A "Celebration" Of Madonna Music (Part 2)

Mightycomfort

I wonder what will be on the 2 DVDs? Maybe one DVD of music videos, and one DVD of signature live performances???

I can't wait to see the official tracklistings of the CDs and DVDs!!!

:)

^The thread is pinned at the top of the page.

I said there was no reason it can't be a double-DVD release. We can get most of the videos on there, too. Wonder if it will match-up to the double-CD- maybe not (i.e. some soundtrack videos won't be on, and they'll be replaced with lesser hits that had great videos).

^The thread is pinned at the top of the page.

LOL....OMG....I rarely look at the "pinned" topics. I was wondering why the song looks like it's been posted for 4 hours and nobody said anything...lol. Embarrasin' :confused:

Continue.....:)

There is no way they would go for Dear Jessie over Cherish. If they do, then it doesn't make sense.

Madonna's New Song: One Lazy 'Celebration'

Grab your glow sticks, bleach your spiky tips and ditch that tank top because Madonna's new single is here.

The title track from her greatest hits CD, "Celebration," has hit the ground running, and it's .. well ... super sassy. Madonna and DJ/producer Paul Oakenfold tag-teamed to form, what I think may be, her biggest piece of disco-trance trash.

It reeks of laziness and transcends the walls of boredom. I mean, I love a good diva dance hit as much as the next guy in tight jeans, but come on!

You go from a debut single like "4 Minutes" to this piece of stale-ass licorice? If this is any indication as to the direction of her next "actual" CD -- I say that in quotes because a greatest hits album doesn't count -- then I may pop my glow stick back in the freezer and wait for Kylie to hop back in the studio.

Take a listen and see if you agree with me!

http://blogs.nypost.com/popwrap/archives/2...elebration.html

Grab your glow sticks, bleach your spiky tips and ditch that tank top because Madonna's new single is here.

The title track from her greatest hits CD, "Celebration," has hit the ground running, and it's .. well ... super sassy. Madonna and DJ/producer Paul Oakenfold tag-teamed to form, what I think may be, her biggest piece of disco-trance trash.

It reeks of laziness and transcends the walls of boredom. I mean, I love a good diva dance hit as much as the next guy in tight jeans, but come on!

You go from a debut single like "4 Minutes" to this piece of stale-ass licorice? If this is any indication as to the direction of her next "actual" CD -- I say that in quotes because a greatest hits album doesn't count -- then I may pop my glow stick back in the freezer and wait for Kylie to hop back in the studio.

c'mon really NY post blog ....ahhahaha

Guest Pud Whacker

LOOK - its what i ALWAYS say....

the last thing is always adored. :rotfl:

Leave it to you to find a negative review of the song. Wouldn't expect any less from you. :confused: LOL!

By the way, before you go for my jugular, I am not too keen on the latest leak. But every response I've read from you has been negative regarding this song, so that is why I say I am not surprised you posted this.

Guest Danny86
Has it been confirmed that the forthcoming GH will have limited edition with different covers?

Nope, nothing about that. I'd say all editions will be the same, and we know the DVD has the same picture.

I try not to take all of this too seriously since Celebration is meant to be a fun song ... but I think the production of the song is below Madonnas standards. It´s too obvious that Oakenfold is a DJ and remixer and not so much of a composer who is able to incorporate that very special Madonna thing. For the first time I miss the moment when within the very first seconds you realize it´s a Madonna song. Honestly, the intro could be everybody. I even believe I´ve heard it before by someone else. And it sounds all so calculated. No doubt this is gonna be a big hit in Europe. THE summer hit of this year hasn´t arrived yet and most likely Celebration will take the "honour" because the whole sound just caters to the party crowds on vacation in the Mediterranean. Maybe it´s that association that turns me off.

But as a marketing tool I´m absolutely fine with it since it most likely will make people aware of Celebration - The Greatest Hits Collection (CD and DVD) which is the far superior product here. Especially the very young ones who didn´t give a sh*t about her back catalogue and legacy, because she´s too old. So the whole Eurotrash/Dance thing was probably even done by intention. Hopefully it pays off.

Guest ursaminorjim
There is no way they would go for Dear Jessie over Cherish. If they do, then it doesn't make sense.

If they can go for "Beautiful stranger" over "What it feels like for a girl," then anything's possible. All bets are off. :lol:

If they can go for "Beautiful stranger" over "What it feels like for a girl," then anything's possible. All bets are off. :lol:

I ll take a fun track like BS anyday over the pretentious snorefest of WIFLFAG (original version).

Guest Danny86

The only place you'll find "WIFLFAG" anywhere near this project is the DVD. Fortunately that would be the remix version. :D

Guest Pud Whacker
I ll take a fun track like BS anyday over the pretentious snorefest of WIFLFAG (original version).

yeah but both videos are great. :thumbsup:

and the above and beyond mix of wiflfag is f*cking fantastic!!!

yeah but both videos are great. :thumbsup:

and the above and beyond mix of wiflfag is f*cking fantastic!!!

ooooooooo i love above and beyond mix of wiflfag! The video, too, is my fav M video from the 00.

The only place you'll find "WIFLFAG" anywhere near this project is the DVD. Fortunately that would be the remix version. :D

I agree. I think Madonna is quite proud of that video as well, so there is no way she's going to leave it off. It's a great video and the ABOVE AND BEYOND mix is so much superior to the original. It's almost like a totally different song.

Guest bulgar
cdtray2.jpg

fake or not, this set list is quite ingenious and makes perfect sense.

reverse chronological + chronological order = full circle / CELEBRATION :dramatic:

This is SO~ a page outta Mimi's book... but here are some radio stations that added Celebration! SO REQUEST! AND I MEAN IT!!! :provoke:

The following stations already have "Celebrate" on their request pages:

KNGY San Francisco

http://www.mediabase.com/mmrweb/7/stationp...p?c_let=KNGY-FM

WIOQ Philadelphia

http://www.mediabase.com/mmrweb/7/stationp...p?c_let=WIOQ-FM

WXKS Boston

http://www.mediabase.com/mmrweb/7/stationp...p?c_let=WXKS-FM

KNHC Seattle

http://www.mediabase.com/mmrweb/7/stationp...p?c_let=KNHC-FM

X081 SiriusXM BPM

http://www.mediabase.com/mmrweb/7/stationp...p?c_let=X081-FM

It's also funny how some of these stations don't have Obsessed on the request list!

BTW, how many times can you vote each day?

PLEASE REPOST THE LINK TO THE WIOQ LINK

THATS MY LOCAL POP BITCH STATION!!!!

Anyone who says "go froma debut isngle like '4 Minutes' to this...," well- says quite a lot right there. If this person thinks 4M was some TERRIFIC track.... :lol:

LOL

and i though NY loved madonna

Guest ursaminorjim
...It's a great video and the ABOVE AND BEYOND mix is so much superior to the original. It's almost like a totally different song.

Yes. It's like Gouryella or Binary Finary something. Which is fine for what it is, but hardly "superior."

Whereas the real version is a singular, gossamer moment of absolute, unparalleled, absolute perfection, rich with layers of sensuality and invention and recrimination and whispers close to the ear and sex grease and butterfly kisses and zero gravity rugburns and yearning and warmth and chills and hips and wrists and knuckles. :inlove:

Video's a godawful mess, though. :lmao:

"Beautiful Stranger" was a much bigger hit than "What it Feels Like for a Girl."

As for fanbase or Madonna's own preference then I'd say they're pretty equal. I certainly prefer "What it Feels Like for a Girl" but I'd say it's far more likely that "Beautiful Stranger" will get on the GH.

And I won't be pissed off really.