"CELEBRATION" HAS LEAKED!!!!!

Guest bulgar

Guest harbors
theres no denying its catchy its just the god awful production makes it utterly embarrassing, if this were the lead single for her latest studio album she would be ripped to shreds by anyone with the slightest bit of tatse in music. I think she needs to go away and get inspired again.

Whatever!

Really

I think you need to go away n get inspired again.

Guest Pud Whacker
theres no denying its catchy its just the god awful production makes it utterly embarrassing, if this were the lead single for her latest studio album she would be ripped to shreds by anyone with the slightest bit of tatse in music. I think she needs to go away and get inspired again.

when i hear a good song that is really catchy, i really dont sit around and think, "wow this is a great song but the god awful production makes it utterly embarassing and if this were the lead single for her latest studio album she would be ripped to shreds by anyone with the slightest bit of taste in music"

:rotfl:

people really into music dont THINK about it so much. they go with it.

Guest ursaminorjim

It's dated, yes, and the chorus is very "will this do?" for me. But my biggest issue with it is the same issue have with most eurotrance pop - it has this artificial excitement that's entirely empty and manufactured. Lots of random elements added to differentiate each verse, synths that modulate from muted to buzzing, tinny cymbal splashes counting off into the choruses, the drop-off that leaves just the kick drum followed by the big build up and a finish that just ends...it's so by-the-numbers. And the frustrating thing is that the song just taxies down the runway and never achieves liftoff - there's no dynamics, the big release just never happens. It's like sending twenty bucks on an ecstacy tab that never gets you feeling any more than a mild buzz. It's pleasant enough, but I was expecting more.

But all that aside? The song follows another template - the classic Madonna pop/dancefloor crossover anthem. Like "Vogue" and "Music" before it (two other songs with brilliant verses followed by comparatively weak choruses), this is entirely within a tradition for her, and I wouldn't be surprised if it became a massive hit, even in the good old US of A.

And even the murky YouTube recordings of the Benny Bennassi mix bode incredibly well. I'm definitely excited to hear what the other mixes do with this.

6/10.

Guest bluejean

Initial reaction...

It's a good song with crap, dated production. It could have been something great with a better producer. Hopefully the remixes will give it what it needs.

Initial reaction...

It's a good song with crap, dated production. It could have been something great with a better producer. Hopefully the remixes will give it what it needs.

Isn't that why they used Benny's remix for the MV and club promo?

It's dated, yes, and the chorus is very "will this do?" for me. But my biggest issue with it is the same issue have with most eurotrance pop - it has this artificial excitement that's entirely empty and manufactured. Lots of random elements added to differentiate each verse, synths that modulate from muted to buzzing, tinny cymbal splashes counting off into the choruses, the drop-off that leaves just the kick drum followed by the big build up and a finish that just ends...it's so by-the-numbers. And the frustrating thing is that the song just taxies down the runway and never achieves liftoff - there's no dynamics, the big release just never happens. It's like sending twenty bucks on an ecstacy tab that never gets you feeling any more than a mild buzz. It's pleasant enough, but I was expecting more.

But all that aside? The song follows another template - the classic Madonna pop/dancefloor crossover anthem. Like "Vogue" and "Music" before it (two other songs with brilliant verses followed by comparatively weak choruses), this is entirely within a tradition for her, and I wouldn't be surprised if it became a massive hit, even in the good old US of A.

And even the murky YouTube recordings of the Benny Bennassi mix bode incredibly well. I'm definitely excited to hear what the other mixes do with this.

6/10.

Are you that harsh with Kylie too?

this thread will go on and on complaining how dated this single is. i mean, really! Enjoy the damn song.

Like a Prayer's rave remix at S&S Tour's amazing reaction really inspired this one. It's impossible NOT to hear it one more time :vogue:

Like you.

Guest Pud Whacker
So is this the official single cover? I'm getting confused with all of these fake fan-made covers.

me too!!!

It's called over-analising. Haha. That's what this poster always does, basically. I'm personally far too simple for his posts. :p

The song is just a simple euro pop song. No more no less. I mean, Euro trance sound is not for me(it just sounds cheap and uninspired to me) but nothing to analise about this song.

Edited by Sphere74

Guest Pud Whacker

if he was that harsh with kylie, he wouldnt be jamming to it. :demonic:

inspired by something like this? http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_yJ51UEcvCWI/SP1X...zi_swastika.png

Guest ursaminorjim

No. I'm that fair with Kylie too. Besides, I'm not saying anything that a lot of other people here aren't saying as well. As far as me "over analysing," I disagree. I just like to be as accurate with my words as I can.

So have there been leaks or snippets of any of the other mixes apart from the Bennassi one?

No. I'm that fair with Kylie too. Besides, I'm not saying anything that a lot of other people here aren't saying as well. As far as me "over analysing," I disagree. I just like to be as accurate with my words as I can.

So have there been leaks or snippets of any of the other mixes apart from the Bennassi one?

I was not trying to sound sarcastic, love u jim :lol:

Guest seancannon

I like the lyrics, etc., but the techno aspect of it sounds dated. I liked the remixes that I heard before (Oakenfold).

Surely reminescent of Calvin Harris style, but I must admit that the song is really infectious, lyrics are good and the melody is great! The high vocal range and the additional choruses (for ex. it's a celebration)make the tune worth more than a listen :)....By the way, hello to everyone in here! After reading thousands of topics, this is my first post :)

It's alright, it'll probably grow on me...definitely has Oakenfold all over it (as it should since he did produce it after all). This sounds more like a remix than an album track. The verses are great though.