"CELEBRATION" HAS LEAKED!!!!!

Guest bulgar

Neutrock, so the album version isn't really leaked, huh? Guess we're all listening to Radio Edit. Dammit.

If this is the radio edit, not expecting much more from the album version.

"Hung Up's" album version had that terrific instrumental break before bursting into the last chorus, though, so who knows...

Neutrock, so the album version isn't really leaked, huh? Guess we're all listening to Radio Edit. Dammit.

All I know that what has leaked isn't exactly what I heard the other day. There is something slightly off with this version. I do think this is the radio edit.

And while I don't absolutely dislike it, I'm going to have to say that it really says a lot that Madonna used Benny's mix for the video.

I know some are saying "forget radio" and just enjoy it. And I somewhat agree, but the fact remains radio is a big part of getting this song exposure to the general public. First impressions are the biggest. My first impression when hearing this leaked version wasn't favorable. Being a fan, we'll listen to it over and over and many of us will eventually get into it, but casual fans and radio listeners will not give it the same chance.

I hope I am wrong. But I don't think this version will make an impact on U.S. radio. Europe and elsewhere will probably eat this up. Madonna cannot do wrong outside of the U.S.

can we call the album version a flop then? or too soon? LOL

I just hope the remixes will do the trick. I'm sure it's going to be a big hit in the club..

Shane 54 from Madonna Fanzine just edited the leak, cut out the silence at the end and adjusted the volume.

It does sound better!

http://rapidshare.com/files/261829639/30.0...e1_le_k_HQ_.rar

On the other hand jul2002 came up with an extended version that clocks at 04:18

http://rapidshare.com/files/261838189/Celebration_ext2.mp3

Enjoy while we all wait for Dubtronic's 12" Extended! ;-)

Yes, neut, but like it or not, by default- M's U.S. radio potential- when it's only her on the track- is very very limited at this point and time.

Oh, no doubt you are right there. But I have a feeling what has leaked isn't the album version. And I swore the part slowed down towards the middle.

I guess we'll just have to wait and see what happens. I really hope it does well on the radio especially within the U.S. After all, I can't stand U.S. radio for the most part and being I am not particularly a fan of this version that has leaked, it's possible that it will be huge on U.S. radio. All I keep thinking about is back during Confessions..., I just loved "Sorry", and thought it would be a big hit on radio in the U.S. Boy was I wrong. So I am hoping that I am wrong here too.

But again, I don't believe what has leaked is the album version.

Guest Pud Whacker
Who gives a FUCK about the production and all that, its a CATCHY TUNE as i said elsewhere and it bookends her warners career nicely...from HOLIDAY to CELEBRATION..both simple pop songs that dont have to be groundbreaking, just make people dance....

you know the people who love britney, kylie, kelly clarkson...those people. :demonic:

can we call the album version a flop then? or too soon? LOL

I just hope the remixes will do the trick. I'm sure it's going to be a big hit in the club..

yes, according to HolidayGuy it's already a flop before it was even released

Indeed you were off on "Sorry's" potential, neut. Surely you din't think it would do better than HU at radio? :)

Every now and again, there's a fluke dance smash on U.S. radio- look at Cascada. "Everytime We Touch" hit the top 10 on the Hot 100. Not saying it's impossible for an M dance track to do well at U.S. radio, but she faces an uphill battle, just because of circumstances.

Indeed you were off on "Sorry's" potential, neut. Surely you din't think it would do better than HU at radio? :)

Every now and again, there's a fluke dance smash on U.S. radio- look at Cascada. "Everytime We Touch" hit the top 10 on the Hot 100. Not saying it's impossible for an M dance track to do well at U.S. radio, but she faces an uphill battle, just because of circumstances.

Actually, I just think I loved "Sorry" so much and thought... "Damn this is hot" and will burn up the radio waves. And seeing U.S. radio was giving HU some lovin', I just thought "Sorry" would have done even better or just as successful. So yeah, I guess that I thought "Sorry" did have radio potential and everywhere else it did. And remarkably the video "Sorry" got a lot of airtime on MTV. So I guess I was expecting it would do great on radio too.

Anyway, I agree with everything you stated regarding the battles she has regarding U.S. radio. And oddly, I am usually not a fan of a lot of radio songs on U.S., so maybe this is a sign that "Celebration" will be huge. LOL!

Me, I think this will be one song the remixes will satisfy me more.

you know the people who love britney, kylie, kelly clarkson...those people. :demonic:

:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

btw , the song is AMAZING!!

can't wait for it to EXPLODE on the world :demonic:

It just amazes me that after all these frickin years Madonna can STILL make the catchiest, funnest, most accessible hooks and melodies in her songs using the simplest of lyrics. As simple as they are, I LOVE the lyrics to this song. Such a simple, effortless, catchy song it makes me wonder how she hasn't made this song already in 26 years! While the production is indeed "dated", for this song it doesn't even matter. Somehow it all works. As someone else mentioned it's the perfect "bookend" to her Warner years. It all started with Everybody (or Holiday depending on how you look at it) and ends with this. Perfect.

SHE'S DONE IT AGAIN!!!

LONG LIVE THE QUEEN OF POP!!!!

:bow::bow::bow:

Guest ursaminorjim

THis is the gayest Madonna single since...well, "Miles away," really. :lol:

But it's the FRUITIEST since "Hung up."

Guest Jorge

The song is AMAZING!!! It's perfect.

Stop saying that it will not be successful in America. AMERICA IS NOT THE US.

This will be a huge hit in Mexico City, for sure. I live here and we love electronic music, we have a HUGE gay scene and it will be ABSOLUTELY LOVED. What about Canada and the rest of Latin America. America is waaaay bigger than the US. The world is much more than just the US, so if it's not successful in that country, it doesn't matter!! who cares anyway???

We have a new awesome song, the best of 2009 and definitively the best to have fun in the summer!!!

Guest Borderline
Actually, I just think I loved "Sorry" so much and thought... "Damn this is hot" and will burn up the radio waves. And seeing U.S. radio was giving HU some lovin', I just thought "Sorry" would have done even better or just as successful. So yeah, I guess that I thought "Sorry" did have radio potential and everywhere else it did. And remarkably the video "Sorry" got a lot of airtime on MTV. So I guess I was expecting it would do great on radio too.

Anyway, I agree with everything you stated regarding the battles she has regarding U.S. radio. And oddly, I am usually not a fan of a lot of radio songs on U.S., so maybe this is a sign that "Celebration" will be huge. LOL!

Me, I think this will be one song the remixes will satisfy me more.

neut, could it be possible that you actually heard one of the remixes, and not the album version? Are you absolutely positive that it's the album version that you heard? Did you see the disc, the track length, etc.?

All in all, this song rocks! It's pure Madonna. It's retro. It's new. It's dance. It's fun. All of this over-ANALyzing, and bullshit that it's dated and whatnot is really getting tired and boring. It's sad and pathetic really.

Shane 54 from Madonna Fanzine just edited the leak, cut out the silence at the end and adjusted the volume.

It does sound better!

http://rapidshare.com/files/261829639/30.0...e1_le_k_HQ_.rar

On the other hand jul2002 came up with an extended version that clocks at 04:18

http://rapidshare.com/files/261838189/Celebration_ext2.mp3

Enjoy while we all wait for Dubtronic's 12" Extended! ;-)

The extended mix is really good. And I think the "Puts Your Arms around me" verse sounds good being repeated twice in the song, rather the one time it is actually.

neut, could it be possible that you actually heard one of the remixes, and not the album version? Are you absolutely positive that it's the album version that you heard? Did you see the disc, the track length, etc.?

All in all, this song rocks! It's pure Madonna. It's retro. It's new. It's dance. It's fun. All of this over-ANALyzing, and bullshit that it's dated and whatnot is really getting tired and boring. It's sad and pathetic really.

Well, I do think what has leaked is the radio edit. And as Holidayguy stated, I'm sure the album version wouldn't be too much different. So it's possible that I've heard a remix rather the album version. But still, it doesn't subtract the fact this latest leak is actually 3 mins and 20 secs while the track listing for the album version says 3:35.

As for "over-analyzing", I don't think I've done that. I simply just stated that the song I heard isn't this current leak. And I agree all the comments regarding the production and comparing it to other songs, etc., is just silly. It's an enjoyable fun song like many have stated. There is no doubt about it, but I just wanted to go on record that I think this is a "radio edit". ;)