"Celebration" OFFICIAL TRACKLIST!

cosmic_system

I don't understand the HATE for Evita and that amazing song that is "You Must Love Me".

I guess it was a credits problem as Danny said, since she loved that album (but DCFMA was on GHV2..so..I don't really get it).

Why would "You Must Love Me" cause problems with writers' credits but "Holiday", "Lucky Star", "Like A Virgin", "Material Girl", "Dress You Up" and "Crazy For You" didn't? "Papa Don't Preach" was primarily written by someone else, as was "Justify My Love", but all of those tracks appear on this collection - it's more a case of Madonna/Warners feeling that other tracks were more important/worthy.

"Miles Away" is the only song that can't be considered a hit or classic - "Give It 2 Me" or "Deeper and Deeper" should have been included instead. The general public won't know the song and will think it's one of the new tracks...which may actually be the reason for its inclusion. Remember that Anna Henstridge mentioned that there would be a song that "almost got away" on there...?

Guest Pud Whacker

Why would "You Must Love Me" cause problems with writers' credits but "Holiday", "Lucky Star", "Like A Virgin", "Material Girl", "Dress You Up" and "Crazy For You" didn't? "

well, for one, she wrote that lucky star.

but evita is a separate thing from her recording career, imo. just leave it alone. she knows, thank god.

Guest Pud Whacker

One DVD disc can run for over 3 hours. To not use up 2 DVDs worth of space and include all her videos is pretty lame. Just give us the goods :dazed:

then there wont be complaining fans. :rotfl:

she has always left her fans wanting more. shes not bjork puking the everything on a dvd. you know?

Guest Coked Up Baby Boy

she has always left her fans wanting more. shes not bjork puking the everything on a dvd. you know?

That's a shame.

I don't want her career in shitty pieces, but anyway....

Has stereomover ever posted concrete info that turned out to be accurate? I don't recall any.

Um, "4 Minutes" always was going to be "favored" over GI2M. lol And, YMLM replaced by CFY? I don't think so- like CFY was never going to be part of the tracklist.

Guest Pud Whacker

That's a shame.

I don't want her career in shitty pieces, but anyway....

hmmm, i dont know. on one hand i would love everything. on the other, i love coming across things later. and, i would just die if dear jessie (which yes, its an official release) was on ANYTHING.

Guest nothingfails0603

Watch the DVD miss something essential, making it that we have to keep our TIC and 93-99 DVD's. Kinda like how if you want all of MJ's music videos, you need to buy about five different titles, and even then there's still a few missing clips.

It's stupid to include a nothing song like Miles Away and leave off Rain or Playground. But oh well, overall a good track listing.

Someone silence this neutrofucktard once and for all please.

I'd replace "Miles Away" with "Rain".

Guest Coked Up Baby Boy

I just figure, it's not like we haven't SEEN all her past work before. Why WAIT to release things? Just throw it all on something official and give it to the people :dazed:

This "sprinkling" of goodies is just annoying. It's a video collection, put all the vids on, why is that so hard?

Not that it matters, she's getting my money for all this whether it's a complete collection or not, the cunt :lol:

Guest nothingfails0603

I just figure, it's not like we haven't SEEN all her past work before. Why WAIT to release things? Just throw it all on something official and give it to the people :dazed:

This "sprinkling" of goodies is just annoying. It's a video collection, put all the vids on, why is that so hard?

Not that it matters, she's getting my money for all this whether it's a complete collection or not, the cunt :lol:

I agree. Considering she's leaving Warner, making it the end of an era of sorts, a complete video collection would make sense and it would be a reasonable seller IMO because she and MJ have always been the two artists most respected for their contributions to the video artform, and a collection of everything would hold its own in sales.

well, for one, she wrote that lucky star.

but evita is a separate thing from her recording career, imo. just leave it alone. she knows, thank god.

Sorry! Obviously I meant "Borderline" :) I actually thought "Borderline" in my head as a typed LS... :( I need a holiday....

ALL of her writers/co-writers will receive a cut from the sales of this collection, so the royalties excuse for not including YMLM is completely unfounded.

Guest beachboi-69

:lmao: American Life is finally FORGOTTEN.

That 20 minutes or so on CD 2, from Tracks 10 to 14 will be a bit of a DRAG. But Live To Tell will sparkle even brighter after those DUDS, even if it is unnecessarily hidden at the end of the second disc.

And :lmao: at how she's AGAIN trying to cement DAD and Hollywood's legacy. It's not going to happen.

But CD1, bar the inclusion of Sorry, is arguably the STRONGEST greatest hits single disc in decades.

Hollywood and DAD.... Are two of my all time favorites if they were not included I would have been very dissapointed.

Everyone at the clubs just loved "Hollywood"... you would have thought it was a number 1 record from the reactions. I pray it's the remix of Hollywood!

Suprised that Miles Away was included... would have rather had I'll Remember.

Edited by beachboi-69

The original album version of Hollywood is stellar. It would be stupid to put a remix on, just to please a few clueless fans. Ultimately, this collection is geared for longtime casual fans....not loons craving obscure remixes.

It needs to include the versions that everybody knows (i.e. the ones that were played on the radio) - the few exceptions would be Hung Up and 4 Minutes, since their radio edits were markedly different to the album versions. The original single versions of Like A Prayer and Express Yourself MUST be the ones they use! Many young people I know haven't even heard the original version of LAP because of the version on TIC. This must change :)

Overall, I'm really happy with the track listing, although I would have preferred GI2M over Miles Away and Deeper and Deeper over one of the "Madonna" tracks. Hollywood also sticks out a bit, but it was a UK #2, so it was still a significant hit. It will be brilliant having remastered versions of her older tracks...which is why it's a shame that there's not a four disc version containing every single she ever released!

TIC will still continue to sell as a catalogue item, since it will be the only way of getting her 1980-1991 hits in chronological order on one CD without hits from other eras. For some people, this is what Madonna represents to them and they can live without the rest of her output (more fool them, but to each their own!).

CD 1:

01) Hung Up

02) Music

03) Vogue

04) 4 Minutes

05) Holiday

06) Like A Virgin

07) Into The Groove

08) Everybody

09) Like A Prayer

10) Ray Of Light

11) Sorry

12) Express Yourself

13) Open Your Heart

14) Borderline

15) Secret

16) Erotica

17) Justify My Love

18) Celebration

CD 2:

01) Dress You Up

02) Material Girl

03) La Isla Bonita

04) Papa Don't Preach

05) Lucky Star

06) Burning Up

07) Crazy For You

08) Who's That Girl

09) Frozen

10) Miles Away

11) Take A Bow

12) Beautiful Stranger

13) Hollywood

14) Die Another Day

15) Don't Tell Me

16) Live To Tell

17) Cherish

18) Revolver

madonnatribe

:thumbsup:

'Erotica' is next to 'Justify My Love'!? :clap::clap::clap:

I wish she would have spread them out to not water down their individual fabulousness by putting them next to each other, given there similar theme...

overall, i think it's a great tracklist, but very lop-sided. as much as i love that she put in so many of the 80s classics that deserve greater recognition, i think she sorely neglected erotica...to not include deeper and deeper is tragic, and rain is one of her biggest hits in the u.s., and otherwise one of her best ballads

Yay! No I'll Remember (So glad she forgot!)

I'm also thrilled that Hollywood is included over AL. TUTBMP is a good track but it's hardly like casual fans would notice that it's not included or even care.

hmmm, i dont know. on one hand i would love everything. on the other, i love coming across things later. and, i would just die if dear jessie (which yes, its an official release) was on ANYTHING.

ha! so you hate 'Dear Jessie'? :boxing::boxing:

The original album version of Hollywood is stellar. It would be stupid to put a remix on, just to please a few clueless fans. Ultimately, this collection is geared for longtime casual fans....not loons craving obscure remixes.

totally agree! :thumbsup:

How was it really "ruined/"horrendous"? Q-Sound seem to me was the latest technology before "surround sound" became largely popular? It seemed to me the same concept. I really don't see how it really "ruined it" being you had to have some pretty decent speakers to hear the sound.

It sounds dreadful - tinny and like it was recorded in a barn - let's face it, if it was such a success, why did we never hear of it again? And I don't like surround sound but it's just a preference, oK?

Ok, the 180 minutes dvd thing is just the running time on amazon.The real official thing we know, from the dutch press release and Billboard, is that it's a 2 dvd set.Amazon might be wrong and MAYBE it's 180 minutes on each dvd.Le'ts just wai and see.

I am very pleased that Human Nature did not make the list :) :) :) Also have always found Rain to be boring!

My top 5 songs she missed would be:

1. American Life - I actually really do like this song a LOT. Very innovative and different.

2. You Must Love Me

3. Drowned World

4. The Power of Goodbye

5. Deeper and Deeper - a true classic.