Madonna Agrees To X Factor 1st November

markm

The following is an eXclusive Report that was not officially confirmed!!

It took some convincing and a lot of great PR from Simon Cowell himself, but as of now Madonna gave her "OK" to perform on the X Factor this November, MADONNAdownload has learned from a person close to Simon Cowell who asked not to be identified as negotiations were not made public.

ITV is planing a massive Madonna night, and changed the location of the show's live finals to a large enough venue for the queen of pop.

Madonna is actually showing some interest in meeting the finalists as well, after she, reportedly "fell in love" with last year's runners up JLS from videos sent to her by Cowell.

This year the live shows will air on Saturdays, but the result shows however moved to Sundays, Madonna is set to take the stage on November 1st, though that date is tentative and might very well change.

A final agreement is about to be signed in the coming days, if everything goes as planned, and an official announcement will follow.

Shakira and Whitney Houston are also in talks to perform on the show's 6th season.

The X Factor will return to ITV1 on Saturday, August 22nd, 2009.

I should note that The X Factor was the most watched show in the UK last year. And an American Version of X Factor with Simon is set to air on NBC in 2011.

THIS REPORT HAS NOT BEEN CONFIRMED - TAKE IT WITH A GRAIN OF SAULT UNTIL IF, AND WHEN OFFICIALLY ANNOUNCED

The original story was first reported on April 9th - http://madonnadownload.com/news_040809_2.html

Guest nothingfails0603

She should do Idol too. I always thought it was a big mistake that she dropped HC when Idol season was still on and didn't do a performance on there.

Its a shame there are no other shows in the UK that get big ratings that are based on music aside from the X Factor, but if she does do it, it can do no harm at all

Guest ursaminorjim

Oh come on. It's great promo. Why be all snobbish and high and mighty? It's a TV show. End of.

But shows like that and American Idol are contributing to the decline of pop music and popular culture in general, don't you think? It's all about presenting a sellable product, not music. I know that sounds dramatic, but I really believe that's true. It demeans the value of art.

Oh come on. It's great promo. Why be all snobbish and high and mighty? It's a TV show. End of.

:clap: :clap: :clap:

Madonna is a businesswoman first and foremost. If the X Factor exposes her to a 15 million plus audience and helps shift her album

she will do it. She is not exactly flavour of the month in the UK at the moment. Most of the press write scathing articles about

her, she got booed for coming on late at the 02 opening night, which was widely reported and Miles Away flopped and then there is last years Wembley fiasco. She needs to win

the public back.

But shows like that and American Idol are contributing to the decline of pop music and popular culture in general, don't you think? It's all about presenting a sellable product, not music. I know that sounds dramatic, but I really believe that's true. It demeans the value of art.

No, I don't think so.The industry has always been full of puppets way before reality shows.The 80s were alla about "presenting and selling".

Anyway, Madonna already did this king of show back in 2005 when she performed on the french version of Idol so I don't get the horror.She also did a short interview on Missy Elliot's reality show back in 2004.

No, I don't think so.The industry has always been full of puppets way before reality shows.The 80s were alla about "presenting and selling".

Anyway, Madonna already did this king of show back in 2005 when she performed on the french version of Idol so I don't get the horror.She also did a short interview on Missy Elliot's reality show back in 2004.

If she can do shit like 'Caramba Che Fortuna'...she can do anything :lmao:

Guest BytheBay

It's right before Christmas, so no.It's perfect.

Two months before Xmas is not exactly right before Christmas.

However I don't understand the distate for these shows. These ridiculous notion that pop music is not commercial and the music industry is dumbed down by these "puppets" is so lame. There have been producer controlled singers since the dawn of the music industry. Hello Motown. Its just actually visible there. Talent is talent and if someone can sing then hell go for it and get out there however way you can. The cream will rise and if they aren't worth the hype they will float away (I'm looking at you Reuben Studdard). Its not Madonna whoring herself out or selling out either. Everyone complains if she doesn't do promo and then she does promo and everyone complains that she's selling out. Ridiculous.

With a hits album, there is no "too late" in terms of promotion. WB surely wants the album to sell well over time, and, immediately, sell well through the end of the year.

Celebration is a better type of release to tie in to a show like X Factor, rather than a plain ol' studio album.

Two months before Xmas is not exactly right before Christmas.

However I don't understand the distate for these shows. These ridiculous notion that pop music is not commercial and the music industry is dumbed down by these "puppets" is so lame. There have been producer controlled singers since the dawn of the music industry. Hello Motown. Its just actually visible there. Talent is talent and if someone can sing then hell go for it and get out there however way you can. The cream will rise and if they aren't worth the hype they will float away (I'm looking at you Reuben Studdard). Its not Madonna whoring herself out or selling out either. Everyone complains if she doesn't do promo and then she does promo and everyone complains that she's selling out. Ridiculous.

The christmas shopping season begins in november.

Really hope this is true. It will be great promotion for her new Greatest Hits and her music sales in general. It's about time she had a proper homage made to her!

All worship Queen Raffaella, an obvious inspiration for Madonna during her "Confessions..." days

Raffaella_Carra-Tutto_Carra-Frontal.jpg

I think it is great - COADF and ROL benefitted greatly from her TV appearances and in the run up to Christmas it will remind casual fans and families. I don't like the shows themselves but there has always been talent shows and one could argue the rights and wrongs and artistic merit but it's just entertainment. There are far more important things to be concerned about.

I can't believe the bit about her liking JLS though. They are pants and nothing special.

I wonder if she will sing live and do a classic? That would be great.