Slovenia Dumps Madonna

Guest dicktracy

Guest Coked Up Baby Boy

Australia is small, but it's not random :dazed: Everyone knows it and comes here.

Who wakes up and says "I know! i'll go to Kazakhstan for my next tour!!!" and expects to sell out shows??

Australia is small, but it's not random :dazed: Everyone knows it and comes here.

Who wakes up and says "I know! i'll go to Kazakhstan for my next tour!!!" and expects to sell out shows??

Maybe she's afraid a dingo will eat her African imported babies :fag:

But logistically it made far more sense for her to play a 'random' country in continental Europe when her tour is already there than to take it all the way across the globe. It's not about going to random countries at all - rather, it's about what makes more sense logistically and financially.

It may have seemed like a good idea at the time as she had never played Slovenia before and other dates she had played in the region recently all did well. I'm sure LiveNation knew MJ's gig in '97 was also cancelled but they probably overestimated Madonna's pulling power and the local economy.

The biggest idiocy on their part, I would say, is the fact that most Slovene fans probably already went to the Udine gig anyway. That's typical American ignorance of geography if you ask me..

Guest Coked Up Baby Boy

Maybe she's afraid a dingo will eat her African imported babies :fag:

00092626_.jpg

Sued, i know logistically it made sense. I'm only half serious really, but yes i know what you're saying :barett:

It may have seemed like a good idea at the time as she had never played Slovenia before and other dates she had played in the region recently all did well. I'm sure LiveNation knew MJ's gig in '97 was also cancelled but they probably overestimated Madonna's pulling power and the local economy.

I just discovered that the Killers played the same venue in Ljubljana (the Hippodrome) - as part of their Day & Age Tour - in June of this year and sold 30,000 tickets. There is YouTube video supporting this fact. Something must have went wrong, and again, I don't think it was ticket sales.

Guest Danny86

^Killers sold 30,000 and reportedly Madonna sold 24,000 the difference is not that huge. But it seems it wasn't worth to hold the Madonna show with that many people.

I still think it's the ticket sales. It is a small city & country and last year most likely many went to Vienna because it's really close. And this year there are so many shows nearby that there was no reason for any casuals to go to Ljubljana over any of those. When Hamburg got cancelled, fans who were supposed to attend the Ljubljana gig already said it might be the next one... Tickets just didn't sell well since day one.

^Killers sold 30,000 and reportedly Madonna sold 24,000 the difference is not that huge. But it seems it wasn't worth to hold the Madonna show with that many people.

I still think it's the ticket sales. It is a small city & country and last year most likely many went to Vienna because it's really close. And this year there are so many shows nearby that there was no reason for any casuals to go to Ljubljana over any of those. When Hamburg got cancelled, fans who were supposed to attend the Ljubljana gig already said it might be the next one... Tickets just didn't sell well since day one.

I dunno. I am sure it is cheaper to bring the Killers than Madonna. But Udine wasn't canceled and that only moved 28,000+ according to its Boxscore numbers. It just seems strange if something is selling so poorly to cancel it right before the show. Surely Live Nation knew the tally long ago. I guess it could still be the local promoters' decision if they think they'll be taking a hit.

Guest sanctuary

I dunno. I am sure it is cheaper to bring the Killers than Madonna. But Udine wasn't canceled and that only moved 28,000+ according to its Boxscore numbers. It just seems strange if something is selling so poorly to cancel it right before the show. Surely Live Nation knew the tally long ago. I guess it could still be the local promoters' decision if they think they'll be taking a hit.

In Udine the stadium was almost packed, is only a 40000 capacity venue not a 60/70000 like in Lubjana and we were more than 28000 people, I think 33/35000.

Who told her to go there in the first place? Do they even know who she is? What a fuck up country!

Do u know anything about Slovenia? Please research before posting. Its one of the most developed and modern countries in central and east europe and it was chairing SUCSESSFULLY EU quite recently.

Guest Danny86

^Yep, some of the comments acting like this was Albania or something.

I bet many of these people don't even know that Slovenia is part of the European Union but for example Croatia isn't.

Exactly. Its amazing how some people are risking to come off as ignorants just because they didnt even try to do some research before posting. Slovenia is small, but quite rich country, that was for centuries part of the Austro-hungarian empire and there is much of Austrian influence you could see and feel in Lublyana. Its their loss they never visited Slovenia. But if I do not know something I try to not comment it. But its just me I guess.

^Yep, some of the comments acting like this was Albania or something.

it's worse it has a lot less charm for sure, shit country through and through and I mean that literally, everytime you drive through that country smell of the cow shit from the nearby fields sneaks into your car and there's no air conditioning that can save you .

Guest Madximo

Oh Please, Slovenia is nothing like Kazakhstan or other far coutries! It borders Italy and it's quite a modern and developed central European country!! I live in Trieste which is on the border with Slovenia and it's a pleasure to go there for me!

I'm sad they had to cancel the concert, they should have decided before, so fan could come to Udine. :(

Btw, playing two gigs in two neighbouring regions (in the range of less than 200 km) was not an excellent idea though. :S

Exactly. Its amazing how some people are risking to come off as ignorants just because they didnt even try to do some research before posting. Slovenia is small, but quite rich country, that was for centuries part of the Austro-hungarian empire and there is much of Austrian influence you could see and feel in Lublyana. Its their loss they never visited Slovenia. But if I do not know something I try to not comment it. But its just me I guess.

People's comments were clearly ridiculously ignorant, but what does this have to do with anything? :lol:

People's comments were clearly ridiculously ignorant, but what does this have to do with anything? :lol:

Most of those ignorant people try to pass Slovenia as some third world country while in fact its a beautiful EU country with long and interesting history.

Eh... The EU isn't what it USED to be with all those SHITTY COUNTRIES joining. I mean BULGARIA and ROMANIA are in :queenbitch:

Bulgaria is beautiful country. Check your facts, ok? I love my country. I ve been in Bucharest too. I liked it.

Bulgaria is beautiful country. Check your facts, ok? I love my country. I ve been in Bucharest too. I liked it.

come one Elijah only GSM has issues about Romania and Bulgaria. don't bother :)

Slovenia is kind of lame and I live here.

The only reason The Killers performed here because out mobile operator Mobitel paid them the didn't sell out nothing. Mobitel gave the tickets for free to is subscribers.

Were tickets expensive there?

Also, as an artist, how successful is she in Slovenia. Some here have criticised her for playing there but we don't know how successful she is as an artist?

Guest BrentVanZant

"Ljubljana" is a REAL country? :confused:

At first I thought dicktracy made up this story by simply pressing any keys to create the country "Ljubljana" :crazy:

you can't read, can you? it's a capital city, not a country. :doh: