"Celebration" DVD- Double DVD Set

cosmic_system

Hey, i heard that when the greatest hits drops, Madonna will ALSO release

a DOUBLE DVD SET. Sort of like a companion set. cool huh ?

What's with the double dvd set? I'm sure they can put the main videos on 1 DVD like

The Pet Shop Boys POPART.

List of her Basic Videos

1. Lucky Star

2. Borderline

3. Like A Virgin

4. Material Girl

5. Papa Don't Preach

6. True Blue

7. Open Your Heart

8. La Isla Bonita

9. Like A Prayer

10. Express Yourself

11. Cherish

12. Oh Father

13. Vogue

14. Deeper And Deeper

15. Bad Girl

16. Fever

17. Rain

18. Secret

19. Take A Bow

20. Bedtime Story

21. Human Nature

22. You'll See

23. Love Don't Live Here Anymore

24. Frozen

25. Ray Of Light

26. The Power Of Goodbye

27. Drowned World / Substitute For Love

28. Nothing Really Matters

29. Beautiful Stranger

30. American Pie

31. Music

32. Don't Tell Me

33. Die Another Day

34. American Life (Flag Version)

35. Hollywood

36. Love Profusion

37. Hung Up

38. Sorry

39. Jump

40. 4 Mintues

41. Give It 2 Me

42. Celebration

No controversial videos, No Soundtrack videos with film footage, No Remix videos, No tour videos, No Montage videos, etc. just 42 standard-issue basic videos for the casual consumers and fans.

Edited by Live It Up

acko & Suedey- I too have had issue with TIC home video. It's not just the images, but also the audio, no? Or maybe I'm thinking of The Video Collection? I know with one of them, the audio sounds drowned out some, not as loud as it could be (on regular volume).

And let's not forget the wonderful menu for TIC, with erroneous years and all. And how weird to use that cut of "Lucky Star" when the originally released on was on the VHS copy of TIC.

Hopefully, WB does good with the Celebration DVD release.

Hey, i heard that when the greatest hits drops, Madonna will ALSO release

a DOUBLE DVD SET. Sort of like a companion set. cool huh ?

uhm, it's been known for several days now... how could you have missed it...

Guest Topaz Scorpio
What's with the double dvd set? I'm sure they can put the main videos on 1 DVD like

It could be that there is one disc for music videos and another disc for live performances. But based on all the rights they would have to obtain for the live performances (MTV, Grammys, Oscars, etc.) it would likely be cost prohibitive.

There's no reason why she couldn't get close to 40 of her videos on one disc though. PopArt featured 41 of the Pet Shop Boys videos. Based on that she could essentially feature her entire video catalogue between both discs.

That's the main reason the music videos from films will suffer because of they money they would have to expend to obtain the rights to use those videos that feature movie clips. Just looking at her videos from movies:

*Crazy For You - This features no footage other than what was in the film save for expanded footage of M as the bar singer as she was more in the background in the film. So the video is not really creative in any way. Warners does own the rights to the film though so it could show up.

*Gambler - Same as above. This song of course will not appear on "Celebration" and because it's almost identical to "Crazy For You" in many ways, that would also cause it be left off.

*Into the Groove - This video was comprised entirely of film clips, so I have a feeling it will most definitely not make the cut for the collection. Unless of course Warners is going to pay fees to Orion for LTT and decides to just do a package deal with this one also. Or maybe they'll sub in a live performance instead?

*Live To Tell - This one has new bits of Madonna shot around clips of the movie which makes it more unique. I think the video is important because it was really the first time we saw Madonna's post-Virgin era "new look" (blonde hair, sans rubber bracelets, crucifixes, and hair bows, etc.) and she looks beautiful. This is also one of her #1 hits and to have not have a video to support it on the collection kind of stands out. Of course TIC left it off too which is of course all because of movie rights issues. Orion (now part of MGM) owns them as someone else posted. I really hope they bite the bullet and pay the money to get this on there.

*Who's That Girl - Another video featuring new clips of M interspersed with movie clips. Unlike LTT though she actually does stuff instead of just standing/sitting and posing. Since it appears likely that the song will make it on "Celebration" and Warner's owns the movie rights and the film was a star vehicle for M, I think there is a very strong chance we'll see this in the video collection.

*This Used To Be My Playground - Unlike some of the previous film videos this one focuses very heavily on M and less on movie clips. It was beautifully shot and really needs to be part of the collection even if the song doesn't make it on the CD. Unfortunately since this was a Columbia Pictures film then fees would need to paid. Hopefully they do it.

*I'll Remember - Since "With Honors" is from Warners then that could make it easier for this one to appear. I don't recall it being a very exciting video though. Her look is just a retread of the Rain video and she's standing around a recording studio, plus there's movie clips. I'd say this one will likely be left off.

*DCFMA and You Must Love Me - Only YMLM features new M footage outside of Evita clips. Since it appears to be the contender to show up on Celebration then I'd say that it's likely the video will show up also. Of course movie rights will need to be paid to Disney since they own Hollywood Pictures.

M got smart after this with her videos from films as none of them from this point on had movie footage in them.

Guest Topaz Scorpio
I think we may get the AL banned version

I do hope so

It really needs to be there along with JML and Erotica. Just put the advisory label on it and be done with it. I mean is there really anyone out there who is familiar with Madonna who would purchase a video collection and be shocked that there would be some sort of sexual content??? I mean, hello, this is not Miley Cyrus or Celine we're talking about here.

It could be that there is one disc for music videos and another disc for live performances. But based on all the rights they would have to obtain for the live performances (MTV, Grammys, Oscars, etc.) it would likely be cost prohibitive.

There's no reason why she couldn't get close to 40 of her videos on one disc though. PopArt featured 41 of the Pet Shop Boys videos. Based on that she could essentially feature her entire video catalogue between both discs.

That's the main reason the music videos from films will suffer because of they money they would have to expend to obtain the rights to use those videos that feature movie clips. Just looking at her videos from movies:

*Crazy For You - This features no footage other than what was in the film save for expanded footage of M as the bar singer as she was more in the background in the film. So the video is not really creative in any way. Warners does own the rights to the film though so it could show up.

*Gambler - Same as above. This song of course will not appear on "Celebration" and because it's almost identical to "Crazy For You" in many ways, that would also cause it be left off.

*Into the Groove - This video was comprised entirely of film clips, so I have a feeling it will most definitely not make the cut for the collection. Unless of course Warners is going to pay fees to Orion for LTT and decides to just do a package deal with this one also. Or maybe they'll sub in a live performance instead?

*Live To Tell - This one has new bits of Madonna shot around clips of the movie which makes it more unique. I think the video is important because it was really the first time we saw Madonna's post-Virgin era "new look" (blonde hair, sans rubber bracelets, crucifixes, and hair bows, etc.) and she looks beautiful. This is also one of her #1 hits and to have not have a video to support it on the collection kind of stands out. Of course TIC left it off too which is of course all because of movie rights issues. Orion (now part of MGM) owns them as someone else posted. I really hope they bite the bullet and pay the money to get this on there.

*Who's That Girl - Another video featuring new clips of M interspersed with movie clips. Unlike LTT though she actually does stuff instead of just standing/sitting and posing. Since it appears likely that the song will make it on "Celebration" and Warner's owns the movie rights and the film was a star vehicle for M, I think there is a very strong chance we'll see this in the video collection.

*This Used To Be My Playground - Unlike some of the previous film videos this one focuses very heavily on M and less on movie clips. It was beautifully shot and really needs to be part of the collection even if the song doesn't make it on the CD. Unfortunately since this was a Columbia Pictures film then fees would need to paid. Hopefully they do it.

*I'll Remember - Since "With Honors" is from Warners then that could make it easier for this one to appear. I don't recall it being a very exciting video though. Her look is just a retread of the Rain video and she's standing around a recording studio, plus there's movie clips. I'd say this one will likely be left off.

*DCFMA and You Must Love Me - Only YMLM features new M footage outside of Evita clips. Since it appears to be the contender to show up on Celebration then I'd say that it's likely the video will show up also. Of course movie rights will need to be paid to Disney since they own Hollywood Pictures.

M got smart after this with her videos from films as none of them from this point on had movie footage in them.

Thanks for the good read. I was curious about the double dvd issue. So it looks like any soundtrack videos that are owned by Warner could show up. That would be a fucking dream come true. But with WB's past releases they could screw it up again.

So possible soundtrack video inclusions on the DVD if WB gets their shit together...

Crazy For You, Who's That Girl, & I'll Remember

You Must Love Me will likely be on there if WB pays up.

The rest of those great videos I wouldn't hold my breath...

Surely there are versions of some videos in the vaults without the movie scenes? We've seen other soundtrack videos with versions containing film scenes and ones that cut them out.

I really hope they include the Express Yourself complete version that MTV used to play. I don't know the name of that remix, but the ending is different from TIC. By the way, who will direct "Celebration"? I only heard the video was shot in Milan.

I really hope they include the Express Yourself complete version that MTV used to play. I don't know the name of that remix, but the ending is different from TIC. By the way, who will direct "Celebration"? I only heard the video was shot in Milan.

Jonas Akerlund.

Not sure how groundbreaking the clip will be- "Ray of Light," "Music, and "American Life" all were noable in their own right, but "Jump" wasn't so much.

I know. It's just a wishful thinking: to celebrate this compilation with a brand new video for her legacy.

I'm SO SORRY BUT YOU MISSED DEAR JESSIE!!!!!!!!!!!

List of her Basic Videos

1. Lucky Star

2. Borderline

3. Like A Virgin

4. Material Girl

5. Papa Don't Preach

6. True Blue

7. Open Your Heart

8. La Isla Bonita

9. Like A Prayer

10. Express Yourself

11. Cherish

12. Oh Father

13. Vogue

14. Deeper And Deeper

15. Bad Girl

16. Fever

17. Rain

18. Secret

19. Take A Bow

20. Bedtime Story

21. Human Nature

22. You'll See

23. Love Don't Live Here Anymore

24. Frozen

25. Ray Of Light

26. The Power Of Goodbye

27. Drowned World / Substitute For Love

28. Nothing Really Matters

29. Beautiful Stranger

30. American Pie

31. Music

32. Don't Tell Me

33. Die Another Day

34. American Life (Flag Version)

35. Hollywood

36. Love Profusion

37. Hung Up

38. Sorry

39. Jump

40. 4 Mintues

41. Give It 2 Me

42. Celebration

No controversial videos, No Soundtrack videos with film footage, No Remix videos, No tour videos, No Montage videos, etc. just 42 standard-issue basic videos for the casual consumers and fans.

Guest Topaz Scorpio
Surely there are versions of some videos in the vaults without the movie scenes? We've seen other soundtrack videos with versions containing film scenes and ones that cut them out.

If that were true then I'm sure we would've seen them floating around by now on the internet, and videos like LTT and TUTBMP would've shown up on already on the previous video collections.

Guest nothingfails0603

I'd love to see them go all out and put EVERYTHING, including remix videos and shit, like they did with Pet Shop Boys

Guest nothingfails0603

I think "controversial" videos should be included. Justify and Erotica are unreleased on DVD and they would both be selling points, as well as the uncut American Life.

If some of the tour videos are among her BEST WORKS yes.

It's not a matter of TASTE darling. It's a GREATEST HITS dvd. It's as simple as that. Obscure tour videos DO NOT belong there. I'm shocked anyone would be naive enough to think they would put them on.

Guest Danny86
lol.

anna already confirm that we are getting the original American Life video, that's awesome. Hope to see Hollywood there too.

Did she say that recently? Can't find her post about that.

Did she say that recently? Can't find her post about that.

Someone ask Anna about the controversial videos Erotica, Justify My Love, What It Feels Like For A Girl, and the soundtrack videos situation.

I'm SO SORRY BUT YOU MISSED DEAR JESSIE!!!!!!!!!!!

Shit I forgot about that one. The cartoon M! Ok make it 43 standard issue basic videos.

I think that 43 vid list is good. Add Dear Jessie, as someone said...along with 'Everybody', 'Burning Up', 'I Want You' & 'TUTBMP' (there was a version w/o the A League of Their Own' scenes, or am I imagining things?)...even 'American Pie'. Basically anything without movie footage.

Release a special edition with a Parental Advisory (if it's that big of a deal) or whatever with JML, Erotica, WIFLFAG, American Life, behind-the-scenes footage and tour vids and anything else.

Guest nothingfails0603

The videos I think are a given:

Lucky Star

Borderline

Like A Virgin

Material Girl

Papa Don't Preach

Open Your Heart

La Isla Bonita

Like A Prayer

Express Yourself

Cherish

Oh Father

Vogue

Bad Girl

Rain

Secret

Take A Bow

Bedtime Stories

Human Nature

Frozen

Ray Of Light

Drowned World

Power Of Goodbye

Music

Don't Tell Me

Die Another Day

American Life (confirmed)

Hung Up

Sorry

4 Minutes

controversial ones that may or may not: (to be honest, most M fans are over 17 so why worry about a sticker?)

Justify My Love

Erotica

Deeper And Deeper

What It Feels Like For A Girl

lesser hits that might make it but might not, who knows?

Fever

I Want You

You'll See

Love Don't Live Here Anymore

Nothing Really Matters

American Pie (it was a huge hit outside of the US but M admittedly hates it, so that might not help it)

Hollywood

Love Profusion

Get Together

Jump

Give It 2 Me

soundtrack videos with clips (maybe, maybe not):

Crazy For You

Gambler

Into The Groove

Live To Tell

Who's That Girl

This Used To Be My Playground