Stars on Madonna

elijah

Boy George On Madonna: "I just think she's a vile, hideous human being with no redeeming qualities. There's nothing nice about her. I've never heard anyone say anything nice about her at all. And anyone that's ever met her she's been vile to. Vile, full of herself - so unspiritual. How has this woman got away with it for so long?"

http://www.virginmedia.com/music/pictures/toptens/bitchiestpopstars.php?ssid=5

Amy Whinehpuse On Madonna: "Now she's an old lady. She can't shock people any more, I think she should get a nice band, just stand in front of them and f**king sing"

Elton John On Madonna: "I think anyone who lip-synchs on stage when you pay like 75 quid to see them should be shot. That's me off her f**king Christmas card list but do I give a toss? No."

http://www.virginmedia.com/music/pictures/toptens/bitchiestpopstars.php?ssid=6

Certainly, there have been plenty of celebrities who have said some really nice things about her. So I don't understand why you just posted these three negative comments? Thanks for further proving to me that we live in a society that loves to focus on negativity rather positive stuff. It just amazes me how (especially) Madonna fans love to rip Madonna to shreds more than anyone person I know that genuinely loathes her.

Certainly, there have been plenty of celebrities who have said some really nice things about her. So I don't understand why you just posted these three negative comments? Thanks for further proving to me that we live in a society that loves to focus on negativity rather positive stuff. It just amazes me how (especially) Madonna fans love to rip Madonna to shreds more than anyone person I know that genuinely loathes her.

This was my thought too,always negativity... :thumbsdown: There are plenty of positive quotes from people about M,plenty.

Amy Whinehpuse On Madonna: "Now she's an old lady. She can't shock people any more, I think she should get a nice band, just stand in front of them and f**king sing"

Oh yes!

I hope that madonna will do this, maybe in a few years time...

and a lot of famous people have been nice to her

Some people should just go 2 another fucking forum if they can't handle MNATION.

I think Boy George's quote is hilarious..he's always a miserable cunt & a total bitch

about celebs who were around during his culture club reign..u just have 2 laugh..I mean bitch ended up in jail.

There's no need 4 this Madonna shits rose petals so let's all hold hands & channel positivity bullshit every time

people say something negative....

Like OMG Becky..yeah..I mean...like totally

cbml3.jpg

Some people should just go 2 another fucking forum if they can't handle MNATION.

I think Boy George's quote is hilarious..he's always a miserable cunt & a total bitch

about celebs who were around during his culture club reign..u just have 2 laugh..I mean bitch ended up in jail.

There's no need 4 this Madonna shits rose petals so let's all hold hands & channel positivity bullshit every time

people say something negative....

It's not just "MNATION". It seems to be the thing to do at all the forums. Bitching and complaining about her career rather just enjoying it. I really don't think anyone is asking anyone to "hold hands and channel positivity". I think some are just sick and tired of how some focus far more attention on the negativity and even over-exaggerate it, rather just appreciate the artist she is. I think Danny said it best in another thread... "They (fans) are fed by what "other people" think, instead of their own enjoyment." After all, much of the negativity is based on what others perceive of her as well as over-exaggerating the negativity that is being fed to people by the media!

I also like to point out that it isn't so much that I have an issue in what these celebrities said. It's just the fact that this thread (as like many others) was posted to once again to point out the negative perception of Madonna. Like you, I think Boy George is a just "miserable" person who is obviously jealous Madonna became and is more successful than he will ever be!!

I don't understand why people would have to go to another forum to hear something positive about Madonna......when this is supposed to be a FAN forum in the first place :wacko:

This place most definitely thrives on validating the stereotype of gay men as vicious cunty queens, who thrive on negativity. Those quotes are so old, and have been discussed to death on forums for years.....what exactly is the point of making yet another thread about them?

And the Amy Winehouse comment is absolutely LAUGHABLE coming from her.

I don't understand why people would have to go to another forum to hear something positive about Madonna......when this is supposed to be a FAN forum in the first place :wacko:

This place most definitely thrives on validating the stereotype of gay men as vicious cunty queens, who thrive on negativity. Those quotes are so old, and have been discussed to death on forums for years.....what exactly is the point of making yet another thread about them?

And the Amy Winehouse comment is absolutely LAUGHABLE coming from her.

Well said!!

"Madonna is the speedboat. The rest of us are just Go-Go's on jet skis."- Liz Phair

Yes! Love Liz even more for this quote. and thank you kurt40 for bringing it to our attention.

"She's the most complicated individual I've ever encountered. Her moods change radically - from bullying to funny, to supportive, to self-centred, to nurturing, to being and wanting to be the centre of attention. She's a one-man show, a very, very funny entertainer.

Sometimes she gets very exasperated, because I work in a very random way. I am organised in my own way - but not in a way you can necessarily identify. But she was very relaxed and organised. She doesn't deviate from her plans for anything, whereas I'm more lateral.

One of the nice things about Madonna is that she always wears amazing clothes. So if you're into clothes, like I am, it's amazing. If she's slovenly, it's slovenly in an interesting way. And it will be a different slovenly the next day.

I don't have that many friends, but I'd call Madonna one of those people. She certainly has given me a lot more than I've expected. In terms of confidence. In a nothing-to-do-with-music way, in a social environment, introducing me to people when I'm too shy - a couple of times when we've been out she's come up to me and said something that's made me feel like I belong." ~William Orbit http://www.independent.co.uk/arts-entertainment/music/features/william-orbit-amp-madonna-726205.html

Guest Coked Up Baby Boy

"She's the most complicated individual I've ever encountered. Her moods change radically - from bullying to funny, to supportive, to self-centred, to nurturing, to being and wanting to be the centre of attention. She's a one-man show, a very, very funny entertainer.

Sometimes she gets very exasperated, because I work in a very random way. I am organised in my own way - but not in a way you can necessarily identify. But she was very relaxed and organised. She doesn't deviate from her plans for anything, whereas I'm more lateral.

One of the nice things about Madonna is that she always wears amazing clothes. So if you're into clothes, like I am, it's amazing. If she's slovenly, it's slovenly in an interesting way. And it will be a different slovenly the next day.

I don't have that many friends, but I'd call Madonna one of those people. She certainly has given me a lot more than I've expected. In terms of confidence. In a nothing-to-do-with-music way, in a social environment, introducing me to people when I'm too shy - a couple of times when we've been out she's come up to me and said something that's made me feel like I belong." ~William Orbit http://www.independent.co.uk/arts-entertainment/music/features/william-orbit-amp-madonna-726205.html

:thumbsup:

When I saw this topic I thought Stars on 45 was back with a new Madonna medley :p but since we're posting favorite quotes...

“Madonna was great to work with because — I never really understood her mystique although I always liked her music. We met in New York, had dinner to discuss the album. And there was something so intoxicating about her. We were just the two of us at dinner and I was looking at her going, ‘Wow, she totally sucks you into her world. It’s like there’s nobody else in the restaurant.’ She had a great work ethic. A lot of artists, they want to be co producers just because they can. She wanted to be a co producer, but she earned it. She really knows her way around a studio. She works hard.” -David Foster

Here are some random quotes from other artist's I have in my archives:

"I think she looked better with a chest" -Patsy Kensit

"She looks like she stinks" -Robert Smith of The Cure

"She's so strong, beautiful and manipulative. All of which means she writes great songs" -Kim of Sonic Youth

"In many respects, she the perfect pop artist" -George Michael

"Madonna reinforces everything absurd and offensive. Desperate womanhood. Madonna is closer to organised prostitution than anything else" -Morrissey

"She looks like the bleedin' Hulk with a wig on" -Phil Oakey of the Human League

"Elton John is a fucking jerk! Madonna is at the top of her game" John Taylor of Duran Duran

"I like Madonna. She's funny. Every decade has it's big star and Madonna was it in the 80's. But the 80's are over" -Courtney Love

"I think she's really beautiful. I don't think she can sing though" Ali Campbell of UB40

Kim Wilde; "I had the top of the charts two years before Madonna came on the scene and stole my thunder. I remember seeing her and thinking, 'Here's trouble!'

"I'd be lying if I said it didn't get to me, but I never disliked her. And I look at her now and think she's amazing."

Donna Summer: " I have to take my hat off to people like Madonna. They keep doing it."

Danni Minogue: "I've followed her since I was a young teenager. I've never met her, but I think I'd be too scared to."

Guest bluejean

Like OMG Becky..yeah..I mean...like totally

cbml3.jpg

True. And the irony is that everything he said about her applies to himself twofold.

As for Amy, I actually agree that Madonna should try that in afew years time. But then Amy is hardly one to be giving tips of any kind considering her constant self destructive behaviour.

I always love to hear William's take on M,he seems very much to get what she's about.

At least some thinking people here got why I posted those quotes. The idea was the other members to post quotes about Madonna (good and bad). The idea came when I was reading those quotes on the bitchiest stars. So it was not my intention to be negative, it was to gather quotes about her from different stars.

Some forum members here are overdramatic.

The fact that the people here are able to make fun of Madonna and be negative about her and her work is what keeps this place sane. I hope it never turns into a shrine.

At least some thinking people here got why I posted those quotes. The idea was the other members to post quotes about Madonna (good and bad). The idea came when I was reading those quotes on the bitchiest stars. So it was not my intention to be negative, it was to gather quotes about her from different stars.

Some forum members here are overdramatic.

Fair enough, but maybe you should have mixed it up with the "good and bad" as you claim your intention was.