"Celebration" (new single)

sniper

Regarding the charts... I simply look at the sales and compare it to the other huge acts selling successfully. If an artist can manage to be within the top 40 biggest sellers (which Madonna usually is), it's a hit. Anything more than that... GREAT!!! We all know she's going to sell at least a couple hundred thousand copies of this song. That alone tells me how successful a song is compared to if radio was playing it or not.

They haven't learned the chart-game yet

releasing the song prior any airplay what so ever - low charting

oh well

As someone else said, Warner doesnt give a shit about chart placements. They want the CASH. And as long as the song is out there and people are downloading it illegally, they were not going to hold it back and lose $$$. It's not that complicated really. Oh and charts are archaic and obsolete. I wish people who care about the charts would go be Mimi fans or whatever.

I don't know why people are freaking out. If the song charts early, it's actually great because now it will rise instead of possibly peaking the first week. i think it was a very good choice.

As someone else said, Warner doesnt give a shit about chart placements. They want the CASH. And as long as the song is out there and people are downloading it illegally, they were not going to hold it back and lose $$$. It's not that complicated really. Oh and charts are archaic and obsolete. I wish people who care about the charts would go be Mimi fans or whatever.

Mimi is extreme...

but I guess it could be fun if Madonna succeeds with her singles aswell...

I agree that they are releasing it because of the leak (although I don't believe that someone in Madonna/WB's camp wasn't behind it leaking.) I do predict premature burnout, and a poor chart showing, though. Because it's new, Madonna fans are going to quickly flock to it in bulk for the first few weeks -- while airplay will be minimal, as radio hasn't even been properly issued it yet. The outcome is going to be very disjointed. I'm sure WB does care more about the profit than the chart position, but why not have both if you can? If they learned to time things right, putting it on sale when airplay was peaking, then they could stand to make *more* of a profit. It's a given that hardcore Madonna fans are going to be there, and will buy as soon as it becomes available to them anyway. You court casual/non fans - through promotion and airplay. They're the one's who push songs over the top and generate the most profit.

Oh well. Maybe they're planning to be more stretegic with "Revolver."

WHATEVER GOT IN TO THEIR HEADS RELEASING IT ON DIGITAL VERY EARLY..DON'T EXPECT ANY HIGH DEBUT ON CHARTS..

Guest SoUnusual

As long as you BUY the SINGLE VERSION on Amazon & iTunes IT WILL COUNT TO THE OFFICIAL SALES OF THE SINGLE.

Do not buy the "ALBUM VERSION"

They released it early because it leaked - everyone wanted the song and no one complained about getting it yesterday, so don't complain about them releasing it for sale early. It is not their fault the song leaked, but it is their responsibility to try and get as many people to buy the song instead of downloading it for free which only hurts the chart position.

Guest missy bi_tch
They haven't learned the chart-game yet

releasing the song prior any airplay what so ever - low charting

oh well

wb must be thinking that a madonna dance song is a given non airplay song and the whole purpose here is to milk madonna dry, so wat the hack wif position?