A "Celebration" Of Madonna Music (Part 2)

Mightycomfort

Guest ursaminorjim

No, I totally understand. "Beautiful rip-off" - erm "stranger," I mean - was the hit, and is an inexplicable fan favorite. And as it's more or less a hits collection, it deserves its showing. Besides, there's more than enough genius on display to hide the flaws.

Guest ursaminorjim

And who can get pissed off at a 2-disc Madonna collection? Even if it was made up entirely of her poorest material with 2 new tracks it'd still be worth it! :D

WIOQ has C on its request page? Philly? Wow. It played 4M decently enough, but it will be surprising if it plays "Celebrate," as it didn't touch anything from the COADF era. Unless this is nostalgia and MJ's passing opening some's eyes on U.S. radio ageism.

Back in the day, when it was a more dance/rhythmic station, Madonna was a core act.

EDIT: Those Mediabase links don't work. I can't find the request page on q102philly.com- just trying to see if it actually is listed on that station's site. lol

And, as always, no mass e-mail campaigns- radio is very wise to them.

WIOQ has C on its request page? Philly? Wow. It played 4M decently enough, but it will be surprising if it plays "Celebrate," as it didn't touch anything from the COADF era. Unless this is nostalgia and MJ's passing opening some's eyes on U.S. radio ageism.

Back in the day, when it was a more dance/rhythmic station, Madonna was a core act.

EDIT: Those Mediabase links don't work. I can't find the request page on q102philly.com- just trying to see if it actually is listed on that station's site. lol

And, as always, no mass e-mail campaigns- radio is very wise to them.

q102's official site doesnt have a request page (if im not mistaken)

just google "WIOQ Mediabase" and you should find their mediabase request link

http://www.mediabase.com/mmrweb/7/stationp...p?c_let=WIOQ-FM

link again

Thanks, whoopie. I see it doesn't yet have an audio sample for the track, though.

Are people forgetting- again- that Liz. R said the final tracklist wouldn't be known until "much closer" to the album release?

Yes. It's like Gouryella or Binary Finary something. Which is fine for what it is, but hardly "superior."

Whereas the real version is a singular, gossamer moment of absolute, unparalleled, absolute perfection, rich with layers of sensuality and invention and recrimination and whispers close to the ear and sex grease and butterfly kisses and zero gravity rugburns and yearning and warmth and chills and hips and wrists and knuckles. :inlove:

What a great description of this beautiful song!! :thumbsup:

I think "Beautiful Stranger" will def. be on because it was a bonafide big hit. I would say the real toss-up is between "The Power Of Goodbye" and "What It Feels Like For A Girl," as they were both respectable hits as third singles (and ballads). And, correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe WIFLFAG was actually a (slightly) bigger hit on Mainstream Top 40 than TPOG.

Guest ursaminorjim
That tracklisting can't be real? Looks TOO good. Impressively generous number of tracks and comprehensive. But no Hung Up? :blink:

Disc 1, track 3.

PLEASE REPOST THE LINK TO THE WIOQ LINK

THATS MY LOCAL POP BITCH STATION!!!!

Right here!

KNGY San Francisco

http://www.mediabase.com/mmrweb/7/stationp...p?c_let=KNGY-FM

WIOQ Philadelphia

http://www.mediabase.com/mmrweb/7/stationp...p?c_let=WIOQ-FM

WXKS Boston

http://www.mediabase.com/mmrweb/7/stationp...p?c_let=WXKS-FM

KNHC Seattle

http://www.mediabase.com/mmrweb/7/stationp...p?c_let=KNHC-FM

X081 SiriusXM BPM

http://www.mediabase.com/mmrweb/7/stationp...p?c_let=X081-FM

Go here if you need it again:

http://absolutemadonna.com/absolutemadonna...66&start=15

Dunno if you have to be a member... :thumbsup:

OMG!!!! BACK COVER OMG!?

1. Celebration

2. 4 Minutes

3. Hung Up

4. Die Another Day

5. ?

6. Beautiful Stranger

7. Ray of Light

8. Take A Bow

9. Deeper and Deeper

10. Justify My love

11. Vogue

12. Express Yourself

13. La Isla Bonita

14. Open Your Heart

15. Crazy For You

16. Dress You Up

17. Material Girl

18. Lucky Star

19. Holiday

1. Holiday

2. Borderline

3. Like A Virgin

4. Into The Groove

5. Live To Tell

6. Papa Don't Preach

7. Who's That Girl

8. Like A Prayer

9. Used To Be My Playground

10. ?????Dear Jessie?????? NO IT'S "DID YOU DO IT?" THE E IS JUST A TYPO

11. Secret

12. You Must Love Me

13. Frozen

14. The Power of Goodbye

15. Don't Tell Me

16. Hollywood

17. Sorry

18. Give It To Me

19. Revolver

'Music' & 'Hung Up' MUST be on this thing? [if it's a real track listing]. If it's real, i'd be VERY happy with something like this!

Guest Qbanito21

I think track 10 on disc 2 could be Don't Cry for me Argentina ...... Do instead of De??? can anyone else see it

also, if that ttracklist is accurate there is no Cherish, Rain, I'll Remember :(

I can actually live without those

If that tracklist is real, i knew it was either playground or remember

Not bad, if it's real... As others have pointed out and appreciated, I like the backwards, then forwards again tracklisting (from present to past, from past to present -- and then into the future! woohoo!).

The only odd moment is "Dear Jessie." I love the track, but it does seem a strange inclusion -- especially because it would not keep the track order consistent chronologically. Hmm...

Maybe this isn't even real, but the concept was cool. I'm sure we could all argue over a track or two, but no matter what happens, we'll probably do that.

And I'm so excited for a double DVD! woohoo!

So -- where have others heard MADONNA'S version of "Revolver"? I've seen a couple posts where people seem to indicate they've heard it or have it themselves. Anyone sharing yet? Or do we have to wait for September?

That tracklist does look pretty good for a 2-disc. 3-disks would do her real justice though because she has too many hits.

If that tracklist is indeed true, I give her credit for leaving off "American Life", but leaving in "Hollywood". I mean who wants to be reminded of a middle-aged white woman attempting irony by rapping about her lifestyle and failing miserably? That song did her such damage for awhile. "Hollywood" was a massive flop, but at least it's listenable enough to fit alongside her hits.

I'm looking forward to hearing Madonna's "Revolver", because at least the demo we heard around back sounds far meatier than "Celebration", which is just....okay, I suppose.

Is is the same version as the one that leaked? How does it compare?

its exactly the same....

Completed Digital Orders

Order Date: July 30, 2009

Order #: D01-3958418-6853938

Items:

1 of: Celebration (Album Version) [MP3 Download]

Just bought it from amazon.com. I love this song!

I just bought it too. You just have to click on the "buy mp3 album" button on the left-hand side of the screen, next to the picture of the cover.

Why the hell everyone downloading from amazon NOW?

You should wait till next Tuesday (new week cycle) so that she can open with a bigger number.

Amazon sales count towards the first weeks sales, if i'm not mistaken.