"Celebration" OFFICIAL TRACKLIST!

cosmic_system

Tracklist is good! Live to tell and who's that girl are on it, the songs I was hoping for. I'm just curious about what will happen for belgium now, frozen is on it. i would hate to miss on all the promo and excitement in the country of the new cd just because of the ban of frozen. the wallonian was already so pissed off, saying m thinks shes above the law, when she sang it on her show.

TIC always will be one of my favorite releases, though- unlike the new album, it has the tracks from that era in chronological order, which maximizes the impact.

The tracklisting has some era "clashes"- we have "Music," "Vogue," "4 Minutes" and "Holiday" sequenced together; and then the next "clash" is "Like a Prayer"/"Ray of Light"/"Sorry"/"Express Yourself." Then "Borderline"/"Secret." I'd say that even tho JML is part of TIC era and "Erotica" isn't, not much of a clash there with those two.

On disc 2, there's "Who's That Girl" and "Frozen" bumping into each other, and then "Frozen" bumping into "Miles Away," which then butts heads with "Take a Bow." "Beautiful Stranger" meets "Hollywood", and closing out the hits on disc 2, "Don't Tell Me" precedes 80s classics "Live to Tell" and "Cherish."

I agree the order seems a bit off, butI suspect that is more something fans would be more aware of than anything. Though, I don't doubt that the order could jar the flow of the album.

I'd think that using the majority of the tracks from TIC is a better risk than GHV2 since TIC has had a better run. I expect they still wish to pull sales from the GHV2. However, if that is the case, why pull it from ITUNES??

so that's it?

there isn't any bonus material?

this has turned into a flop celebration

i assume its just the tracklist of the audio cd's that they are revealing to us now.. the rest will come later. (otherwise there would be about ten more pages complaining about it)

loving the track list!! can't wait to hear what the dvd has to offer. madonnatribe posted this is to be released 21 sep. did it get moved up a weekor is it a typo?

:vanitybonet:

grazing in the grass is a gas, baby, can you dig it?

Edited by GroovyGirl

Let's re-arrange the so-called-official tracklisting:

08) Everybody

05) Holiday

05) Lucky Star

14) Borderline

06) Burning Up

06) Like A Virgin

02) Material Girl

01) Dress You Up

07) Crazy For You

07) Into The Groove

16) Live To Tell

04) Papa Don't Preach

13) Open Your Heart

03) La Isla Bonita

08) Who's That Girl

09) Like A Prayer

12) Express Yourself

17) Cherish

03) Vogue

17) Justify My Love

16) Erotica

15) Secret

11) Take A Bow

09) Frozen

10) Ray Of Light

12) Beautiful Stranger

02) Music

15) Don't Tell Me

14) Die Another Day

13) Hollywood

01) Hung Up

11) Sorry

04) 4 Minutes

10) Miles Away

18) Celebration

18) Revolver

----------------------------

Observation:

- 16 out of 17 TIC tracks are included, are they trying to kill one of their all-time SKU? :manson:

- I can understand why they include "Everybody", but "Burning Up"? :manson:

- No sign of UK #1 i.e. TB & AP?

- DYU, Hollywood & MA made it to the GH instead of bigger hits like CAC, TUTBMP & D&D? :manson:

so that's it?

there isn't any bonus material?

this has turned into a flop celebration

Yes, the first 10000 customer who pre-ordered will get this:

The English Roses #11 - American Dreams

61VRevR-oVL._SS500_.jpg

And I didn't know that all of the tracks would be remastered does this mean it might be mixed around like for her tours? what exactly do they mean with "remastering"?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Remaster

"it generally implies quality enhancement of sound and/or picture to a previously existing recording"

I guess nobody is going to be 100% happy with the final tracklist. Personally, I will miss Get Together. I have a friend who is going to DIE when he learns that only Erotica made the cut :chuckle:

Anyway LETS CELEBRATE!!!

I don't really know what to say - if the tracks are remixed it will be interesting but if they are just polished up then it really makes no difference to me what the listing is as I own everything. At least it won't be the horrendous Q-sound that ruined TIC.

My only real hope is that there is a vinyl release. Anyone heard anything?

horn, how is D&D a bigger hit than DYU, exactly? :) In both original runs and recurrent (USA), it's more of a hit.

Very glad that APie doesn't look like it will be on- it doesn't add anything to her canon. Not saying every single track on the list does, but at least let's keep it to songs Madonna had some hand either in composing or unleashing upon the world.

Only explanation RE "Miles Away" is the aforementioned nod to Japan.

"Hollywood"? Beats me. It was part of the infamous VMAs bruhaha, about theo nly thing important about it that I can see.

I don't really know what to say - if the tracks are remixed it will be interesting but if they are just polished up then it really makes no difference to me what the listing is as I own everything. At least it won't be the horrendous Q-sound that ruined TIC.

How was it really "ruined/"horrendous"? Q-Sound seem to me was the latest technology before "surround sound" became largely popular? It seemed to me the same concept. I really don't see how it really "ruined it" being you had to have some pretty decent speakers to hear the sound.

Guest Danny86
Only explanation RE "Miles Away" is the aforementioned nod to Japan.

"Hollywood"? Beats me. It was part of the infamous VMAs bruhaha, about theo nly thing important about it that I can see.

Or maybe they just wanted to represent all her albums equally in this decade. It's not like "Sorry" adds much more after "Hung Up" either.

And yes, like I said, it's very possible the VMA mix will be used, being more dancy and all.

So this is the breakdown:

The 80s - 18 Hits

Madonna - 5 (Everybody, Burning Up, Holiday, Lucky Star, Borderline)

Like a Virgin - 3 (Material Girl, Like a Virgin, Dress You Up) (missing: Angel)

Vision Quest - 1 (Crazy For You) (missing: Gambler)

Desperately Seeking Susan - 1 (Into the Groove)

True Blue - 4 (Papa Don't Preach, Open Your Heart, Live to Tell, La Isla Bonita) (missing: True Blue)

Who's That Girl - 1 (Who's That Girl) (missing: Causing a Commotion, The Look of Love)

Like a Prayer - 3 (Like a Prayer, Express Yourself, Cherish) (missing: Oh Father, Dear Jessie, Keep it Together)

The 90s - 8 Hits

I'm Breathless - 1 (Vogue) (missing: Hanky Panky)

The Immaculate Collection - 1 (Justify My Love) (missing: Rescue Me)

Erotica - 1 :shock:(Erotica) (missing: Deeper and Deeper, Bad Girl, Fever, Bye Bye Baby, Rain)

Bedtime Stories - 2 (Secret, Take a Bow) (missing: Bedtime Story, Human Nature)

Something to Remember - 0 :((missing: I Want You, I'll Remember, You'll See, This Used to Be My Playground, One More Chance)

Evita - 0 :D(missing: You Must Love Me, Don't Cry For Me Argentina, Another Suitcase in Another Hall, Buenos Aires)

Ray of Light - 2 (Ray of Light, Frozen) (missing: Drowned World, The Power of Goodbye, Nothing Really Matters)

Austin Powers - 1 (Beautiful Stranger)

The 00s - 8 Hits

The Next Best Thing - 0 (missing: American Pie)

Music - 2 (Music, Don't Tell Me) (missing: What it Feels Like For a Girl)

American Life - 2 (Hollywood, Die Another Day) (missing: American Life, Nothing Fails, Love Profusion)

Confessions on a Dance Floor - 2 (Hung Up, Sorry) (missing: Get Together, Jump)

Hard Candy - 2 (4 Minutes, Miles Away) (missing: Give it 2 Me)

Other - 0 (missing: Me Against the Music, Hey You)

Thank you for breaking this down!!!! It's interesting to see what's missing.

:)

svper- "Buenos Aires" was a club-only single- so if you're listing that as missing, you may as well do the same for "Physical Attraction," "Impressive Instant," "Nobody Knows Me" and "Mother and Father."

You also neglcted to include "Love Don't Live Here Anymore" as missing from STR. And what about "Spotlight?"

Otherwise, great breakdown. ;)

I am utterly shocked and disappointed about Give it to Me!!! Its my fave Madge song ever and it aint there but Miles Away is??!!! Ok Japan but so! Give it to Me is just awesome, why oh why was it left out?! :(

Other than that heart attack, glad that Dres you Up and Who's that Girl are presant!

Guest bedtimestorynyc

Another question. Hasn't it been mentioned before that there are going to be remixed versions of the old hits?

Guest bedtimestorynyc

Says who?

she refused to sing it as a request song in Mexico City (during S&S). She clearly said to the fan who requested it..... "Cherish?! Fuck you!!"

she refused to sing it as a request song in Mexico City (during S&S). She clearly said to the fan who requested it..... "Cherish?! Fuck you!!"

That doesn't mean she hates it. Perhaps she just didn't feel like it fit the vibe of the show. Cherish is a pop masterpiece, and I'm so glad it made the cut. :thumbsup:

A very good tracklist overall, however there are some glaring omissions which is bound to happen. 'Deeper & Deeper' being the biggest oversight IMO.

I was almost sure that she would demand that 'Human Nature' be there since it seems to be one of her faves. I could care less that it's missing but it better be on the DVD. I figured that another possibilty would be 'Drowned World' for the same reason.

I'm thrilled that 'Burning Up' made the cut...however why the FUCK is 'Hollywood' there!?!

Guest Coked Up Baby Boy

It's stupid to include a nothing song like Miles Away and leave off Rain or Playground. But oh well, overall a good track listing.

Someone silence this neutrofucktard once and for all please.