"Celebration" OFFICIAL TRACKLIST!

cosmic_system

Guest Danny86

We knew the songs were 2 since the official press release.She did more songs but just 2 are on it.

And Guy also said only 2 songs would be used from the Oakenfold & DJ Frank E sessions.

A knockout tracklisting and I'm happy to see "Who's That Girl?" getting the nod it deserves. A shocker that "Hollywood" made the cut. But let's not count "American Life" out, the DVD has another story to tell..... :dramatic::inlove:

Guest Xanthium

I think You'll See, I'll Remember and This Used to Be My Playground were left off so people will still buy Something To Remember and You Must Love Me and Don't Cry For Me Argentina so people will still buy the Evita soundtrack. Give It 2 Me should replace Miles Away. Other than that, excellent tracklist!

Oh and HOORAY for a remastered Who's That Girl!!!

"AGAIN"??? Not following?

And remind me how Madonnatribe suddenly became an "official source"? Keep in mind, I am not doubting it's not true, but if MT has some official source they are pulling it from, I think that should be mentioned, since anyone could think this is just another set list pulled out of a head of a rabid and wishful thinking fan.

Oh for once in your life just SHUT THE FUCK UP PLEASE.

"AGAIN"??? Not following?

And remind me how Madonnatribe suddenly became an "official source"? Keep in mind, I am not doubting it's not true, but if MT has some official source they are pulling it from, I think that should be mentioned, since anyone could think this is just another set list pulled out of a head of a rabid and wishful thinking fan.

Please, their track record proves they are a reliable source.

Everybody knows that when Madonnatribe post something it's official even if it's not madonna.com

So no, you are probably the only one thinking it's another fake setlist.Why do you care about the source?I really don't get it.

Actually, I didn't say it was a "fake set list". In fact, I stated that it's likely true. I simply questioned how do we know if it's official? I didn't even bring up Madonnatribe until you quoted me inserting that Madonnatribe is a place for official info. I would have questioned the validity whomever the source was. So you need to get off my back whenever I question the validity of something coming from Madonnatribe.

And why do I care about the source?? Um, duh big red truck... no doubt, if this was any other "unofficial source", you would have questioned the validity of it as well, so I don't get why you assume MT is an official source? In fact, I've seen plenty of info that Madonnatribe has posted that did not come true. And if I am correct, this isn't the first set list Madonnatribe posted.

What I don't really get is why you tend to get offended everytime someone questions MT's info? It's a fan site. The owners will tell you themselves they aren't an official source for news.

I'm really surprised at the inclusion of "Burning Up". Fantastic!!! I think what will be most interesting is the kind of edits used for these songs. Will all songs be featured in their single versions? If that's the case, some of them are truly horrible. Anyone remember that awful "Hollywood [Radio Edit]"? I don't think that I've ever heard a song fade so fast. Sounds like someone turned the volume knob down on their sound system really fast. It was so easy to edit, too. I'll post my own "Hollywood" edit in the multimedia forum soon. Other edits I've just never really liked ... including "Hung Up" (too short), "4 Minutes" (where's the intro?), "Holiday" (the flawed "ion" version), "Ray Of Light" (some parts just sound like they were cut), "Sorry" (the "heard it all before" ending as heard in the LP version should have stayed), "Lucky Star" (sloppy slicing), and "Cherish" (miss the breakdown part as heard in the album and video versions). If anything, I think that the inclusion of these sloppy edits is what may ruin the overall package for me. I guess that I'll have to wait and see what we get. :) With that said, overall it's a very nice tracklisting. I like it. Surely, I would have preferred some tracks over others, but I'm pleased as a whole.

Please, their track record proves they are a reliable source.

Oh good gawd, please read what I actually post. I never said they WEREN'T a reliable source!!!!! If you read my first reply, you'd see I asked how we know it's "Official"??? I did NOT say that Madonnatribe wasn't reliable!! As stated in my above reply, I would have asked the same of any source.

And Suedehead, what a example you set for others here as a moderator, by telling people to "shut the fuck up" for just asking a valid question. I am not asking anything that may have crossed other people's mind. Good gawd, sometimes you guys can be nasty to others for the most ridiculous reasons!!

it just wouldn't be fresh Madonna news without a bit of useless drama thrown in the mix :inlove:

No drama from me. I'm actually speaking in a civil tone. I am not getting upset because someone dared to question the validity of it being "official". What a silly thing to tell someone to "shut the fuck up" over!! :manson:

No drama from me. I'm actually speaking in a civil tone. I am not getting upset because someone dared to question the validity of it being "official". What a silly thing to tell someone to "shut the fuck up" over!! :manson:

I was not pointing fingers at you hon. I was just speaking in general

If this indeed is the tracklisting, overall, pretty darn good. We get 16 of 17 Immaculate Collection tracks, plus "Everybody," "Burning Up," "Dress You Up" and "Who's That Girl."

Hopefully "Hollywood" will be something other than the album version. Surrised "Human Nature" isn't present- likely will be on the DVD, though.

The DVD probably will have clips for some tracks not on the CD (i.e. BStory, HN, AL), but I'd think the majority will be ones contained on the album (barring ones like CFY and LTT).

I was not pointing fingers at you hon. I was just speaking in general

Oh, i know you weren't, but obviously my response have gotten one or two in such a tizzy that they had to react nasty to me when I was just asking a valid question. And I would suggest for someone who has such issue with my replies to the point they have to use vulgar language, ordering me to "shut the fuck up", maybe they should just put me on ignore from this point on. I certainly want them to go into cardiac arrest because they didn't like because I asked a silly genuine civil question.

Hopefully "Hollywood" will be something other than the album version. Surrised "Human Nature" isn't present- likely will be on the DVD, though.

Yes will be the RADIO EDIT!!!! :lmao:

since when?? :confused:

He has a point really. The only reason to get Immaculate is "Rescue Me" and that's rectified by paying 79p for it on iTunes.

GHV2 though does have some tracks on it which aren't here so I guess it'd be a worthy £1 or £3 purchase :lmao:

BYE BYE MISS THE IMMACULATE COLLECTION!

IMMACULATE COLLECTION IS DEAD NOW!!!!!

GHV2 Still a good buy!!!

Well, Immaculate Collection definitely had a good run. I am hoping this new GH's set will simply be an updated replacement for the Immaculate Collection as well for the fans who enjoyed her work since then.

Love how "Like a Prayer" and "Ray of Light" are next to each other.

RE "Miles Away"- as it was SO popular in Japan, its inclusion is understandable, I suppose. The album likely will not have territory-specific tracklistings, and Japan is one of the biggest music markets in the world, so there ya go. It's a nod to the Japanese fans. :)

Guest Danny86

I saw GHV2 on sale in HMV on sale for £3 this week in quite a prominent position. I'm surprised why WB would want to increase it's sales before Celebration was released.

More likely they are trying to get rid of the unsold copies.

GHV2 is already gone from iTunes and it stopped selling well a long time ago, those 7 songs won't be a reason to keep it in print.

TIC always will be one of my favorite releases, though- unlike the new album, it has the tracks from that era in chronological order, which maximizes the impact.

The tracklisting has some era "clashes"- we have "Music," "Vogue," "4 Minutes" and "Holiday" sequenced together; and then the next "clash" is "Like a Prayer"/"Ray of Light"/"Sorry"/"Express Yourself." Then "Borderline"/"Secret." I'd say that even tho JML is part of TIC era and "Erotica" isn't, not much of a clash there with those two.

On disc 2, there's "Who's That Girl" and "Frozen" bumping into each other, and then "Frozen" bumping into "Miles Away," which then butts heads with "Take a Bow." "Beautiful Stranger" meets "Hollywood", and closing out the hits on disc 2, "Don't Tell Me" precedes 80s classics "Live to Tell" and "Cherish."

if true, its not bad at all!! Well, not as bad as I was expecting lol. The ONE song I noticed she REALLY shouldnt have included was Miles Away lol, and replaced it maybe with True Blue or CAC (but I get it, she never ever wants an association with those songs again)! lol. So, that said, with two 2 songs not included - no surprise - this is great news. Its blatant that disc #1 is of more value - has more of her biggest hits on it.