Do you think Celebration will be one of Madonnas biggest flops?

horn

Any word on video release at this point? I think a #1 on Club Play is almost assured which is more icing on the dominance she has there. I agree with moe though - from here on out, I expect all future singles to struggle on radio in the US. No Pop/Rhythmic station is rushing to play a 50-year old's new music. Cher's 'Believe' was a fluke...

It's all Oakenfold's fault. The production of Celebration is so tired and boring that he should be laughed out of his profession for calling it cutting-edge.

Mark Kamins could have made a track more fresh and modern.

True.

I don't know why the BB remix was not released as the first single.

True.

I don't know why the BB remix was not released as the first single.

I don't think it's radio friendly. And it misses a verse that really brings the song out more. It's a cool mix though. Just don't see it being a song people would enjoy as much as the original mix.

so it´s aoakenfold´s fault? she doesn´t have anything to say about her own work?

anyway, I can´t understand why some people changed from "the best thing since..." to "pure shit" in only a years.

Still, I think she cares about charts, and she´s going to do some promo...

Her singing is fine. The melody is fine. The lyrics are fine.

The production is amateurish and dull. Oakenfold is the problem.

Guest Pud Whacker

i think her biggest flops have already occurred when they didnt chart anywhere. you know which ones they are.

Lets save the flop talk after the video release...It's too early to count it out just yet. Always with a new M video, the single peaks to new heights.

Guest waiting

I'm not even going to keep my hopes up for the video of Celebration nor Revolver. I suspect it is going to be a half-assed job... I mean really now when was that last time she had a decent video? The videos will probably be GITM or Get Together quality.

Guest thehiltonsuite

Revolver should have been released instead.......espically in the US. This is not something that you'd hear on the radio here. And the producer should have been MIRWAIS! Okenfold was NOT a good choice. There was nothing innovative about Celebration. It's a good song and has a good melody, but he didn't do it justice.

And Madonna is not promoting her albums as much as she should. She used to be a master at promotion. True, more money is being made on the tour and record sales are in a slump, but it's really more important than that. Even IF nobody is making as much money it DOES MATTER if you're #1 on the charts. Money aside, it makes you relevant! Is Madonna so money hungry that she doesn't care?? I'm hoping she'll promote better when she goes to LiveNation.

I think people forget TOURING is the ultimate promotion for any artist. However for Madonna it's become her main bread and butter, so it only makes sense if her career focuses on touring, rather putting in so much effort in pushing an album where much of the outlets where she can promote on, do not really play her music or feature her anymore.

I do have to laugh at the comments where some think Madonna was the "master of promotion". Between her peak years between '85 throughout the early '90's, all she had to is fart and people were all over her. She rarely did appearances and never did a live performance on TV with the exception of a couple of MTV performances, but she's done more since then. In fact, it was the release of "Ray of Light" when I really saw Madonna doing some heavy promotion for an album, by making many appearances on TV and actually performing. Before that, radio was much more willing to play her music.

Her days of rolling around on the stage to generate interest or making a sexual provocative video or pissing off some conservatives are pretty much over. People expect her to cause controversy, so it's less of an impact if she does. If anything, I think she's done much more promotion this decade than any other decade previously. She really needn't to do much promotion on her part in the past because her videos and music were welcomed in the popular music outlets such as radio and video stations. Today, the promotion is needed, but it's quite a no brainer to me... spending money on promoting an album in a dying music market or MAKING money from a huge tour? I'm sorry, but I'd pick "making money"!!

Guest SuperPop

I really dont care about US..it was always meant to flop there..

I still maintain the belief that it will be huge everywhere else...

and it is quite ironic that this thread has started and been supported by all the haters of the song...

we should wait and see...its TOO early to say anything..

Yup, it's already shaping up to be an EPIC :janetflop:

:hotmess: this release has been. :lmao:

Oh and it won't go to no 1 in the UK either :vanitybonet: - top 5 at most

You sure have a strange sense of what's funny. :manson:

Er, I'm laughing at the gross mishandling of this which seems to be heading to flopsville. Talk about reading things literally :electropop:

So would you prefer Voguer and everyone else to read everything you post with inaccuracy and as an exaggeration?? Because I guess that is what you're asking here when you call someone out for taking your comment too "literal"?

But I assume Voguer is keen on knowing that about anything you post, pretty much is expressed in a negative and exaggerated fashion. After all, it would be so boring to actually read anything anyone says with accuracy and without exaggeration. :wacko::lmao:

Look, you are the one who has her song flopped and even before a video release. What's more, you laugh about it. If you don't want "confrontation" or people to misinterpret you, then find a way of expressing yourself more clearly without the negativity, hatefulness, and laughing at her.

Adding: And I am and I'd be proud to be a "holier than thou" fan versus a negative, hateful "write her off" fan anyday. So, if that's suppose to be an insult, it's not.

i think Celebration will define new levels of flop, 1st lead single to not even make it to the top 40...but i guess we've been prepared for that in the last years and should not come as a surprise, we have had major flops like american life singles and any other non-leading single. We better get used to enjoy the music and forget the charts! LOL

Look, you are the one who has her song flopped and even before a video release. What's more, you laugh about it. If you don't want "confrontation" or people to misinterpret you, then find a way of expressing yourself more clearly without the negativity, hatefulness, and laughing at her.

Adding: And I am and I'd be proud to be a "holier than thou" fan versus a negative, hateful "write her off" fan anyday. So, if that's suppose to be an insult, it's not.

I couldn't have said it any better myself! It's just amazing how some of us are cast as "holier than thou" and "confrontational" just because we are sick of the constant negativity from people. And yes, if that means some interpret me as being more superior than them than it's safe to say I probably am. I rather be appreciative than always being negative and bitchy!!

You're all acting as if it was a first flop single from Madonna. Get over it! Revolver will end up the same.

Guest nothingfails0603

The thing that surprises me is not that radio isn't playing it (did we expect it to be a smash?) but that it's flopping on iTunes too. I knew it wasn't going to have 4 Minutes' level of success on there but figured Hung Up's level was attainable, especially since downloading is a bigger deal now than it was in 2005.

Guest waiting

The thing that surprises me is not that radio isn't playing it (did we expect it to be a smash?) but that it's flopping on iTunes too. I knew it wasn't going to have 4 Minutes' level of success on there but figured Hung Up's level was attainable, especially since downloading is a bigger deal now than it was in 2005.

Hung up is a far better song than Celebrate - that is why.

Mosy likely yes! But oh well..

I like it! To be frank most the future of Madonna's songs will all most be flops, gots nothing to do with the musci, just her age and where the shitty state of music is in the usa!

I'm waiting to see how this plays out. If she doesn't really try to promote this song then it's on her really. I don't think she really cares.

There is like zero promotion so far everyone who knows the song exists has probably bought it or downloaded it already and that's why it's plummeting. So I'm just waiting for something to happen.

I think people forget TOURING is the ultimate promotion for any artist. However for Madonna it's become her main bread and butter, so it only makes sense if her career focuses on touring, rather putting in so much effort in pushing an album where much of the outlets where she can promote on, do not really play her music or feature her anymore.

I do have to laugh at the comments where some think Madonna was the "master of promotion". Between her peak years between '85 throughout the early '90's, all she had to is fart and people were all over her. She rarely did appearances and never did a live performance on TV with the exception of a couple of MTV performances, but she's done more since then. In fact, it was the release of "Ray of Light" when I really saw Madonna doing some heavy promotion for an album, by making many appearances on TV and actually performing. Before that, radio was much more willing to play her music.

Her days of rolling around on the stage to generate interest or making a sexual provocative video or pissing off some conservatives are pretty much over. People expect her to cause controversy, so it's less of an impact if she does. If anything, I think she's done much more promotion this decade than any other decade previously. She really needn't to do much promotion on her part in the past because her videos and music were welcomed in the popular music outlets such as radio and video stations. Today, the promotion is needed, but it's quite a no brainer to me... spending money on promoting an album in a dying music market or MAKING money from a huge tour? I'm sorry, but I'd pick "making money"!!

I'm always puzzled when I hear fans say things like she never promotes anymore or like she used to etc. I guess because the Madonna I remember never promoted at all. Sending the song to radio and the video to MTV WAS her promotion.

Those damn fans who hopped on board during ROL/Music trying to rewrite history....Madonna created musical genres, promoted 24/7 and was a REAL ARTIST who didn't bother singing about something as pesky and petty as HAVING A GOOD TIME AND DANCING. :electropop:

I couldn't have said it any better myself! It's just amazing how some of us are cast as "holier than thou" and "confrontational" just because we are sick of the constant negativity from people. And yes, if that means some interpret me as being more superior than them than it's safe to say I probably am. I rather be appreciative than always being negative and bitchy!!

Aren't you sick of derailing every single thread with this idiocy? Shut the fuck up already.