAS A HIT(US is not the whole world). But if they decided that there is only one song from Erotica, there also should be only one song from AL (DAD) and HC (4 minutes).

"Madonna" may surprisingly turn out to be her best album ever (LAP and ROL don't age that well), but 5 songs seem like an overrepresantation.

I am very pleased that Human Nature did not make the list :):) :) Also have always found Rain to be boring!

My top 5 songs she missed would be:

1. American Life - I actually really do like this song a LOT. Very innovative and different.

2. You Must Love Me

3. Drowned World

4. The Power of Goodbye

5. Deeper and Deeper - a true classic.

The last two are the real missed!

OMG, FINALLY!!!!

This tracklisting is amazing :wow::tigger::confessions:

I wondered if "Burning Up" was going to make it, but thought it was a slim chance and that True Blue was more likely to be the album with all 5 singles. But "Burning Up" was one of the 2 songs performed by Iggy Pop in her Rock N Roll Hall Of Fame induction and in recent years has been revived as an important song in her canon.

Miles Away and Hollywood are the only downers, of course, but I don't have any complaints cause of what DID make it on there, I expected much worse. And no Evita shyt! :rotfl::clap:

I sorta like how it's 8 songs apiece for the 90s and 00s. The 90s would be difficult to do cause they were so ballad heavy, you can get that on Something To Remember anyway - apart from Take a Bow which she wasn't able to ignore. She could have put "You'll See" on there if she wanted Evita-esque stuff, that's a shame but oh well.

As for Miles Away - fuck Japan! They should have got that as a bonus track, as their albums always have bonus tracks anyway. Though I'm not seeing the big deal about GI2M being omitted, that's just as undeserving.

Of her controversial/ :flop: albums, Hard Candy and bloody American Life get TWO tracks but Erotica only gets one?! :( Though really, DAD was tacked on to AL and is a soundtrack song, not quite part of the era in a sense.

I'm sure in time, Warner's will do an Abba and release an all encompassing collection at some stage to milk it for all it is worth. This is their last album with Madonna involved so there has to be some agreement. After that, they own her back catalogue and can do what they want.

And :wow: wow: :wow: at Everybody being sandwiched between ITG and Like A Prayer. Most casuals have probably never even HEARD it before, especially in the UK where it wasn't released as a single. Its inclusion will elevate its legacy and secure its rightful place alongside the other MEGAHITS in the Madonna canon.

:shock:

:janetflop: fan. It was a single alright (her first of course, and a flop) and even had its own special mix for the UK market, which can be found in the FABULOUS radio edits thread in multimedia.

The UK issue of "Everybody" goes for MEGABUCKS on eBay.

I think someone said here that "Everybody" will be the third single. Maybe we'll get new mixes? I'd quite like them to rerelease "Lucky Star" :lmao: It could be the new "Holiday Collection" and finally be a top 10. Then again, it won't since the charts have all changed with iTunes, of course.

Besides "Miles Away" and "Hollywood" being there over bigger hits from the 90's (the 80's is represented perfectly), my main issue is the sequencing of Disc 2... especially the second half. Just seems like the tracks were put in randomly.

Who's That Girl followed by Frozen?

Don't Tell Me-->Live to Tell-->Cherish?

Maybe it's just me, but it doesn't flow like Disc 1.

In terms of ACCLAIM and such, the debut has gotten some good marks, but not as much as LAP and ROL. But, it undisputedly is her most influential album- set the bar (along with Thriller) for dance-pop to come after it.

"I'll Remember" gets played on average 15-25 times a week, and "You'll See" is lucky if it gets a spin every now and again. Then again, her only tracks in the post-IC era to get pretty decent weekly airplay right now are "Take a Bow," "Music" and "Don't Tell Me." "4 Minutes" is still relatively new, but that would be next.

Besides "Miles Away" and "Hollywood" being there over bigger hits from the 90's (the 80's is represented perfectly), my main issue is the sequencing of Disc 2... especially the second half. Just seems like the tracks were put in randomly.

Who's That Girl followed by Frozen?

Don't Tell Me-->Live to Tell-->Cherish?

Maybe it's just me, but it doesn't flow like Disc 1.

don't take conclusions like these. it will probably be something remixed or continuous mixed, I am sure the songs were not just thrown away, just like this.