Stars on Madonna

elijah

"The history of women in popular music can, pretty much, be divided into before and after Madonna." Susan Sarandon

"Working with Madonna is something to tell to your grandsons."

Daddy G, Massive Attack's vocalist.

"Just the fact that she made it look good to control your own life when that was something that was not supposed to be very sexy for a woman. She's one of the few women who has remained true to herself and been a character."

Bjork

"She worked out her moves in the mirror the night before we’d shoot. She would work so hard. She was not someone who went out clubbing every night. She was the one who said, ‘I want to be there at 5.30 in the morning so I have enough time to get the hair and make-up right.’ So before the crew had even arrived, she would be there. By the time she arrived at the set she was smiling and she did her job. And she did her job brilliantly."

Alan Parker

"Madonna's probably the most disciplined person around and so I can only pale in comparison. It's just too impressive."

Sarah Jessica Parker

"She's John Lennon and Yoko Ono at the same time". Jean-Baptiste Mondino

"It was terrifying, it was like kissing the Eiffel Tower in terms of how famous she is."

Mike Myers on Madonna being his best ever on-screen kiss.

"I just want to say how much I enjoyed Madonna's performance. She is an absolute professional and she makes us all look like amateurs."

Robbie Williams

"She's the only person I've ever approached - she had such an impact on my life as a kid. She lost her mother too and came on MTV when I was 13 saying it was OK to be sad. Our family had handled my mother's death in a traditional, never-speak-of-her-again kind of way. It was only when I heard Madonna that I thought, 'That's it. I've never really grieved for my mother.' She gave me permission to do that and I wanted her to know how much it had helped me. She's just fantastic."

Ellen Pompeo on how Madonna helped her cope with the loss of

her mother.

"The French like burgers, Madonna and Miami Vice."

French president, Nicolas Sarkozy

I like the last one in particular. :chuckle:

getting snubbed by dre and george clooney...

<object width="384" height="313"><param name="movie" value="

name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="384" height="313" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object> Edited by tricky28

Guest waiting

getting snubbed by dre and george clooney...

<object width="384" height="313"><param name="movie" value="

name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="384" height="313" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>

OMGGG! That was NOT her night... first the incident with Courtney, and then Dre, then Clooney. I wonder why... maybe she said/or did something to piss everyone off prior or maybe everyone just hated her in 1995. She must have felt like shit (and I feel sorry for whoever she blew off steam at), but then she dished it out many times during her career so...

Guest hot revolver

OMGGG! That was NOT her night... first the incident with Courtney, and then Dre, then Clooney. I wonder why... maybe she said/or did something to piss everyone off prior or maybe everyone just hated her in 1995. She must have felt like shit (and I feel sorry for whoever she blew off steam at), but then she dished it out many times during her career so...

omg yea, and hardly anyone applaused her.

LOL Mimi's sooo cute!!

Whitney's had beef with the Madge as well in the past for reasons i'm unsure of! I recall reading a quote back in the day by her that read that if any of her kids grew up to like her, she'd kill 'em? Hmmm

Sade said M was like a hamburger..too much and you eventually get sick of lol

Clooney and Dre were such shits in those VMA clips, wankers..who cares though..M looked yum!

omg yea, and hardly anyone applaused her.

I guess that I didn't pay attention to the applause when she came out, but when George Clooney was presenting "Best Female" video, I noticed the applause and cheering was much more for Madonna's TAKE A BOW than all the other videos.

CAN SOMEONE SAY WHAT CLOONEY AND DRE SAID ABOUT MADONNA!!!!!!!!!!!! I CANT SEE THE VIDEO!!!!

Well Dr. Dre REALLY Didnt do anything to her.

She Presented him the award and he took it, thats all i saw. :dazed:

BUT CLOONEY!!! :rant: THAT ASSHOLE!!!!!!!!

"And the Winner is... Madonna?"

When She takes the Award from him, SHE TRIES TO KISS HIM ON THE CHEEK,

but He Turns his Head. :lol:

CAN SOMEONE SAY WHAT CLOONEY AND DRE SAID ABOUT MADONNA!!!!!!!!!!!! I CANT SEE THE VIDEO!!!!

I think some are over exaggerating. But it seems some think that since Clooney and Dr. Dre didn't affectionately embrace her in the slightest, that they snubbed her. I think Clooney's reaction to her is a little more telling than Dr. Dre as I would think Dr. Dre may have just been pre-occupied what he was going to say. Though from watching the footage with Clooney, he did quickly dodge Madonna when she arrived. But it could have just been the awkward angle the camera was. There was some embrace, but it was quick. Though, I really don't see why people have to assume and call him "asshole" just because he didn't stand there and feel her up in front of everyone.

What I noticed more is Madonna seemed quite awkward/uncomfortable both times in that video. I just felt like she was the loneliest girl in the world while standing up there. It was like she was starving for some attention and no one really reacted.

Guest waiting

Well Dr. Dre REALLY Didnt do anything to her.

She Presented him the award and he took it, thats all i saw. :dazed:

BUT CLOONEY!!! :rant: THAT ASSHOLE!!!!!!!!

"And the Winner is... Madonna?"

When She takes the Award from him, SHE TRIES TO KISS HIM ON THE CHEEK,

but He Turns his Head. :lol:

:lmao:

I think some are over exaggerating. But it seems some think that since Clooney and Dr. Dre didn't affectionately embrace her in the slightest, that they snubbed her. I think Clooney's reaction to her is a little more telling than Dr. Dre as I would think Dr. Dre may have just been pre-occupied what he was going to say. Though from watching the footage with Clooney, he did quickly dodge Madonna when she arrived. But it could have just been the awkward angle the camera was. There was some embrace, but it was quick. Though, I really don't see why people have to assume and call him "asshole" just because he didn't stand there and feel her up in front of everyone.

What I noticed more is Madonna seemed quite awkward/uncomfortable both times in that video. I just felt like she was the loneliest girl in the world while standing up there. It was like she was starving for some attention and no one really reacted.

I think when people are saying that Clooney and Dre snubbed her they are just making silly little off-the-cuff remarks that aren't meant to be taken with 1/10 of the sincerity that you take them. :thumbsup:

I think when people are saying that Clooney and Dre snubbed her they are just making silly little off-the-cuff remarks that aren't meant to be taken with 1/10 of the sincerity that you take them. :thumbsup:

Look, I'm just discussing the topic. There is no need to purposely take a jab and assume I'm trying to be so serious. And honestly, if what you say is so true then why would people use such vile and profane language to describe these people.

If your intent is to shit stir with me, it ends here!!

Look, I'm just discussing the topic. There is no need to purposely take a jab and assume I'm trying to be so serious. And honestly, if what you say is so true then why would people use such vile and profane language to describe these people.

If your intent is to shit stir with me, it ends here!!

Ok. You got me. :lol:

thanks for posting the clip, it took me back in a nostalgic vehicle when MTV nominated real "Music"...but What a night for M! First the Dr.Dre, Clooney snub then it was followed by the Courtney Love incident after the show....it def was not her night, although she did win best female video in one of her most iconic ensembles and hair... :dramatic: at a time when VMA's mattered. that deserves a double :dramatic::dramatic:

P.S. Didnt she contact Dr. Dre to work on her Confessions album during the initial stages of recording the album?

So Mariah likes Madonna? :shock: Has anyone got any quotes on Madonna about Mariah? (In a positive light, Not the 1994 shit)

Madonna is asked about Mariah in this interview and actually says something positive about her:

Madonna is asked about Mariah in this interview and actually says something positive about her:

uh, that candy shop looks delicious!! :drool::drool:

did she say she liked her record or her? I didn't hear the actual words...

does anyone know where I can find the FULL interview??

Connie Francis in reply to Larry King regarding Madonna overtaking Connie........."I think Madonna is talented but I have to say, Sorry Madonna. Like a Virgin should have been my song. I lived it!" (reflecting upon her father's reputation of overprotecting her).