Celebration on iTunes

sniper

Will the iTunes album pre-order and video "hype" give the "Celebration" single a new lease on chart life? Stay tuned...

Is this a quote from Action News or Entertainment Tonight? Certainly sounds like it

Guest SuperBriGuy

Is this a quote from Action News or Entertainment Tonight? Certainly sounds like it

Lol right? It certainly is a valid point, though. It may give it a lil' nudge. Only time will tell.

from ukmix

Top 100 Albums:

32 - Celebration (Premium Version) [Pre-Order]

#21 now... that's the power of banner ads in iTunes... let's wait till iTunes send out it emailers to all its subscriber's worldwide and this will explode...

"Celebration" has advanced up the pop chart (it was at 88 last night, shows at 64 on my iTunes now). I'm sure the ad and video will raise awareness of the single- what effect it has, though, we'll see. The free video (which it now shows as, it didn't initially) is a good idea to raise that awareness, though.

Guest Danny86

So every copy of Celebration album sold on iTunes will add to the single track sales I supposed?

Nope, the album version "Celebration" is currently not available through the GH, just separately as the single version. It was different for HC when "4 Minutes" was an "immediate download if you pre-order" if I remember well.

What a nice jump! Hopefully it will enter the bb-charts soon!

don't expect that much though... the pre-order sales of the album may actually steal the thunder or lack thereof of the single...

it would help though if the Celebration - single is also in the pre-order page of iTunes, it's not that hard to do...

If people see the ad (and video), they have to find "Celebration" the track by themselves- not too difficult with a search, mind you.

To re-enter the Hot 100, the track would need a performance similar to the week it debuted (ranking in the top 40 for most of the week). There also are the dance mixes, but they're not contributing much to the sales as of now.