Do you think Celebration will be one of Madonnas biggest flops?

horn

"Celebration" isn't gonna be a hit in America.We need to accept that fact and move on.

"Revolver" is a better choice for US radio."Celebration" should have been released in Europe.

it's a stupid decision to release this outside of europe

she doesn't need additional flop singles in her catalog

Yup, it's already shaping up to be an EPIC :janetflop:

there should be 'a madonna-sized flop' smiley :dramatic:

Why can't some wait for the video and then see where it will go on the charts before writing it off??

I'd like to know how many times I've seen a new Madonna video and loved the song even more after seeing how she interpreted it.

I couldn't have said it any better myself! It's just amazing how some of us are cast as "holier than thou" and "confrontational" just because we are sick of the constant negativity from people. And yes, if that means some interpret me as being more superior than them than it's safe to say I probably am. I rather be appreciative than always being negative and bitchy!!

Thanks and same here!

it's a stupid decision to release this outside of europe

she doesn't need additional flop singles in her catalog

there should be 'a madonna-sized flop' smiley dramatic.gif

Janet sized flop is as low as she can get, no one has flopped harder than J, let's see if Madonna can beat that!

Guest waiting

I suppose 4 Minutes is better than both of them using this logic.

No, it wasn't; but it had Justin and Timbaland to help. Without them the song would have flopped hard.

I'm always puzzled when I hear fans say things like she never promotes anymore or like she used to etc. I guess because the Madonna I remember never promoted at all. Sending the song to radio and the video to MTV WAS her promotion.

Those damn fans who hopped on board during ROL/Music trying to rewrite history....Madonna created musical genres, promoted 24/7 and was a REAL ARTIST who didn't bother singing about something as pesky and petty as HAVING A GOOD TIME AND DANCING. :electropop:

Exactly right. I keep hearing that she's was such a master at promotion. That's just BS. I was a fan back in the 80's. She did rarely no promotion for her music. MTV was her vehicle for a long time. If anything, she was a master of controversy and manipulating the media to play in her favor and even then, it wasn't like she was trying too hard. She's done more TV appearances and mini concert promos and even more tours this decade than any other decade. Why?? Because it's more essential than back in the 80's and early 90's. People don't latch onto her stuff as easily anymore. And these days, the only thing that is exploited regarding her is where the media and even fans try to bring out the worst in her, such as criticizing her work-out regimen, her appearance, her involvement in Kaballah or her personal life, etc. Very little appreciation is given to the fact she's still here pumping out the music and packing in the arenas and stadiums.

Guest waiting

Exactly right. I keep hearing that she's was such a master at promotion. That's just BS. I was a fan back in the 80's. She did rarely no promotion for her music. MTV was her vehicle for a long time. If anything, she was a master of controversy and manipulating the media to play in her favor and even then, it wasn't like she was trying too hard. She's done more TV appearances and mini concert promos and even more tours this decade than any other decade. Why?? Because it's more essential than back in the 80's and early 90's. People don't latch onto her stuff as easily anymore. And these days, the only thing that is exploited regarding her is where the media and even fans try to bring out the worst in her, such as criticizing her work-out regimen, her appearance, her involvement in Kaballah or her personal life, etc. Very little appreciation is given to the fact she's still here pumping out the music and packing in the arenas and stadiums.

Blah blah blah, you sound like a broken record. Unlike you, some people have standards and aren't willing to just accept any kind of half-assed effort their favorite pop star is willing to put out just for the sake of making a few bucks or fulfilling a contract. She set the bar high in her career so its only natural that people expect the best from her. I appreciate that she's still putting stuff out but I'm not going to sit around and pretend her shit doesn't stink just because she is Madonna.

Blah blah blah, you sound like a broken record. Unlike you, some people have standards and aren't willing to just accept any kind of half-assed effort their favorite pop star is willing to put out just for the sake of making a few bucks or fulfilling a contract. She set the bar high in her career so its only natural that people expect the best from her. I appreciate that she's still putting stuff out but I'm not going to sit around and pretend her shit doesn't stink just because she is Madonna.

If you don't like anything she's done in recent years then it's probably just time to move on and appreciate things in the past that she has done that you enjoy. Not trying to be rude but I've never.....not once read anything that you've posted that is positive toward M. NEVER. And that is fine but it's just unusual to see somebody devote so much of their time to something/someone they have obviously grown out of. She may have been important to you at one point, obviously that moment has passed.

So waiting....when was the last time Madonna met YOUR "standards"?? What are those standards?

Uhhhh, speaking of a "broken record". And who are you to say this song is a "half assed" effort? What....were you there to see her write and produce it? I don't think so. Just because you don't like it means it's an "half assed" effort.

Once agian, the video isn't even out. Why don't you wait and see it first before you judge fully. Gawd, if she heard some of you she'd wonder why she even tries at all. :thumbsdown:

Uhhhh, speaking of a "broken record". And who are you to say this song is a "half assed" effort? What....were you there to see her write and produce it? I don't think so. Just because you don't like means it's an "half assed" effort.

Once agian, the video isn't even out. Why don't you wait and see it first before you judge fully. Gawd, if she heard some of you she'd wonder why she even tries at all. :thumbsdown:

Well, if she read his posts over the past year she'd realize there is no pleasing him. He bitches for the sake of bitching obviously. Or it's some message board "schtick". Nobody can ALWAYS be that bitter....CAN THEY?? :blink:

waiting honey....where are you from?? This may answer the question....lol.

Guest Danny86

Like the others said, Madonna never set the bar high in promo. The first time she properly promoted a song on various tv shows (which, for some unknown reason, became the supposed standard among fans when it comes to Madonna releasing anything) was the boring "Frozen" promo tour where she lipsynched the song on most occasions. I can't even remotely see the reason why anyone would want Madonna to promote a song like that only to get it higher on the charts when she's actually on tour right now with a fantastic show that makes tens of thousands of fans happy.

Guest waiting

If you don't like anything she's done in recent years then it's probably just time to move on and appreciate things in the past that she has done that you enjoy. Not trying to be rude but I've never.....not once read anything that you've posted that is positive toward M. NEVER. And that is fine but it's just unusual to see somebody devote so much of their time to something/someone they have obviously grown out of. She may have been important to you at one point, obviously that moment has passed.

So waiting....when was the last time Madonna met YOUR "standards"?? What are those standards?

This isn't the first time you accused me of not saying anything positive. I admit mostly negative, yes, since I'm not a fan of Hard Candy and her clinging onto the likes of Timbaland, Britney, Christina, and Justin but I did like Confessions. I'm not going to go through all my posts to show you every positive thing I've said about her because I don't feel like I have to justify myself to you. I'm sticking around because I still have faith that she isn't completely dried up as an artist. I don't feel like I have to change my attitude towards her in order to qualify as a "fan".

Well, if she read his posts over the past year she'd realize there is no pleasing him. He bitches for the sake of bitching obviously. Or it's some message board "schtick". Nobody can ALWAYS be that bitter....CAN THEY?? :blink:

waiting honey....where are you from?? This may answer the question....lol.

lol :thumbsup:

Guest Danny86

This isn't the first time you accused me of not saying anything positive. I admit mostly negative, yes, since I'm not a fan of Hard Candy and her clinging onto the likes of Timbaland, Britney, Christina, and Justin but I did like Confessions. I'm not going to go through all my posts to show you every positive thing I've said about her because I don't feel like I have to justify myself to you. I'm sticking around because I still have faith that she isn't completely dried up as an artist. I don't feel like I have to change my attitude towards her in order to qualify as a "fan".

But you can't seem to accept that FOR OTHERS she's not a dried up artist. Your reply to neurocks clearly shows you consider anyone who likes her current stuff as somebody who loves everything that has "Madonna" written on it. This is what I call loony behavior, and that you think an artist is meant to live up to YOUR standards.

Oh and if I recall well, you have a problem with her tours since after the DWT, so it's not just about HC.

Guest waiting

But you can't seem to accept that FOR OTHERS she's not a dried up artist. Your reply to neurocks clearly shows you consider anyone who likes her current stuff as somebody who loves everything that has "Madonna" written on it. This is what I call loony behavior, and that you think an artist is meant to live up to YOUR standards.

Oh and if I recall well, you have a problem with her tours since after the DWT, so it's not just about HC.

I never imposed my opinion on anyone, I always state how I feel. If you love it fine, but I'm just saying I don't - that is all. I replied to him because he posts the same thing in every thread, many of which I had no intention of participating until I get annoyed by him accusing everyone who expresses their disappointment in something as being unfan-like. Have I openly attacked or accused anyone or a group of people as not being true fans for liking things I feel are not up to MADONNA's standards? No I have not. People make it seem like I personally attack people with my opinions when it is the other way around.

Yes, I had problems with her tours since after DWT (some more some less). So what? Are you going to continue to attack me for that as you always have.

I can't even remotely see the reason why anyone would want Madonna to promote a song like that only to get it higher on the charts when she's actually on tour right now with a fantastic show that makes tens of thousands of fans happy.

So true Danny. I guess some fans would rather see her work herself to death. Seriously, people need to give the girl a break. How she finds time to do it all plus raise four kids is beyond me. And whose to say she won't promote this song and Revolver (and the Greatest Hits) more in September when she's got more time after the tour?

You don't need to justify anything of course, although I don't think it would take that long to find 2 posts. ;) And how very odd you became a member right in the middle of an era you hated. That's fine....just sayin tho....strange.

It's this attitude I don't understand, because YOU don't like stuff she's done it means she is "dried up as an artist". She's just doing things you don't like. She is still very much an artist and just like ALWAYS she is expressing herself in different ways and with different sounds. She's still as much involved with every aspect of her career that she's always been.

I just have a hard time grasping how somebody who is a "fan" of somebody can just so QUICKLY label them "dried up" instead of just saying "you know what? she's exploring in areas I don't like." But no it has to be she's OVER....SHE'S LOST THE PLOT....DRIED UP. Sorry but because she isn't conforming to the rules you have set in your head on what she should and shouldn't do has nothing to do with her aristry. That's all about you.

You should talk about "broken records". I've yet to read anything positive from you regarding Madonna. Everything you post is always bitching and moaning. I agree with what Kurt mentioned before... if you haven't been happy with what she's done in the last few years, it's probably safe to say... "move on". But no you won't... I think you just enjoy coming here pissing on everyone's parade here who wants to actually celebrate Madonna's career, rather pick at everything she does.

You and so many others obviously do not read and comprehend what I post in appreciation Madonna. If you did, you'd know that I don't like everything she does just because I am big fan. The difference between me and a number of people who constantly do nothing but bag on Madonna is that I rather just not spend my time bitching about things I don't like and concentrate on what I do like. You could do the same, but you don't. It seems your purpose is to purposely antagonize people who just rather appreciate than dissect every move she makes.

So go fuckin' "blah blah blah" yourself. Feel privileged that I even spoke to you because it will probably be the last because like in the past, I'll just continue to rip through your replies and conclude your just someone who rather spend his free time bitching than appreciating. So carry on... keep wasting your time. All your doing is constantly nitpicking at everything you don't like. Why not actually take a thread or two and actually tell people what you like(d) about Madonna, rather always bashing her. Oh no, you rather take the easy road and be negative! :wacko:

Guest Danny86

I never imposed my opinion on anyone, I always state how I feel. If you love it fine, but I'm just saying I don't - that is all. I replied to him because he posts the same thing in every thread, many of which I had no intention of participating until I get annoyed by him accusing everyone who expresses their disappointment in something as being unfan-like. Have I openly attacked or accused anyone or a group of people as not being true fans for liking things I feel are not up to MADONNA's standards? No I have not. People make it seem like I personally attack people with my opinions when it is the other way around.

Yes, I had problems with her tours since after DWT (some more some less). So what? Are you going to continue to attack me for that as you always have.

I'm not familiar with all of his posts, so I can't verify that, but you surely noticed a couple of people pointing out the irony of you calling someone a broken record. I felt your attack was in that.

And once again, MADONNA's standards are your own standards, it's not something definite, other people see it differently. As for the tours, I just pointed that out to prove that you had more bad stuff with Madonna than good stuff lately, so just agreeing with Kurt that you seem to be putting so much time and energy in something that's not pleasing you anymore.

It's this attitude I don't understand, because YOU don't like stuff she's done it means she is "dried up as an artist". She's just doing things you don't like. She is still very much an artist and just like ALWAYS she is expressing herself in different ways and with different sounds. She's still as much involved with every aspect of her career that she's always been.

I just have a hard time grasping how somebody who is a "fan" of somebody can just so QUICKLY label them "dried up" instead of just saying "you know what? she's exploring in areas I don't like." But no it has to be she's OVER....SHE'S LOST THE PLOT....DRIED UP. Sorry but because she isn't conforming to the rules you have set in your head on what she should and shouldn't do has nothing to do with her aristry. That's all about you.

That is so true. People don't even think about how one sound can lead to another. Think about it, Waiting. You may not like "Celebration", etc. But, every sound on her songs that she explores might lead to more new songs in the future that you "DO" like.

Guest waiting

What have I ever said that is so extreme that anyone else has not already said? People just like to attack someone for not sharing their love for something. Again, I have never made personal attacks on anyone for liking things I have not liked (i called out Neutrocks for attacking others); yet, time and time again I get attacked for stating my disappointment in something (when I am hardly alone in such opinions). Currently, there are at least 3 people attacking me, the same people who have been on my ass since I showed up. If you don't like me so much just ignore my posts, nobody if forcing you to read them.

What have I ever said that is so extreme that anyone else has not already said? People just like to attack someone for not sharing their love for something. Again, I have never made personal attacks on anyone for liking things I have not liked; yet, time and time again I get attacked for stating my disappointment in something (when I am hardly alone in such opinions). Currently, there are at least 3 people attacking me, the same people who have been on my ass since I showed up. If you don't like me so much just ignore my posts, nobody if forcing you to read them.

Look dude... this is a FAN board in appreciation for Madonna. You can't just expect to come strolling in here and constantly bag on her and think people aren't going to take offense to that. Be serious now!!!! I just don't get this mentality of late where it's just fine to bash Madonna's career and personal life and then scream at others for finding issue with that and then labeling them as if they are "loons" or what not.

You mention "three people" who always attack you. Who are they?? Because if you dare mention me, you're a damn liar, because this is the first time I've ever recall addressing you. I only addressed you because it was you who attacked my response and interpreted my response as an attack on you and others.

It just amazes me how you are able to twist your actions here as something that should be accepted when this is a FAN APPRECIATION board for Madonna... not a board where people come in and bash her constantly. Certainly, one is entitled to to share what they don't like, but if that's all you do, then I see that as a person who just loves to come in here and shit on everyone's parade here.

What have I ever said that is so extreme that anyone else has not already said? People just like to attack someone for not sharing their love for something. Again, I have never made personal attacks on anyone for liking things I have not liked (i called out Neutrocks for attacking others); yet, time and time again I get attacked for stating my disappointment in something (when I am hardly alone in such opinions). Currently, there are at least 3 people attacking me, the same people who have been on my ass since I showed up. If you don't like me so much just ignore my posts, nobody if forcing you to read them.

Maybe it's because we can pretty much see right through what you are doing. You said yourself that you post mostly negative things and you became a member and began posting in the middle of an era you just said a few posts up you don't like. So yeah...it's kind of clear what your intentions are when posting here. So don't get mad when you get called out on things. YOU probably get "attacked" because there is ZERO objectivity with your posts and again, as time progresses it's becoming more and more clear what youre REAL intentions are by posting.

Guest waiting

I hardly consider my posts as "bashing" her. If you want to read stuff that bash her go to Perez Hilton. I'm tame in comparison.

For the record I'm not mad at all. I just find it funny how its always the same people who jump on me for saying things many others say. I come here because the posts are funny and I'm curious about her career. So I complain, so what? I'm not the only one.

Maybe it's because we can pretty much see right through what you are doing. You said yourself that you post mostly negative things and you became a member and began posting in the middle of an era you just said a few posts up you don't like. So yeah...it's kind of clear what your intentions are when posting here. So don't get mad when you get called out on things. YOU probably get "attacked" because there is ZERO objectivity with your posts and again, as time progresses it's becoming more and more clear what youre REAL intentions are by posting.

Exactly Kurt!!! That is exactly what I've noticed. It would be much different if he actually balanced his dislikes with what he does like, but every since he's been here, I have yet to read something positive from him. And while we may be calling him out on his behavior, we do manage to balance our posts out and actually post things that have nothing to do with the negativity or him at this community.

I just think he just enjoys taking the piss out of things and the fans here. That is why I never said much to him until this thread. There are a few others who do the same that I just roll my eyes and keep going. I just don't understand why some just come in here to constantly complain. I mean; surely there is something more constructive and fun in their life they would like to do rather come to a community of an artist they can no longer appreciate unless that is their intention!!

I hardly consider my posts as "bashing" her. If you want to read stuff that bash her go to Perez Hilton. I'm tame in comparison.

For the record I'm not mad at all. I just find it funny how its always the same people who jump on me for saying things many others say. I come here because the posts are funny and I'm curious about her career. So I complain, so what? I'm not the only one.

I think Perez is a tool, but at least he does balance it out. He doesn't only post negative shit on Madonna. He also post things in favor of her. In any event, he's just a media fool who uses celebrities to further his career.

Again, who are these "same people" who jump on you because it isn't surely me since I've never address you until this thread? I also don't recall Voguer ever calling you out either. Kurt, Danny?? Have you addressed "Waiting" before this thread??

Guest waiting

I think Perez is a tool, but at least he does balance it out. He doesn't only post negative shit on Madonna. He also post things in favor for her. In any event, he's just a media fool who uses celebrities to further his career.

Again, who are these "same people" who jump on you because it isn't surely me since I've never address you until this thread. I also don't recall Voguer ever calling you out either.

This is my last post in this thread. I don't know why you take everything SO personally. Have you considered maybe I was not referring to you at all? I'm out.

_ Also I'd just like the add I was part of this community since its dotmusic, Madonnarama and previous incarnations. I just signed up on MadonnaNation after I took a break from it but continued to lurk.